Thanks Princess

woohooTOO

We booked a last minute cruise on Monday, faxed the Shareholder Benefit form to Princess on Tuesday. The credit was not on my Cruise Personalizer this morning so I called Princess. Though they had not received my fax, they were able to add the Shareholder Benefit to my cruise with minimal fuss and bother. Thanks Princess representative. You know who you are.

Lucky you! I faxed both my sister's and my shareholder requests (we're in separate cabins) in the same fax. They received and applied my sister's but not mine. Physical impossibility. I made a copy and mailed it and it was finally applied weeks later. You used to be able to email the request. Wish Princess would get out of the 1990's for this and allow you to upload or email a pdf file.

We booked a last minute cruise on Monday, faxed the Shareholder Benefit form to Princess on Tuesday. The credit was not on my Cruise Personalizer this morning so I called Princess. Though they had not received my fax, they were able to add the Shareholder Benefit to my cruise with minimal fuss and bother. Thanks Princess representative. You know who you are.

Good to know.

Lucky you! I faxed both my sister's and my shareholder requests (we're in separate cabins) in the same fax. They received and applied my sister's but not mine. Physical impossibility. I made a copy and mailed it and it was finally applied weeks later. You used to be able to email the request. Wish Princess would get out of the 1990's for this and allow you to upload or email a pdf file.

I never have this problem. I simply attach it to an email to my Princess Personal Cruise Planner and she sends it straight over. My shareholders request is often processed within the hour or at least by the end of the day. One of the advantages of using the Princess Cruise Planners.

OP, thanks for posting and so happy they were able to work it out for you. Have a wonderful cruise!!:)

I sent a Shareholder request via fax just last week and the credit appeared in my Cruise Personalizer within 24 hrs....hooray!

Btw, I love that Princess, unlike other cruise lines, allows me to "stack" onboard credit. My Shareholder Benefit combined with FCC, Twice as Nice, etc... comes to a grand total of $1250 onboard credit for my upcoming Princess transatlantic. So excited!!!:D

Edited by cadburysmom

I never have this problem. I simply attach it to an email to my Princess Personal Cruise Planner and she sends it straight over. My shareholders request is often processed within the hour or at least by the end of the day. One of the advantages of using the Princess Cruise Planners.
That's good to know. I will contact my Princess Cruise Planner to see if he can do this for me, too.

I never have this problem. I simply attach it to an email to my Princess Personal Cruise Planner and she sends it straight over.
I would never book directly as I prefer to save 10-20% most of the time. I could send it to my TA but she has enough to do. Besides, the error was Princess's, not mine. My fax was sent and received. Edited by Pam in CA

I always just fax it in, wait an hour, then call to verify they have received it. They apply it right away at that time. It's pretty simple.

The numbers I use are:

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

By using that specific extension number I get connected to the people who handle the faxed OBC requests. Sometimes they ask what phone number I faxed from. I have always faxed it from work so I give them the number of the fax machine here at work.

I'll be doing that again TODAY!!! :)

Next time though I'll have to either use an Internet fax service or some other fax because, after going "on vacation" for my cruise in June, I won't be coming back to work - ever. :D:D:D:D:D

My post directly above this one shows it was posted at 11:27 AM. After posting that I went to Scottrade and did a "snip" using the Windows 7 snipping tool. The snip shows my name and the CCL stock I hold. (Scottrade only offers quarterly statements so I don't have one new enough for the OBC requirements.)

I put the snip into a Word document, added my name and voyage info, and printed it out. Just because I have one, I filled out the "real" Shareholder OBC request form as well. I faxed both of them to Princess just before Noon.

I just now checked at 12:50 PM and the OBC shows on my account. It took less than an hour for it to be posted. :D

Edited by Thrak

I was given OBC even when I sent in the documents 5 days before the cruise. This week I sent it in for a September cruise and received an email telling me to resubmit it 90 days before the cruise. I guess it doesn't pay to be too early!

I was given OBC even when I sent in the documents 5 days before the cruise. This week I sent it in for a September cruise and received an email telling me to resubmit it 90 days before the cruise. I guess it doesn't pay to be too early!

