Crown & Anchor and Celebrity?

Truluv

Just to clarify:

The matching status begins at Platinum. Celebrity recognizes C&A Platinum and Emerald as Select.

Diamond and up are recognized as Elite.

And vice versa, of course.

:)

Thanks. My original thought was with regards to the OP mentioning turning Diamond soon, but your answer is more complete.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Are you familiar with the MSC Black Level benefits? They are considerably better than Diamond or Elite. You might want to check out what you receive:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

I read them long before you posted that link. I'm not sure what you find 'considerably' better. Maybe you could be a little more specific.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think the someone who thinks that RCL has "dysfunctional reciprocal policies" should go to Carnival Cruise Lines corporation. Their reciprocal policies are not dysfunctional - they don't exist at all!

There have been a number of cases where an airline has started service at the hub of another line, and has tried to poach frequent fliers from the established airline by offering reciprocal benefits. I have friends who cruised MSC several years ago, and swore never again. Apparently MSC is trying to up their game in North America, and has to do SOMETHING to get people to try their product. I just hope that the MSC Black benefit of a "MSC Voyagers Club Chocolate Ship" is not a misspelling:eek:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

We are Elite with Celebrity and are taking our first RCCL cruise with in January. Have read this thread with your interest.

My question is are we be eligible for any perks while taking our cruise?

We are Elite with Celebrity and are taking our first RCCL cruise with in January. Have read this thread with your interest.

If you call Royal's Crown & Anchor (800-526-9723), ask for reciprocity, have them put your new Crown & Anchor number in your January booking, then you will be recognized as Diamond on board.

Among other things, you will have access to the Diamond lounge (all ships but Majesty and Empress) with free snacks and drinks in the evening. You will also get 3 drink vouchers per night to use at any bar during the cocktail period.

If you call Royal's Crown & Anchor (800-526-9723), ask for reciprocity, have them put your new Crown & Anchor number in your January booking, then you will be recognized as Diamond on board.

Among other things, you will have access to the Diamond lounge (all ships but Majesty and Empress) with free snacks and drinks in the evening. You will also get 3 drink vouchers per night to use at any bar during the cocktail period.

As Bob Clarea well explained what you will get with the Diamond perks....which my DH and I have enjoyed quite a bit as so many others have. One perk I love, is on those ships with the dedicated Diamond Lounge there is a cappuccino machine and I can go in there any time of the day or night to get a latte. I love that part of the perk -- small thing, but nice for me.

Now let me ask you that since you are Elite on Celebrity what are the perks that come with that level in your club. We will be trying Celebrity at some point, and I would love to hear from you what those perks are and what you enjoy the most.

Now let me ask you that since you are Elite on Celebrity what are the perks that come with that level in your club. We will be trying Celebrity at some point, and I would love to hear from you what those perks are and what you enjoy the most.

As a D on Royal who has done one Celebrity cruise, the Elite perks are similar to the Diamond perks. There is no dedicated Diamond lounge but they do have a nightly Elite event similar to the nightly Diamond lounge event. Elites get a set number of Internet minutes which can be used anytime as opposed to Royal's 24 hour period. Elites get a free laundry bag. They also have an Elite continental breakfast held in a specialty restaurant where you can also get specialty coffees, Bloody Mary's, mamosa's, etc.

Do they only match your status once, or is it dependent on your status at the time of booking? We are platinum on Royal, but I wouldn't want to request the status match on Celebrity until we reach Diamond on Royal. However, if they would match our status now, and then again when we were diamond, I would look into it.

...Now let me ask you that since you are Elite on Celebrity what are the perks that come with that level in your club. We will be trying Celebrity at some point, and I would love to hear from you what those perks are and what you enjoy the most.
Celebrity does NOT have a dedicated lounge but does has a shorter evening Happy Hour (generally 5-7pm), and small hors oeuvres brought around occasionally by waiters (it is possible to eat dinner from the Diamond buffet; not so on Celebrity). BUT Elites get a very nice continental breakfast (usually in a specialty restaurant) from 8-10 that includes Bloody Marys and Mimosas, cappuccinos, fresh squeezed juice and almond croissants (my favorite). Celebrity often has officers in attendance at the Happy Hour and they are there to chat if you wish. Elites get complementary dry cleaning of one item (a suit coat and trousers are considered one item). Elite complementary laundry is any day you wish, and doesn't have to be only on "stuff the bag" day. Benefits are not the same as C&A, but IMO they are about equal. ENJOY

Do they only match your status once, or is it dependent on your status at the time of booking? We are platinum on Royal, but I wouldn't want to request the status match on Celebrity until we reach Diamond on Royal. However, if they would match our status now, and then again when we were diamond, I would look into it.

Once the status is linked, it will automatically upgrade your Celebrity level as you move up on your Royal level.

What I don't understand is why RC doesn't have one loyalty program across all of its cruise lines. I belong to the American Airlines Aadvantage program. Besides the fact that I've earned miles while flying on Alaska Airlines and British Airways, and my Gold status on AA is recognized on Alaska and BA.

The fact that RC has different programs for its individual cruise lines would be like Marriott having a different loyalty program for Marriott, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, and Fairfield.

What I don't understand is why RC doesn't have one loyalty program across all of its cruise lines.

They would have to severely curtail the benefits or raise the points needed for each level. Also, it would be very difficult to align perks across all lines. As was mentioned, in the overall context of cruise line loyalty programs, RCCL is doing quite well.

What I don't understand is why RC doesn't have one loyalty program across all of its cruise lines...
I don't think any cruise corporation has a unified loyalty program across their brands. I THINK (might be wrong) that neither Carnival Corp nor NCLHoldings gives any reciprocal benefits from one of their lines to another. RCCL at least offers benefits across RCI, Celebrity and Azamara to those Platinum or higher.

• 11 months later...

This info has been really helpful. We were 10 points shy of Diamond on Royal when I booked a January 2019 trip on Celebrity Edge. We were ready to try a brand new ship and something a little different. As I started to weigh the pros/cons of perks, timing and my need for a cruise sooner after such a harsh winter, we just booked a 5-day Bermuda on Anthem in a junior suite so we’ll be Diamond/Elite in January. We’ll officially be Diamond for the next Royal cruise we book (2020??), but seemed like a good idea to go for it now and add an extra vacation. The discussion validated my way of thinking!! Thanks!