ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

We had made our DD choice reservations for our July 23rd cruise a month ago. Yesterday we saw the BOGO deal for $30 dining at the specialty restaurants on the first two nights of our sailing and decided to change our reservations. We wanted to change our venues for nights 3-5 because of this and had no problems booking DD choice times for different complementary restaurants on those nights.

We are sort of hedging out bets - we would have been happy with DD and visiting a different restaurant every night. If they take DD away we wouldn't have enjoyed the same venue every night. Now with the BOGO deal we will get two different paid restaurants for nights 1 and 2 and we will see what happens nights 3-5.

Just went to mock book our cruise on June 30 as they are having a BOGO sale to see if I could get our cruise cheaper.

DD is grayed out as a choice and MTD appears as a wait list. Also Classic dining times are 6:00 and 8:00

My booking was originally set for My Time but wanted to switch to a more set schedule (I don't like having to figure out our eating schedule every night). I just got off the phone with my TA who confirmed with RCCL that the Classic dining times at 6:00 and 8:30 are STILL dynamic dining... a set dining time but you are rotating restaurants with different menus. She essentially said that it's exactly like the Disney Cruise dining format. Having cruised Disney, we like this and it keeps us from getting bored sitting in the same dining room every day. We also have the same wait staff who gets to know you throughout the cruise.

My booking was originally set for My Time but wanted to switch to a more set schedule (I don't like having to figure out our eating schedule every night). I just got off the phone with my TA who confirmed with RCCL that the Classic dining times at 6:00 and 8:30 are STILL dynamic dining... a set dining time but you are rotating restaurants with different menus. She essentially said that it's exactly like the Disney Cruise dining format. Having cruised Disney, we like this and it keeps us from getting bored sitting in the same dining room every day. We also have the same wait staff who gets to know you throughout the cruise.

Royal Caribbean is not officially confirming that they are murdering Dynamic Dining.

If I were a gambler, I would put your odds at 8 to 1 that you will NOT have DD in the middle of June.

When we were on NCL Breakaway. There were three dining rooms but basically the same menu in each so not the same as Anthem.v

I agree. Freestyle on NCL is NOT like DD on Quantum class. While there are several included dining rooms each evening, the menus were basically identical.

And IMO, the dining experience on NCL is my least favorite of all lines, with less than stellar service and bland, unappetizing meals. And even if I didn't care for Anthem, RCCL would not be losing my business to the Breakaway.

I agree. Freestyle on NCL is NOT like DD on Quantum class. While there are several included dining rooms each evening, the menus were basically identical.

And IMO, the dining experience on NCL is my least favorite of all lines, with less than stellar service and bland, unappetizing meals. And even if I didn't care for Anthem, RCCL would not be losing my business to the Breakaway.

I had quite the opposite experience on the Getaway. The service was far superior to anything I've experienced on RCI lately and the meals were a nice, delicious change to the RCI standard. I'm hoping my DD experience in May (pending it's not dead) is just as great!

We agree. The Breakaway was a let down. We expected great things from a new ship. We were on the 6th sailing and it never felt special. We enjoyed Anthem and thought the food was pretty good. Never had a problem changing reservations.

Sorry, off topic, but at work, and I cant find a thread! I remember printing out colored luggage tags my last cruise. I just printed mt set sail pass, but dont see tags. Did they change this? June 2, Bermuda & E. Caribbean out of Bayone. Thanks!

What documents? Are they not posted yet? I thought the only docs were the set sail passes!

Downloadable cruise docs and luggage tags are usually ready 7 weeks before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

Sorry, off topic, but at work, and I cant find a thread! I remember printing out colored luggage tags my last cruise. I just printed mt set sail pass, but dont see tags. Did they change this? June 2, Bermuda & E. Caribbean out of Bayone. Thanks!

Log into RC and click on your reservation number. This should bring up your 'Vacation Summary' in Cruise Planner.

Once there on the right, below you reservation number is a link that says 'On line check-in' ...click on that

Then you will see the status of you on line check-in process in 'Steps 1-4'.

Underneath those steps is a link that says 'Print Paper Luggage Tags' you can print the luggage tags before you complete the on-line check in.

Edited by starfish216

Have you joined our roll call for the June 2nd cruise?

I don't have the link yet to print tags. Under documents, it says not issued yet.

Yes, I did join the roll call a long time ago. I booked this cruise last July I think. Now, should I be concerned that my set sail pass doesn't have our middle names like our passports? For some reason, the reservation (by phone to RC) only used our first and last. When I did on line check in, I added middle names, but they didn't print on passes. Do I have to call RC?

I don't have the link yet to print tags. Under documents, it says not issued yet.

Yes, I did join the roll call a long time ago. I booked this cruise last July I think. Now, should I be concerned that my set sail pass doesn't have our middle names like our passports? For some reason, the reservation (by phone to RC) only used our first and last. When I did on line check in, I added middle names, but they didn't print on passes. Do I have to call RC?

When it says "Issued" under Cruise Documents, you can click on that and then click on "Printable Version". Your luggage tags will be at the very end.

No problem with middle name name appearing on SetSail Pass.

Edited by cruisenfever

He really didn't say much about DD just that the name may change to MTD in the coming weeks or months.

I more curious to know with MTD whether or not we will be able to pick what free restaurant we want to eat in every night or would we just be assigned to one of them for the duration of the cruise.

He really didn't say much about DD just that the name may change to MTD in the coming weeks or months.

I more curious to know with MTD whether or not we will be able to pick what free restaurant we want to eat in every night or would we just be assigned to one of them for the duration of the cruise.

From what Patti posted, the menus will all be the same, so it won't matter what restaurant you use.

Yep, that's exactly what I want to know too!

From what Patti posted, the menus will all be the same, so it won't matter what restaurant you use.

Won't be happy if the menus are all the same since they really bragged about the food and restaurant choices when this class was built. Also, definitely wouldn't want to be assigned to Silk for 12 nights!!!