which ships have the roast beef sandwiches

The beef on weck on The Allure in Feb was my one and only disappointment for that entire cruise. We had been SOOOO looking forward to those sandwiches - so much so that we made the Park Café our first stop once we got onboard. To our horror (intentional drama added), what they were using for the normally yummy au jus was some horrid brown gravy. It completely ruined the whole sandwich. I was hoping that this major faux pas was a random incident and that I would find the old au jus on my next visit....but, alas. That nasty-as* gravy was there every time. I quit trying after a few visits. What a huge disappointment.

Come to your senses ! Bring back the au jus !

The beef on weck on The Allure in Feb was my one and only disappointment for that entire cruise. We had been SOOOO looking forward to those sandwiches - so much so that we made the Park Café our first stop once we got onboard. To our horror (intentional drama added), what they were using for the normally yummy au jus was some horrid brown gravy. It completely ruined the whole sandwich. I was hoping that this major faux pas was a random incident and that I would find the old au jus on my next visit....but, alas. That nasty-as* gravy was there every time. I quit trying after a few visits. What a huge disappointment.

Come to your senses ! Bring back the au jus !

Are you referring to a thick brown gravy they wanted to paste on top of the meat? If so, they had the same stuff on Vision.

Deck 8 and it looks to be mid-ship.

Exactly right, I just checked the deck plans planning my route. While the secrets been out as the place to be on boarding day, I will be Diamond this time so I think I can get there before it gets too crowded.

If you are diamond and go to a

Extra cost restaurant like Mexican can you get a drink there free with your seapass card?

Yes, as long as it is during the voucher valid period and the drink is one that is covered by the vouchers.

Is that a time frame? My parents are diamond. This will be our third

RC cruise (2 Celebrity cruises too)

Yes, the "normal" happy hour is 5pm to 8:30pm. When early dinner is 5:30pm, happy hour is 4:30pm to 8pm.

Ok nice! I feel like they are on a cruise every few months so wondering if they are beyond Diamond or close.

If someone has been on 12 7-day cruises on Royal, they would probably be Diamond level.

They got diamond as they only cruise on celebrity and Royal so at some level they combine your points or something.

Makes sense, if they are Elite or higher on Celebrity, they would be Diamond on Royal.

:) I like seeing the perks they get

If they have a stateroom with a balcony, tell them not to forget to ask for the balcony discount. This is something that Celebrity does not have, so they may be unaware.

I have to be honest... I was so excited to try this when I was on the Radiance last summer. Based on all the gushing about these things on here I was expecting greatness.

Uh, it was NOT all that. I took a couple of bites and gave up on this mythical deliciousness as it was just a regular roast beef sandwich. Talk about being underwhelmed. Off to the buffet with me after that.

Not planning to seek it out on the Brilliance this summer. I get that some (most?) people love it. Count me in the minority that doesn't get the hype.

Which ships in the Adventure and Voyager classes has the roast beef sandwiches?

We were on Explorer March 6th-17th and noticed they had set up a small area with a hotbox on the Promenade. We didn't check it out til the last day and it was the beef on weck. So disappointed we didn't realise it was available earlier, it was one of our favourites on Radiance.

10245398_10153978149257432_4682995723915059595_n.jpg.864be17322db09746c422ccea8b454fa.jpg

We were on Explorer March 6th-17th and noticed they had set up a small area with a hotbox on the Promenade. We didn't check it out til the last day and it was the beef on weck. So disappointed we didn't realise it was available earlier, it was one of our favourites on Radiance.

Glad to hear they are still doing this on Explorer. Wish it would spread to the other Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Edited by clarea

We were on Voyager a few weeks ago and the roast beef on weck was available every day in Cafe Promenade, from midday onwards. Horseradish and gravy available - I noted the earlier comments which were negative about the brown gravy, but that is what's popular in Australia.

• 3 weeks later...