No assignment for guarantee!!

I guess I am a bit confused. Are you saying that someone is already occupying the room for which you were assigned? Further, your room key worked for that room?

We've had this happen in a land hotel, but never on a cruise. I was glad I was the one who opened the door rather than the one who was surprised

Yikes.

M

We were on an Oceania cruise a few weeks ago. Overheard a couple talking outside what was to be their Suite and they found that another couple had also been assigned the same suite. :eek: It happens! Not sure of the outcome.

How?

At the top of the thread, right-hand side, there is a link for "Thread Tools".

Click on that and then choose "Subscribe to this Thread". That will bring up another page that gives you a drop-down menu for notification options.

Choose the option that works for you, then click the "Add Subscription" button.

Done! :)

At the top of the thread, right-hand side, there is a link for "Thread Tools".

Click on that and then choose "Subscribe to this Thread". That will bring up another page that gives you a drop-down menu for notification options.

Choose the option that works for you, then click the "Add Subscription" button.

Done! :)

Thank you!!!

So after checking every day, today I finally got my assignments for our March 20 cruise on the Allure. We reserved an ocean view guarantee and were upgraded to central park with balcony! It could be beginners luck, as it's my first cruise, but I'm very excited!!

Make sure you pull the curtains for the balcony, otherwise, the cabin across from you can see in, and see A LOT...:eek:

I'm even worse. I always pick my cabin, and then spend way too much time prior to departure checking prices to see if I can improve my category. lol

I do the same thing.. And usually get lucky enough to upgrade at least one category....

I hope the OP doesn't leave us hanging for the remainder of his/her cruise. Hopefully he bought an Internet package!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope not!!! look at what I'm doing first thing in the morning!!! BTW, something similar happened to us in NYC. We opened the door to our assigned room and someone's bags were there. We closed the door went back to the front desk and were upgraded to a Jr suite. Wishing the same for the OP. :)

So do I. It drives my wife nuts, but I have fun doing it. It passes the time, and I just might get lucky. Lol

I also do the same thing, but my boyfriend could care less what cabin we are in and the only person I'm driving nuts is myself! Sailing in less than 3 weeks, and still don't have a cabin assignment! Yikes!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We really didn't want to pay more than a hundred bones for slow garbage Internet, but I needed to read the email updates about my baby so we cracked and bought a package today.

Anyway.

I'd surmised that the room was being occupied by staff because it was in a completely unpacked state, the twins were separated, and the objects we could see weren't of a very vacation-y nature (protein powder).

When I went to guest services the officer was mortified and called down to have the room cleared out. I think she expected us to start yelling and throwing things. The room was ready by 3 as promised and we were waiting outside of it a bit before that and saw a couple guys in maintenance jumpsuits hauling out backpacks and very much NOT making eye contact. I kinda felt bad for them.

Then the guest services stalking began. First they left us an apologetic note asking us to call and let them know everything was resolved to our satisfaction but I'm lazy so I didn't follow up. Then they called US yesterday and offered to make it right with specialty dining vouchers. Score! And I didn't even have to get bratty and complain! :D

So what I think happened is that a couple of enterprising maintenance guys saw that our room wasn't booked on the manifest (oops!) and decided to squat here instead of their quarters. I probably would've done the same. I hope they didn't get in trouble.

We really didn't want to pay more than a hundred bones for slow garbage Internet, but I needed to read the email updates about my baby so we cracked and bought a package today.

Anyway.

I'd surmised that the room was being occupied by staff because it was in a completely unpacked state, the twins were separated, and the objects we could see weren't of a very vacation-y nature (protein powder).

When I went to guest services the officer was mortified and called down to have the room cleared out. I think she expected us to start yelling and throwing things. The room was ready by 3 as promised and we were waiting outside of it a bit before that and saw a couple guys in maintenance jumpsuits hauling out backpacks and very much NOT making eye contact. I kinda felt bad for them.

Then the guest services stalking began. First they left us an apologetic note asking us to call and let them know everything was resolved to our satisfaction but I'm lazy so I didn't follow up. Then they called US yesterday and offered to make it right with specialty dining vouchers. Score! And I didn't even have to get bratty and complain! :D

So what I think happened is that a couple of enterprising maintenance guys saw that our room wasn't booked on the manifest (oops!) and decided to squat here instead of their quarters. I probably would've done the same. I hope they didn't get in trouble.

Bravo!! Awesome attitude! :D Glad it worked out to your satisfaction. I hope you enjoy your dinners and the rest of the cruise.:)

And most likely you would be wrong. Extra crew use guest cabins all the time as do contractors who are brought on to do work.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this thread. We booked the beginning of April our first Grand Suite or better guarantee and sail in 22 days. Feels kind of like when I was a kid waiting to open a gift. Anticipation.....

Just saw this thread. We booked the beginning of April our first Grand Suite or better guarantee and sail in 22 days. Feels kind of like when I was a kid waiting to open a gift. Anticipation.....

I've only heard of Suite Guarantee (W) which could put you in a Junior Suite. How did you book a Grand Suite Guarantee? I would do that always to save a few clams.