which ships have the roast beef sandwiches

Which ships in the Adventure and Voyager classes has the roast beef sandwiches?

Assuming you mean the Kummelweck sandwiches, none of those ships have a Park Cafe, which is the usual venue for that sandwich. I saw the sandwich on Explorer once, for about an hour on the Royal Promenade, one day out of a 5-day cruise. In other words, I don't think you can depend on the sandwich being offered on Voyager class ships.

Food and Beverage manager Werner brought these great roast beef sandwiches to Monarch after their great success on Oasis. He served them on rye rolls with gravy and horse radish. These sandwiches have a history, both with Werner and the Chef on Oasis. They are both from the same general areas in Europe.

Ummm, what good memories.

R&D

Edited by Pumbaamd

What about Freedom class?

Same as Voyager Class, no Park Cafe.

Radiance, Vision, and Oasis classes have Park Cafe. I thought I read that Cafe 270 on Quantum class also serves the roast beef sandwiches.

Food and Beverage manager Werner started all these great roast beef sandwiches on Monarch, about two years before she left the fleet. He served them on rye rolls with gravy and horse radish. All others in the fleet are imposters.

Ummm, what good memories.

R&D

Didn't know that Rick. Werner is one of the best. Had the pleasure of running into him on Navigator a while back.

Interesting that Monarch was also the test bed for Jade, the predecessor to Izumi.

Bob,

Had to edit my post after my almost 70 year old brain came up with another option.

Werner's friend on Oasis started these sandwiches, and Werner got the idea from him. Sorry for the confusion. Actually, the Monarch's sandwiches with Werner's touch, were the best !

To add a bit here, we met Werner at the roast beef sandwich place on Monarch at sailaway. We had a great conversation and he invited us to a private tour of the galley. Just he, Deirdra and I and we had a really wonderful private galley tour. Hope to sail with him again.

R&D

Edited by Pumbaamd

Didn't know that Rick. Werner is one of the best. Had the pleasure of running into him on Navigator a while back.

Interesting that Monarch was also the test bed for Jade, the predecessor to Izumi.

And the Compass Deli was the test for the now widely known Park Cafes, which are almost everywhere!

Bob,

Had to edit my post after my almost 70 year old brain came up with another option.

Werner's friend on Oasis started these sandwiches, and Werner got the idea from him. Sorry for the confusion. Actually, the Monarch's sandwiches with Werner's touch, were the best anyway!

R&D

And the Compass Deli was the test for the now widely known Park Cafes, which are almost everywhere!

Thanks Rick!:)

That roast beef sandwich sounds wonderful. I hope Rhapsody and Jewel have them on my October & November cruises in Europe and the Jewel TA!

No reason to think Rhapsody won't have the sandwiches, she already has a Park Cafe. Not sure about Jewel, Royal has removed any reference to Park Cafe on Jewel.

No reason to think Rhapsody won't have the sandwiches, she already has a Park Cafe. Not sure about Jewel, Royal has removed any reference to Park Cafe on Jewel.

On our first cruise we didn't use the Park Café much (silly us). I too, am hoping for a Park Café on the Jewel for our September sailing.

Bob,

Werner's friend on Oasis started these sandwiches, and Werner got the idea from him. Sorry for the confusion. Actually, the Monarch's sandwiches with Werner's touch, were the best !

To add a bit here, we met Werner at the roast beef sandwich place on Monarch at sailaway. We had a great conversation and he invited us to a private tour of the galley. Just he, Deirdra and I and we had a really wonderful private galley tour. Hope to sail with him again.

R&D

Hi Rick

Werner Zurcher has been taking care of us for many years. And you do have your facts correct, it was Werners friend that came up with the idea for these, now famous, roast beef sandwiches.

I can't remember that ship that we were on, but Werner sent 4 of these to our cabin one day, and they were better than what we had tasted on the Allure of the Seas, at their Park Cafe.

Werner is a wonderful man, dedicated to his job at Royal Caribbean, and one of the best F&B's around.

Rick

Hi Rick

Werner Zurcher has been taking care of us for many years. And you do have your facts correct, it was Werners friend that came up with the idea for these, now famous, roast beef sandwiches.

I can't remember that ship that we were on, but Werner sent 4 of these to our cabin one day, and they were better than what we had tasted on the Allure of the Seas, at their Park Cafe.

Werner is a wonderful man, dedicated to his job at Royal Caribbean, and one of the best F&B's around. Rick

Amen to your testimony of Werner.

Rick and Deirdra

Hi Rick

Werner is a wonderful man, dedicated to his job at Royal Caribbean, and one of the best F&B's around.

Rick

+1 kudos to Werner.:)

He was the F&B on the last two cruises of Monarch as a Royal ship, and he was incredible.