New to Suite Life on Princess ?????'s

latebloomer56

Hi folk's,

Well I did it I took an up sell to a suite now wonder what was I thinking. Yes it was an excellent deal as we are paying the same price a mid ship mini cost (was already in a mini) for an owners suite. Wouldn't have done this for a penthouse. Now for my questions as this is a first for us.

Anybody ever stay in the Baja B735 Suite? We have been in an aft suite on NCL and liked it very much so thruster noise isn't an issue.

Do we tip the concierge would it be 5.00 a day?

I generally tip our cabin steward for any extras so that would be no different unless he/she isn't part of the auto tips.

Plan on doing formals this trip (first time in years) how many days would it take for Mike's suit to get refreshed and returned. Don't plan on using the cleaning service I'm picky about my things.

Not big drinkers I try different things throughout the cruise and sometimes wine with dinner. Can we swap the mini bar out for all diet coke?

I get a coffee card each trip does the suite lounge have brewed coffee 24/7? I'm up at 4-4:30 every day (yes even on vacation) and like my coffee.

Thanks as always I know some of these questions are answered but can't locate them. Other than a few general things not much in the way of suite posts.

Laura

Edited by latebloomer56
added

Hi folk's,

Well I did it I took an up sell to a suite now wonder what was I thinking. Yes it was an excellent deal as we are paying the same price a mid ship mini cost (was already in a mini) for an owners suite. Wouldn't have done this for a penthouse. Now for my questions as this is a first for us.

Anybody ever stay in the Baja B735 Suite? We have been in an aft suite on NCL and liked it very much so thruster noise isn't an issue.

Do we tip the concierge would it be 5.00 a day? If your suite is on the Ruby...no concierge (only on the Royal/Regal).

I generally tip our cabin steward for any extras so that would be no different unless he/she isn't part of the auto tips. Steward is the same as in other cabins.

Plan on doing formals this trip (first time in years) how many days would it take for Mike's suit to get refreshed and returned. Don't plan on using the cleaning service I'm picky about my things.

Not big drinkers I try different things throughout the cruise and sometimes wine with dinner. Can we swap the mini bar out for all diet coke? Yes.Or 2 coffee cards or all water, etc. Like for like for all items, i.e. 2 vodkas for 2 brandy.

I get a coffee card each trip does the suite lounge have brewed coffee 24/7? No suite lounge on the Ruby, Regal/Royal only

I'm up at 4-4:30 every day (yes even on vacation) and like my coffee.

Thanks as always I know some of these questions are answered but can't locate them. Other than a few general things not much in the way of suite posts.

Laura

Your history shows your next cruise on the Ruby. The only differences between ships would be the Royal/Regal.

Hi folk's,

Anybody ever stay in the Baja B735 Suite? We have been in an aft suite on NCL and liked it very much so thruster noise isn't an issue.I was in the suite directly above it on the Royal (I am assuming this is for your Regal cruise). I loved this suite. It was large and the layout tended to make it feel like two very separate rooms.

Do we tip the concierge would it be 5.00 a day?The concierge is located in the Concierge Lounge. It is not like the concierge on NCL, you will only interact with the concierge if you go to the lounge. I did give a tip because she did a lot of stuff for us.

I generally tip our cabin steward for any extras so that would be no different unless he/she isn't part of the auto tips.

Plan on doing formals this trip (first time in years) how many days would it take for Mike's suit to get refreshed and returned. Don't plan on using the cleaning service I'm picky about my things.You will get expediited service in a suite. Probably 2 days at the longest.

Not big drinkers I try different things throughout the cruise and sometimes wine with dinner. Can we swap the mini bar out for all diet coke? You can swap the mini for 2 coffee cards or a one to one basis- so yes you can swap it all out for diet coke.

I get a coffee card each trip does the suite lounge have brewed coffee 24/7? I'm up at 4-4:30 every day (yes even on vacation) and like my coffee.If you are on the Regal, there is a Concierge Lounge which is designated for suites only. There is a super fancy coffee/espresso machine in there. You will have 24/7 access.

Laura

Enjoy your suite! See answers in orange above.

