Power in room?

jjrmather

On other cruise line threads, I see comments about bringing an extra card to be able to keep the power on in the room. Is this an issue on Princess? Specifically Ruby Princess? Thanks.

No 💳 Card needed on the Ruby.

Tony

As previous mentioned on Royal and regal only, however leaving a room card in the slot is the answer but our room Stewart used to pull it out.

Your room steward pulled it out unless his name was Stuart !!!!

As previous mentioned on Royal and regal only, however leaving a room card in the slot is the answer but our room Stewart used to pull it out.

I'm pretty sure they're instructed to.

On other cruise line threads, I see comments about bringing an extra card to be able to keep the power on in the room. Is this an issue on Princess? Specifically Ruby Princess? Thanks.

Not needed on Ruby.

On Regal / Royal, just tear the cover off the pocket map.

Instant card.

I guess I woke up on the stupid side of the bed this morning. What is this post about, what card/power?

Royal/Regal have a slot inside the cabin door where the light switch would be.

Like European hotel etc you have to put your cruise card in the slot to activate the lights in the cabin.

Some just use a business card etc instead of the cruise card.

Thanks for the good news that it does not control the AC. I would think that in warm climates' date=' it would get hot quickly without the AC.

Thanks so much.[/quote']

Exactly.

FYI......

On some cruise lines the balcony door has a switch to turn the AC off if the door is open. Not on Princess.

Can't understand why you would want to leave the lights on while you're out? Or the aircom? Do you do that at home? If so, you're welcome to your fuel bills!

Yes, I leave some of the lights on when I go out. Regarding the AC, with the summer temp here in the valley reaching 105-115, you bet your bippy I leave the AC on 24/7. But during the winter I don't have the heat on 24/7 - it would get much to warm, even with the thermostat set at 72 degrees.

Royal/Regal have a slot inside the cabin door where the light switch would be.

Like European hotel etc you have to put your cruise card in the slot to activate the lights in the cabin.

Some just use a business card etc instead of the cruise card.

Ah, thanks; I've never sailed on the newer ships. Guess that would eliminate accidently leaving your cabin without your card - as I've done.:rolleyes:

Edited by Treven

The card also controls power to the TV and my DW said the outlets in the room as well. I know it does the TV for sure as on the Royal in a minisuite there are 2 Tvs and before u can watching anything on them they force you to watch a long introduction video, on both TVs. Me being the smart guy let the video start playing as we left for the muster drill thinking when I came back it would be ready to go. Took the card out of the slot, left and came back to a powered down TV and had to watch the video from the beginning.

Cannot directly confirm the outlet portion, but as DW will tell you she is always right, so guess I will take her word for it. [emoji41]

Can't understand why you would want to leave the lights on while you're out? Or the aircom? Do you do that at home? If so, you're welcome to your fuel bills!

I'm happy to turn off the lights.

But, if forced to use my cruise card in the slot, I would

lock myself out of the cabin many, many times during

a cruise.

For instance, I run out while Mrs. Pablo is still in the cabin.

Do I turn the lights off on her?