Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

Ok, so I know there have been a few threads floating around about decreases in drink packages due to a misunderstanding of the price structure and whether or not gratuities were actually included.

However, there appears to be a promotion that just started this morning for 20% off of drink packages. I know for sure it applies to the Ultimate and Premium packages and that is only good for "certain sailings". I could not find this promotion on the RC website though so I don't have many helpful details!

As such, I do not know for sure which sailings as the representatives I spoke to weren't super clear on this but it did apply to our Anthem sailing. I was also assured by three separate representatives that it DOES includes gratuities! We have already cancelled our higher priced drink packages and re-purchased at the reduced rate and printed out all the confirmations so we do know that it is in fact a truly reduced rate!

So, to anyone who has already purchased or is interested in purchasing a drink package, check out your cruise planner to see if it pops up with a 20% off!! :D Good luck!

Thank You!!!! I just checked my sailing and it too was reduced 20% and that sure does help when buying two packages. I've been asking and reading on this board and no one seemed to have any straight answer. I'm so glad that I just checked again while packing.

This shouldn't be so difficult (which it has been and still is for so many) however, my ?'s have been answered and in a positive way. YAHOO!!!

Thanks so much, I was able to grab the 20% off discount! I've been on the fence about whether or not to purchase a package since I'm not much of a drinker, but this tipped my hand. I would never have thought to look for beverage package sales if I hadn't seen it posted here. Gotta love CC!

Anthem 4/8/16 is currently running 20% off alcoholic beverage packages (not replenish nor refreshment.) Current prices are:

Select - $31/day

Premium - $39/day

Ultimate - $47/day

For a 10 day cruise, I paid $472 for the Ultimate package just now, so I'm guessing the $47 included tip.

Ditto on the Serenade sailing on 3/18 YAHOO!!!

Good to know. Mine not included. Wondering from anyone that got it--- might this include diamond or above discounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are Diamond Plus and I don't think that it has anything to do with one's status. It just showed up for our 3/18 sailing on the Serenade so grabbed two packages. No need to rush getting ready for the Lounge. So happy 😊🍾🍷🍻🍸🚢🌴😜

Would it be so hard to just say , drink package sale on cruise x and y on these dates ... Maybe there just trying to drive more traffic to there web site by making us all go look for our selfs

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Two cruises booked here and no discount on either one [emoji45] Congrats to all who are able to take advantage of the savings.

I do agree it would be better to let everyone know what criteria is used to determine which sailings it applies to.

Is it too far out to see and purchase drink packages for our voyage?

Not sure when/where I would see drink package offers. We booked through a TA, if that makes a difference.

If you cannot see the beverage packages in your Cruise Planner, then it's likely too far in advance.

Guess it's nothing for the Liberty, checked my 3 booked cruises and nada.

Nothing on Liberty for September either, but it might be too early since dining isn't available either. It would be nice if they continued it.

Oh Heck

I am working here in AUD - Aussie Dollars

I posted earlier I cancelled my first packages and rebooked the new ones - lo and behold - I looked again and the price has been revised again - this time down to the equivalent of the $55 USD from the $57 USD.

This change means a further saving for me of $100 AUD

BUT - it means another cancellation and then a further credit card deduction and based on the site information for Royal Caribbean they only say the refund may take 2 billing cycles - 2 months?

How annoying that will be a large chunk of money out off the credit card for a period of time and also affect the limit if it take 2 months in the worst case

Think I am going to leave it for 2 weeks and see if my refund turns up and then cancel and rebook again....ho hum....the offer will possibly change again and not for the better knowing my luck

Still mega pleased with first discount but would have like both...

For those of you doubt whether or not there was actually a decrease, it is now down to 65 dollars a day plus grats. When I booked last week, it was 67 plus gratuities.

Just opened Cruise Planner. Ultimate is about $69 per day with gratuity on Allure 5/29. So no 20% discount and 2 bucks higher per day than I paid on Anthem 2 weeks ago.

Same prices on my Majesty cruise on 4/29.

Two questions

1) Anyone receive the discount on an Oasis sailing? If Allure sailings have the discount why not the Oasis?

2) For those who do not see the discount have you tried calling RC to see if the discount is available through a rep? The website is known to have flaws.

I am on a Oasis sailing and did not see the discount. I will call first thing in the morning and hope for the best.

Would it be so hard to just say , drink package sale on cruise x and y on these dates ... Maybe there just trying to drive more traffic to there web site by making us all go look for our selfs

It is against Royal Caribbean corporate policy to make something easy.