I've not looked at your cruise history (you don't mention which ship you are on) however if your on the Regal, as Tracie mentioned.. This is an excellent Suite. We were in B734 this past December. However we would only book an Owners Suite again if we got a deal like you did, so enjoy the perks. The balcony is absolutely fabulous. If you do have a concierge, use them to make all your dinner reservations and anything else they are willing to handle for you. Easy as pie.

Also eat breakfast in Sabatini's. A must try.

Hi folk's,

You don't mention the ship, but only the Royal and Regal Princess have a B735 owners suite so I assume you are on one of these ships.

Depends if they do anything for you

A charge of $13.50/pp/day will be charged to your on board account to cover your cabin steward, waiters and others that provide service. With that said we generally provide and extra amount in cash to the cabin steward, but it is up to you. All beverage purchases have a 15% grat. added at the time of purchase.

There is one day and two day service

Not big drinkers I try different things throughout the cruise and sometimes wine with dinner. Can we swap the mini bar out for all diet coke?

Yes, you can swap all or part of the mini bar for diet coke. You can also swap it all out for two coffee cards. Call room service to make the swap once on board.

I get a coffee card each trip does the suite lounge have brewed coffee 24/7? I'm up at 4-4:30 every day (yes even on vacation) and like my coffee.

Laura

Some information is above. Also,

As a full suite passenger you can get breakfast at Sabatini's. Breakfast at Sabatini's is only available to full suite passengers.

I assume this is the Suite Benefits guide you are looking at:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

which has for one of the bullet points under BE TREATED LIKE ROYALTY ONBOARD AND AS YOU GO ASHORE!

• Use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite, a communal relaxation center (on select ships, excluding Regal and Royal Princess)

So unfortunately you are correct, The Enclave on Regal is not included as a suite benefit.

The only info from Princess about the mini bar is hidden under Elite perks, so you have to log into the Captains Circle center to find it:

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

To view the FAQs on Elite benefits (most of which duplicate Suite benefits) go here, but registration on the Princess site is required:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page

You also get complimentary Speciality Restaurant dining the first night of cruise. Be sure to make your reservation as soon as you get to your suite. Reservations go quick.

Sabatini's each morning for breakfast is glorious, don't miss the fresh OJ! Those mornings you certainly get it your way! The kindest staff ever! Enjoy!

You also get complimentary Speciality Restaurant dining the first night of cruise. Be sure to make your reservation as soon as you get to your suite. Reservations go quick.

Sabatini's each morning for breakfast is glorious, don't miss the fresh OJ! Those mornings you certainly get it your way! The kindest staff ever! Enjoy!

At the Sabatini's breakfast, also enjoy espresso/cappuccino drinks freshly made at no charge and no damage to your Coffee Card.

The breakfast perk is hard to adequately describe. The top A-team elite of the wait staff is assigned to Sab Breakfast plus they enjoy it. This means a great experience and unique memories... they might dance, sing, make secret barnyard noises to confuse kids, help you get something not on the menu like steak&eggs, and we have seen all of the above.

Free boutonnière and corsage for first formal night are real. The Pillow Menu might be mythical - I have a copy but have never confirmed any truth to it.

Room service in a Suite can be afternoon tea or any Breakfast Lunch or Dinner item being served in the MDR. Yes you can play Host in your suite to any number of passengers (Princess likes to get more people exposed to the Suite life of course!).

If you paid to upgrade, you get double credit for the cruise towards Circle status - not the case for free upgrades.

Getting my tux cleaned and returned by the next formal night was never a problem - give a head's up to your steward so they can make it happen. Needed this on second leg of B2B when we really worked the formalwear. :)

Enjoy your suite - I just know you will!

Edited by sminfiddle

Hi folk's,

Laura

The best perk is Sabatini's for breakfast. The one problem you might run into, you will never want to return to any other type of cabin. When we took our anniversary cruise, we had our first suite. We only want the suite life now. We even canceled our Alaskian cruise, because it was on a balcony. We can't cruise as much, but we sure enjoy it more.

Or the Mimosas.....:D:):D

Bob

Understand cabin steward will give us the diner menu and we can eat in our cabin if we are not up to company after a long day like Germany is that also correct?

