Teens in cabin together

ok question about RCCL policy on having teens/minors in a room together. Seems like every time I speak to a RCCL rep on the phone I get a different answer to this question. We will be traveling on Oasis in April 2017 for my son's senior year spring break. He will be 18 and will be bringing 2 freinds along who will be 17 at that time. The phone rep that I was making my reservation with said as long as the rooms are right across the hall from each other or next door to each other, then we can put the 3 of them in a room together. We have reserved 2 rooms on deck 10 - one an oceanview balcony and one a Central park balcony- they are directly across the hall from each other. My husband and I will be in the Ocean view balcony with the boys in the Central park balcony. Has anyone had any experience with this? I just don't want to get to check in on sail day and have them tell me there has to be at least one person over 21 in each room!! That would be a cruise ruiner for sure!!

ok question about RCCL policy on having teens/minors in a room together. Seems like every time I speak to a RCCL rep on the phone I get a different answer to this question. We will be traveling on Oasis in April 2017 for my son's senior year spring break. He will be 18 and will be bringing 2 freinds along who will be 17 at that time. The phone rep that I was making my reservation with said as long as the rooms are right across the hall from each other or next door to each other, then we can put the 3 of them in a room together. We have reserved 2 rooms on deck 10 - one an oceanview balcony and one a Central park balcony- they are directly across the hall from each other. My husband and I will be in the Ocean view balcony with the boys in the Central park balcony. Has anyone had any experience with this? I just don't want to get to check in on sail day and have them tell me there has to be at least one person over 21 in each room!! That would be a cruise ruiner for sure!!

Book it that way. Then move where you want to sleep. (you in one cabin, your husband in the other). Since they are right across the hall from each other, you can still keep an eye on them. (although in your circumstances, I would insist on two cabins with a connecting door. you are taking responsibility for two other teenage boys. SO much can go terribly wrong.)

The rules are actually DIFFERENT, depending on whether they are YOUR children or someone else's.

Right, you can only "Supervise" the same amount as non related minors as there are related minors. So 1 teen of your own allows you 1 friend. You will have to book one parent with your teen and a friend, and one parent with the other friend.

There are reps that will let you book all the teens in one room, they did for us, but then called, after final payment, to say that the bookings were not allowed and would be cancelled. After speaking to many people, including some in Adam Goldstien's office, they finally allowed the bookings to remain, BUT changed the names on the bookings to match their rules.

Edited by uksimonusa

Right, you can only "Supervise" the same amount as non related minors as there are related minors. So 1 teen of your own allows you 1 friend. You will have to book one parent with your teen and a friend, and one parent with the other .

Agree with this. You must have one adult assigned to each cabin, because you have 2 unrelated minors traveling with you.

Now, if all three minors were your own children, it would be no problem booking the kids together directly across the hall.

Read this thread. Some of it doesn't apply to your situation, but enough does to be a cautionary tale. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1635089&highlight=denied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mom.to.2

Not sure if you know this and I didn't see it mentioned above -- you'll need paperwork for the minors as they're not your kids.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=2702&faqSubjectId=322

It's so they know you're not kidnapping the kids, have temporary guardianship/responsibility, and can make medical decisions for them.

What do they say the definition of a minor is? Under 18 years old or under 21 years old? Right now, I have my niece (18) booked with me in one room connecting with the internal door to a room with my kids, (18) and (15). Do I have to still get written notorized permission for my niece to sail with us even though she is 18?

What do they say the definition of a minor is? Under 18 years old or under 21 years old? Right now, I have my niece (18) booked with me in one room connecting with the internal door to a room with my kids, (18) and (15). Do I have to still get written notorized permission for my niece to sail with us even though she is 18?

Legally in the US, an 18 year old is not a minor. However, you will visiting other countries, so I would still get the notarized letter, just in case.

Thanks for all the responses. CC is such an awesome resource!! I will leave the booking as is for now, if they call me on it I will just book it with my husband and I in each of the rooms and then just use the cabins as we want to when we get on board. I will also make sure I have all the proper documentation for the freinds traveling with us.

We are doing this next week with our teens who are 18 and 15. We couldn't get adjoining rooms but they are next door to us.

We have our kids booked in a room next to us. DS turns 14 on Day 2 and dd is 11.

This is OK because they are your OWN kids. RCI allows you to book your own kids in a room next door, or directly across the hall from, your own cabin.

When some of the children are not your own, as in the OP's situation, then there is a rule that at least half the kids in the separate cabin must be your own. Otherwise, you need to book one adult into each cabin if the ratio of your own kids:other kids is less than 1:1