Tracking Expenses On Board

Last summer we took a greek isles cruise on the Splendor of the Seas. We were not able to track our daily spending on board in our stateroom. We had to go to the Purser desk. in the past we could track using the TV. We are going on the Jewel of the Seas soon. Does anyone know if we can track expenses in our stateroom? Thanks, John

Last summer we took a greek isles cruise on the Splendor of the Seas. We were not able to track our daily spending on board in our stateroom. We had to go to the Purser desk. in the past we could track using the TV. We are going on the Jewel of the Seas soon. Does anyone know if we can track expenses in our stateroom? Thanks, John

If the TV does not work, you can go to Guest Services and get a printout of your account whenever you want.

We've never "tracked" our daily spending...we sort of know what we're buying!

You sort of don't know when something is charged to your account in error if you don't track spending.

To the OP, Jewel does have the ability to check your accounts on your tv. We have done it in the past.

I check the TV account most mornings to see what the DW and kids have spent the previous day. Often I'm sure I've found errors. Upon further review, the bill is usually correct. I've caught a couple of small errors; sometimes they are corrected even before I get to guest services. Most of my issues (not errors) have been a charge on one day and a credit from a promotion or discount on a subsequent day. Fortunately for me the bill has always been correct by the end of the cruise and I've never had a dispute after check out. Other posters might have 'horror stories' but hopefully they are in the tiny minority.

Not on Vision class (Rhapsody) or Majesty.

Any idea why?

Seems like it should be relatively easy to implement on any ship, would save on trips to GS (..crew available to deal w/ other issues..) and save trees (print outs).

We've never "tracked" our daily spending...we sort of know what we're buying!

A.) Some people actually have limited budgets and want to make sure they're staying within them.

B.) After a couple of cocktails, it's easy to buy a few rounds. :rolleyes: Checking the TV makes sure you're not blindsided at the end of the cruise. :eek::eek::eek:

Any idea why?

Seems like it should be relatively easy to implement on any ship, would save on trips to GS (..crew available to deal w/ other issues..) and save trees (print outs).

I talked with an IT manager onboard, and he said the interactive TV system is not trivial, is old technology, and it not likely to be retrofitted to older ships.

Now, this was several years ago, and at that time, they had plans to put iPads in staterooms to satisfy the interactive function. In fact, they did implement iPads on certain ships in certain stateroom categories. I remember having one on Enchantment and Rhapsody. That was 2-3 years ago, and I've not seen the iPads since.

So it could be that the iPads had some problems too, and maybe we will see interactive TV implemented.

Ugh, ok but good to know, thanks! I have a bit of OBC and wanted to monitor it. Guess I'll be hoarding receipts :)

Better to go to Guest Services every day or so and get a printout, otherwise you might miss an erroneous charge.

I talked with an IT manager onboard, and he said the interactive TV system is not trivial, is old technology, and it not likely to be retrofitted to older ships.

Now, this was several years ago, and at that time, they had plans to put iPads in staterooms to satisfy the interactive function. In fact, they did implement iPads on certain ships in certain stateroom categories. I remember having one on Enchantment and Rhapsody. That was 2-3 years ago, and I've not seen the iPads since.

So it could be that the iPads had some problems too, and maybe we will see interactive TV implemented.

Very interesting. Surprised by the 'old technology' comment since it is being used on the new builds. Unless it is not called 'interactive TV' anymore.

Oh well.. guess I will go to GS mid week next month!

Thanks for the info!

Very interesting. Surprised by the 'old technology' comment since it is being used on the new builds. Unless it is not called 'interactive TV' anymore.

Oh well.. guess I will go to GS mid week next month!

Thanks for the info!

You're welcome.

Just to clarify, when I had that conversation with the IT manager, we were talking about the interactive TV system on Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class ships. There was no Quantum class at the time, and Oasis class had only been out 2-3 years.