RCI Incompetence

Really? There is a time when it is too late for them to screw things up? :confused: :eek:

So if that is true, then maybe unicorns DO exist!

Actually, I have been fortunate enough that nothing of ours has been screwed up - yet. :cool:

It only happened once, but that's all it took. :D

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. :D :D

Perhaps something is wrong and I don't know it :confused: I linked my B2B booking's when I made them (directly with RCI just as I always do) and have made final payment for both when the first one was due (directly with the D+ desk) and am getting ready to go in early May and nothing has come up at all...everything is fine...should I expect something..my booking's are easy straight forward same cabin and no add on's and no changes have or will be made... :confused:;)

The key to a B2B isn't telling them in advance - it is filling out the cruise personalizer information. One of the pages indicates your plans for departure day (flying, car, ...) and a choice is Continuing Passenger. Select this on the first cruise and when you fill out a lot of information on the second it will already be there.

You should get information on the procedures delivered about two days before the end of the first cruise. If they give you luggage tags you know they haven't figured out you are staying on. Go to Passenger Services if this happens. They normally pass out an information sheet and may have a meeting to outline procedures.

THIS

I have never heard of linking BBs until I read this.

And I have done 8 of them.

I always book on board, so it might have been done for me, without me knowing.

Never had any problems.

Sorry that you are.

Hi Steve & Veronica.

Perhaps something is wrong and I don't know it :confused: I linked my B2B booking's when I made them (directly with RCI just as I always do) and have made final payment for both when the first one was due (directly with the D+ desk) and am getting ready to go in early May and nothing has come up at all...everything is fine...should I expect something..my booking's are easy straight forward same cabin and no add on's and no changes have or will be made... :confused:;)

They *usually* get it right. But there can be bumps............

It's happened to me also. Call and have them unlink your cruises. Once they do the payment tab will return and you can make payments online. After final payment (or during online checkin) link your cruises to insure you receive the Consecutive Cruiser information onboard.

There is value in not actually talking to annoying humans, that's why.

Whoa! Newsflash! All humans are not annoying. With that attitude its no wonder you don't want to talk to anybody. YIKES! :rolleyes:

Whoa! Newsflash! All humans are not annoying. With that attitude its no wonder you don't want to talk to anybody. YIKES! :rolleyes:

I think he/she was making more of a reference to the call centers where the info that you get is often times wrong if, that is, you can understand the person you are talking to in the first place.