Cruisers in any cabin can dine in their cabin. The suite difference is that they can order room service from the MDR menus when those restaurants are open.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

We paid very little from Mini to Owners Suite so do we get double credit? Understand cabin steward will give us the diner menu and we can eat in our cabin if we are not up to company after a long day like Germany is that also correct?

Yes, you will get double credit. We just sailed on the CB with a paid upgrade from a mini to a Penthouse suite. We ended up paying less for the suite than mini's were going for, and we still got the double credit.

We LOVED the evening MDR room service. Every morning our steward brought the day's menus. Each evening we had meals on the balcony while enjoying the sunsets. We had an aft suite which was totally covered, allowing us to eat meals out of the wind/weather. They brought a table cloth and set up our balcony table with drinks, table service, etc. So nice!! One of the best perks in my opinion. We didn't eat any meals is the dining room during the cruise, but we did enjoy the first night specialty dining in the Crown Grill (the only night we ate outside the suite).

We also enjoyed Sabatini's breakfast 3 days, and the enhanced room service breakfast menu on the other port days. It was so nice to have omelets and full breakfasts delivered prior to going ashore. Room service is also available on disembarkation day for suites, which is also a wonderful perk.

Enjoy your suite! It truly is a different experience from any other cabin onboard. We will find it hard to sail in any other accommodations going forward!

Edited by Paula_MacFan

As for the advice to book the first night complementary specialty reservations ASAP after boarding...what is the best way to do this? Thanks!

Call the D*I*N*E line or stop by the restaurant you want to enjoy. They can help you with the reservation.

To be honest, the last three times, there was a letter or a card in the suite reminding us of the perk. And once, they called us before we could call them!

Yes, you will get double credit. We just sailed on the CB with a paid upgrade from a mini to a Penthouse suite. We ended up paying less for the suite than mini's were going for, and we still got the double credit.

We LOVED the evening MDR room service. Every morning our steward brought the day's menus. Each evening we had meals on the balcony while enjoying the sunsets. We had an aft suite which was totally covered, allowing us to eat meals out of the wind/weather. They brought a table cloth and set up our balcony table with drinks, table service, etc. So nice!! One of the best perks in my opinion. We didn't eat any meals is the dining room during the cruise, but we did enjoy the first night specialty dining in the Crown Grill (the only night we ate outside the suite).

We also enjoyed Sabatini's breakfast 3 days, and the enhanced room service breakfast menu on the other port days. It was so nice to have omelets and full breakfasts delivered prior to going ashore. Room service is also available on disembarkation day for suites, which is also a wonderful perk.

Enjoy your suite! It truly is a different experience from any other cabin onboard. We will find it hard to sail in any other accommodations going forward!

Thank you very much. We are paying the cost of a mid-ship mini for the OS. So very nice, but know unless we get this kind of deal again doubt we would have this chance for a suite again on Princess.

I've not looked at your cruise history (you don't mention which ship you are on) however if your on the Regal, as Tracie mentioned.. This is an excellent Suite. We were in B734 this past December. However we would only book an Owners Suite again if we got a deal like you did, so enjoy the perks. The balcony is absolutely fabulous. If you do have a concierge, use them to make all your dinner reservations and anything else they are willing to handle for you. Easy as pie.

Also eat breakfast in Sabatini's. A must try.

Sabitini's is being taken off of the Ruby and replaced with Choice. We sail on the Ruby in the Owner's Suite on May 7 (one day), and May 8 (Alaska Inside Passage). We were told Breakfast for Suite people will now be in Crown Grill

Sabitini's is being taken off of the Ruby and replaced with Choice [(sic)]. We sail on the Ruby in the Owner's Suite on May 7 (one day), and May 8 (Alaska Inside Passage). We were told Breakfast for Suite people will now be in Crown Grill

I presume you meant to say that SHARE is coming to Ruby Princess. Which is interesting news given that there is no gap in Ruby's schedule between now and May, and the current Princess press on SHARE is that it is currently on Crown and Emerald and opening on Sun in April. Plans to add it to Coral were scrapped and no other ships besides those three are mentioned on any official release.

Edited by fishywood