Bedside fan

KYBOB

Ok this maybe a bit much to ask, so here goes. I have a small electric fan 4" in diameter that sits on my bed side table that I use at night. Has anybody taken a fan on board before?

Thanks

You'd be better off finding one that runs on batteries.

No place to plug it in near your bed. You would have to run an extension cord all the way across the room from the desk.

Don't bother with a battery operated one. The one I found took 8 D batteries making it so heavy it wasn't practical and they only had a 4 day life span. So I took my plug in 4" from BB&B for my 25 days on board a not Princess ship. I had to place it on the arm of the small sofa on my side of the bed. In the morning I unplugged the extension cord so no one would trip on it. I can't sleep without my fan, even if the room is cool. Luckily I sleep on the side away from the bathroom so no one would trip on the cord in the middle of the night. No problems at all. I would have been miserable without it.

So take your fan and don't worry.:)

My wife loves a fan, and we have used the battery fans and 120V fans. A 2D battery camping fan lasts about 5 nights. 120V fan is better but bring a good extension cord and put it away each night when your done. We have never had a problem, but sometimes they don't like extension cords. Believe it or not, if you ask the front desk, they will give you a small fan to borrow as well, but check that out before going. We have done that once.

Ok this maybe a bit much to ask, so here goes. I have a small electric fan 4" in diameter that sits on my bed side table that I use at night. Has anybody taken a fan on board before?

Thanks

I was on the Royal Princess in Jan and a friend of ours had one in his cabin and he takes it with him all the time. It did not use batteries

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

I know the OP is about taking a fain on the cruise. But why not just turn the air conditioning up so it's cooler in your cabin. My wife is always hot and I'm always cold so my the cabin is always freeeeeeeezing. :eek:

Tony

I know the OP is about taking a fain on the cruise. But why not just turn the air conditioning up so it's cooler in your cabin. My wife is always hot and I'm always cold so my the cabin is always freeeeeeeezing. :eek:

Tony

I use one more for the air movement. I have a ceiling fan at home and have to get used to not having one on a cruise.

I always take a fan, sometimes two. I pack the lasko upright tower fan in my carry on as it has to be inspected before I board. Once I made a mistake and packed it in my checked luggage. I had to go to the naughty room and unlock the suitcase right there to verify what it was. Just bring a strip and an extension cord and you will be fine.

We have never had a room ( Balcony ) that was "Freezing" too many people leave their balconies open all the time (not supposed to) and the AC never catches up. The only time it is cool is if high seas or bad weather. Especially on embarkation day.