Adventure- Aft or Hump?

Which do you prefer on the Adventure, Center Aft on deck 10 or center hump on deck 9? Both junior suites.

We have never had an aft balcony before but I'm worried about the structure blocking our view. Also my husband said it might be weird only being able to see where we have been. Versus looking sideways and seeing both front and back.

We are probably doing a B2B and as of right now I can get either room for both cruises which is important to me. I don't want to have to switch rooms halfway through our vacation!

Edited by readytolose

Which do you prefer on the Adventure, Center Aft on deck 10 or center hump on deck 9? Both junior suites.

We have never had an aft balcony before but I'm worried about the structure blocking our view. Also my husband said it might be weird only being able to see where we have been. Versus looking sideways and seeing both front and back.

We are probably doing a B2B and as of right now I can get either room for both cruises which is important to me. I don't want to have to switch rooms halfway through our vacation!

1694 & 1394 are the best JS on the ship, IMO. If one is still available, grab it. (I was unable to, when they opened the new bookings ;))

1694 & 1394 are the best JS on the ship, IMO. If one is still available, grab it. (I was unable to, when they opened the new bookings ;))

Your comment makes me smile! We were able to grab 1694 during the pricing frenzy the other night and our friends grabbed 1394 on the same trip. Any idea if the dividers between the balconies are removable for those two JS's? That would make one sweet balcony!

Edited by mjgep0316

Your comment makes me smile! We were able to grab 1694 during the pricing frenzy the other night and our friends grabbed 1394 on the same trip. Any idea if the dividers between the balconies are removable for those two JS's? That would make one sweet balcony!

Sorry, no. Rejoice in your JS. Enjoy your privacy. ;)

I usually prefer the true afts but on AOS they are both connecting cabins on deck #10..so I opted for an almost center hump JS on deck #9 for our upcoming B2B this May. We had this same cabin on Mariner for our Asia cruise and loved this location.

First time in a Jr Suite. I like the aft cabins.

Both 1394 and 1694 are available for my cruise.

Presently I have 6692 and 6694 booked.

Did you heard any noise from the deck above? Are these cabins with bigger balconies? Why the best?

Would you switch cabins?

Thanks for the replies.

I went to book 1394 for both legs of my cruise yesterday and for some reason my credit card wasn't working online. I didn't have time to call so sadly I waited. Today that room is no longer available for one portion of our trip.

Would you still book that room for one of the cruises and either:

A.) hope whoever booked it cancels and then scoop it up, knowing that I most likely will be stuck with different rooms and will have to change rooms after the first cruise?

B.) just book a different room that is available for both cruises

I'm torn. I was really looking forward to trying out the aft balcony but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to switch rooms between cruises.

First time in a Jr Suite. I like the aft cabins.

Both 1394 and 1694 are available for my cruise.

Presently I have 6692 and 6694 booked.

Did you heard any noise from the deck above? Are these cabins with bigger balconies? Why the best?

Would you switch cabins?

The view from Deck 6 aft is severely restricted. You are at deck level. From the edge of your balcony to the actual back of the ship is a large flat deck.

The view from Deck 10 is MUCH better.

Thanks for the replies.

I went to book 1394 for both legs of my cruise yesterday and for some reason my credit card wasn't working online. I didn't have time to call so sadly I waited. Today that room is no longer available for one portion of our trip.

Would you still book that room for one of the cruises and either:

A.) hope whoever booked it cancels and then scoop it up, knowing that I most likely will be stuck with different rooms and will have to change rooms after the first cruise?

B.) just book a different room that is available for both cruises

That at least assures you'd be set...and can still make a selection you know.

The view from Deck 6 aft is severely restricted. You are at deck level. From the edge of your balcony to the actual back of the ship is a large flat deck.

The view from Deck 10 is MUCH better.

I have 2 Jr cabins booked side by side. I was able to switch one of them from 6 deck aft Jr Suite 6692 to 1694, the other 1394 was not available.

This cruise is a surprise so can't ask my family. The other cabin 6694 on 6 deck is for my DD and partner, my other DD is sharing with me.

I don't know if I should keep 6694 or switch to a Jr Suite on deck 10 so they can visit together.

What would you do, switch or keep 6694?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm booked on the Adventure, staying on deck 8 in the first hump stateroom - #8310.

This will be my first balcony - any thoughts on the location or hump situation?

You have done well....enjoy :)

I'm booked on the Adventure, staying on deck 8 in the first hump stateroom - #8310.

This will be my first balcony - any thoughts on the location or hump situation?

The location will be convenient to the stairs and elevator lobby. Being at the forward part of the hump, you won't be able to look directly back, but it won't be a huge obstruction.