Any chance for a price drop AOS 12/23/16?

I know, I know I must be delusional. I just can't believe that many families can afford 6K+ for an inside cabin for 4.

You're going during a holiday week. High demand equals high cost. Price drop? No one knows

What ship? AOS means nothing when there are multiple

Edited by SeaUs

OOP's! Yes I just now realized there are three ships in the RCL fleet that begin with "A". Pardon my ignorance :o. Anthem of The Seas is the ship I am referring to. Yes, I do realize it is a holiday week, that is when our children are off of school. That limits our flexibility, we may just have to bit the bullet :eek:

I wouldn't hold you breath for a price drop. Often as the booking window shortens and the ships fill you can easily see price increases. Over Christmas and over New Year's are the two busiest cruise times of the year. As a retired agent, it was always difficult when quoting prices for those times to clients who were unaware of how in demand that time is. I always waited for the gasp. You will also likely note that those dates usually sell out even before final payment. Of course, the economy and world events can potentially change everything.

As a reference point, this past xmas, Anthem had an 8 night sailing (vs 10 this year with a better itinerary) and the Z GTY rate bottomed out at $1000 pp (there were some lower residence and police rates) just inside final payment (about 65 days out). Current prices do seem a bit high - it's all about inventory, watch that and it will tell you where prices are heading.:cool:

We sailed on the 8 night Christmas cruise mentioned above this past year (in 2015). We booked it fairly late, and got adjoining D6 cabins for me and mom in one, 2 boys in the other.

We have D/D+ discount, and our final price with taxes was about $1,239 per person (give or take about $25 depending on whether it was mom's cabin or the boys). I don't think that's terrible for an 8 night holiday cruise.

We also looked at sailing on Freedom that same week. But the priced never really dropped and we'd have had to pay airfare for 4 people and it would have been much more that way.

So maybe keep an eye on it, watch during various sales and keep checking. You might see a drop and catch it before it goes back up again.

Edited by njmomof2

• 4 weeks later...
Didn't want to take a chance missing out, so we booked it. Cabins that hold 4 are hard to come by. No insides left, had to go with outside. Did score OBC and paid gratuities for passengers 1 & 2 :)

Like you, a huge percentage of those sailing on the Anthem drive to the port. They don't have to worry about airfare. This sends cruise fares higher. People are willing to pay higher fares to avoid flying.

Like you, a huge percentage of those sailing on the Anthem drive to the port. They don't have to worry about airfare. This sends cruise fares higher. People are willing to pay higher fares to avoid flying.

Yes, flying adds $$, We would rather drive and possible pay more for the cruise. I still feel that cruising a a good value for a family vacation :)