Yep. That's why I sent mine in on March 25th because that is exactly 90 days before sail date. They don't want to give you OBC for stock you may no longer own.

I agree Pam. A lot of us have dropped landlines in favor of full time cell use and sending a fax through the internet is not practical or cost effective for the few times we would use it. USPS has been our practice for couple of years now and it does work fine if you have a couple of weeks before the voyage, but if you have a last minute opportunity the snail mail won't cut it.

I would like to hear the rationale governing why Princess won't set up a dedicated email address for PDF submitting of the SB form. It would provide a receipt of delivery and quicker response to submitting the benefit.

If nothing changes we still have the ability to send in the form right after final payment and with a stock ownership statement that is less than 3 months old so there is plenty of time to get the material in and applied. I guess the only thing we should really only worry about now is how long that benefit will be ours to enjoy.

I don't trust Princess so I would do separate faxes for each person. However, I totally agree with you about Princess being stuck in the past. Almost everything can be done via email today and for Princess to stick with "faxing" seems insane.

The fax machine was a wonderful and innovative invention - many years ago. It is terribly dated technology now. While there is still some use for faxing, restricting the OBC request to either snail mail or fax is really hard to understand. The foundation for sending a "fax" dates back to 1843 when Scottish inventor Alexander Bain received a patent for his "Electric Printing Telegraph" but faxing really got good and usable and became almost ubiquitous in the 1970's. This is 2016. Sheesh...:rolleyes:

I don't trust Princess so I would do separate faxes for each person.
That makes sense but I've switched to all digital at home and my fax machine won't connect to my digital home phone. I'm using iFax but it costs me every time I send a fax. Not a lot of money but I shouldn't have to. My cover letter said I was sending two stockholder requests with names and Captain's Circle #'s so there's no excuse not to review the entire fax and process both. Pure laziness or poor procedures.

That makes sense but I've switched to all digital at home and my fax machine won't connect to my digital home phone. I'm using iFax but it costs me every time I send a fax. Not a lot of money but I shouldn't have to. My cover letter said I was sending two stockholder requests with names and Captain's Circle #'s so there's no excuse not to review the entire fax and process both. Pure laziness or poor procedures.

Poop. I will have to look into faxing options after this next cruise. I always send them from work (:eek:) but I'm going "on vacation" soon and not coming back. I plan to walk out the door at 4:00 PM on June 17 to start my "vacation" but I'm actually going to run my vacation out and August 18 will be my retirement day. :D:D:D:D

My boss is in Sacramento and I'm in Chico. He already knows I'm leaving for good but I'm not planning to tell the people here in the office where I'm stationed until the last day. I do NOT want the retirement party, the gifts, etc.

My wife wanted to keep a "home phone" as her family uses that number and it's good for filtering out politicians, sales people, etc. as well as taking messages from doctors. However, it is over the Internet through Vonage so I'll have to find a way to fax but the trade off of being retired should be well worth the hassle. :)

Poop. I will have to look into faxing options after this next cruise. I always send them from work (:eek:) but I'm going "on vacation" soon and not coming back. I plan to walk out the door at 4:00 PM on June 17 to start my "vacation" but I'm actually going to run my vacation out and August 18 will be my retirement day.

Well...

Your New Job is checking out new ships and new destinations so as to advise us.

Congratulations on the Job Change!

Agree 100% Pam, They use a software server based product - I assume RightFax since it's the biggest - there is no paper. The folks handling the Shareholder OBC work from home and access the faxes on the server usually via a web browser. May just be that they looked at pages 1 and 2 then on to the next item in queue.

I agree Pam. A lot of us have dropped landlines in favor of full time cell use and sending a fax through the internet is not practical or cost effective for the few times we would use it.

Very practical and very cost effective ($0 cost) if you don't use it often.

Try a free service such as http://www.email2fax.com/SendFreeFax.php

Edited by caribill

I'm using iFax but it costs me every time I send a fax. Not a lot of money but I shouldn't have to.

Poop. I will have to look into faxing options after this next cruise. I always send them from work (:eek:) but I'm going "on vacation" soon and not coming back.

I'll have to find a way to fax but the trade off of being retired should be well worth the hassle. :)

Try a free service such as http://www.email2fax.com/SendFreeFax.php