WOW! Coffee on Princess is Confusing.

WYTinman

We're on the Regal.

So... I'm getting mixed signals here...

if what you say above is correct,sknight - I think that's all we're looking for: brewed from grounds (beans???) And FREE!

Can others confirm this is correct?

Yes...the Regal & Royal have coffee machines in the buffet area that provides free filtered coffee made from ground coffee. I've read posts that other passengers feel like me & that it's an improvement & my tastebuds say it's not as strong as the IC's brewed coffee.

I'd suggest trying the buffet's free coffee & if not to your liking you could purchase a coffee card...taste is very subjective but have never had any "swill" during my cruises. ;)

The Regal & Royal have a coffee bar in the buffet's pastry shop & also at the Princess Live bar. Neither had brewed coffee on our cruises but you could get specialty coffee drinks.

I'm not a self proclaimed coffee taste expert but I do enjoy 100% Kona at home in my grind & brew coffeemaker. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

We're on the Regal.

if what you say above is correct,sknight - I think that's all we're looking for: brewed from grounds (beans???) And FREE!

Yes, On the Regal (and Royal), the coffee is brewed from beans and is free. I personally think it is just fine.

We get coffee cards also, but use them for the gelato and for the latte-type coffee drinks on the Regal. On the Regal and Royal you can get gelato (and wonderful sundaes) in the Gelato area for a punch on the coffee card. Enjoy!

On the Regal and Royal you can get gelato (and wonderful sundaes) in the Gelato area for a punch on the coffee card. Enjoy!

And now that the price has increased to $3.50 it's an even better deal to use a coffee card punch at Gelato's on the Regal & Royal. :)

My husband can hardly wait to have a banana split at Gelato's. We board the Regal TOMORROW!!! I am almost done packing! :)

Buon Viaggio & hope you'll enjoy the Regal as much as we've enjoyed our 6 weeks on the Royal & Regal. :D

I bought a Black & Decker 'Brew 'N Go' coffee maker just for cruising. It uses ground coffee, has a washable plastic filter and brews the coffee directly onto a large (15 oz), aluminum & plastic 'travel mug' (there's no heating plate); and, it shuts off automatically when finished.

It's lightweight, compact, safe... and there's no glass carafe to break.

Edited by Bill B

I know the main focus of this thread is brewed coffee but felt I should add a couple of comments for the newbies. Besides getting you fresh brewed coffee the card also buys you 15 speciality drinks as well as gelato, etc on the newer ships That is an incredible bargain at $2.00 a drink. Better yet while the card for brewed coffee is cruise specific, the 15 punches currently do not outdate. You can carry them forward to your future Princess cruises. My DW loves the fact that you also can get a much broader variety of teas in the bag at the I-cafe than you get elsewhere on the ship. After a few days she has trained the baristas and gets an extra bag or 2 to take with her to the dining room thus only needing hot water.

If you come to the end of the cruise and have some extra punches and don't see yourself cruising again on Princess, be a big sport and when someone in line with you is about to buy a coffee drink hand the barista your coffee card and treat them. You really get big smiles that way.

Hi all, even more confused about the coffee!! I plan to buy a coffee card on my Emerald trip in April .I understand the speciality coffee's....but if I want tea or regular coffee do you have to give your card over to be punched--stamped ? Don't know how it works.

Hi all, even more confused about the coffee!! I plan to buy a coffee card on my Emerald trip in April .I understand the speciality coffee's....but if I want tea or regular coffee do you have to give your card over to be punched--stamped ? Don't know how it works.

At the International Cafe you simply show your coffee card for free brewed coffee during the cruise where the coffee card is purchased.

Coffee from the buffet & dining room is made from coffee concentrate (from ground coffee on Regal & Royal) and is always free.

Edited by Astro Flyer

At the International Cafe you simply show your coffee card for free brewed coffee during the cruise where the coffee card is purchased.

Coffee from the buffet & dining room is made from coffee concentrate (from ground coffee on Regal & Royal) and is always free.

Sorted!! thanks for clearing up.

Princess does not have coffee makers in the cabins,but NCL does.

Princess has laundry rooms on each deck on each of their ships,NCL does not offer laundry rooms on any of their ships.

How does this relate to the OP 's question?

Simply put,people have particular preferences and cruise lines offer different things to the different passengers..

Personally, I prefer not having wrinkled clothes on a cruise. The use of irons/ironing boards are a plus for me regarding Princess.

I am not that concerned that coffee makers are not provided in Princess cabins.

I purchase a coffee card and get as much fresh brewed coffee that I want. If I was not offered a coffee card, I could deal with the coffee served in the buffet or MDR. I do not want to deal with wrinkled clothes. We all have our priorities.

If someone prefers brewed or specialty coffee, they can purchase a coffee card.

If someone is booked into a suite, the good waitstaff at Sabatini 's will take care of coffee requests at breakfast for those passengers.

Simple,really.

On our Vista Suite cruise, we felt somehow our insulated mugs were trying to Exterminate us...

a3fe7468f783600a29806025244aeadb.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That, my friend, gave me the best laugh I've had in days.

Thank You!

Mark

Princess does not have coffee makers in the cabins,but NCL does.

Princess has laundry rooms on each deck on each of their ships,NCL does not offer laundry rooms on any of their ships.

How does this relate to the OP 's question?

Simply put,people have particular preferences and cruise lines offer different things to the different passengers..

Personally, I prefer not having wrinkled clothes on a cruise. The use of irons/ironing boards are a plus for me regarding Princess.

I am not that concerned that coffee makers are not provided in Princess cabins.

I purchase a coffee card and get as much fresh brewed coffee that I want. If I was not offered a coffee card, I could deal with the coffee served in the buffet or MDR. I do not want to deal with wrinkled clothes. We all have our priorities.

If someone prefers brewed or specialty coffee, they can purchase a coffee card.

If someone is booked into a suite, the good waitstaff at Sabatini 's will take care of coffee requests at breakfast for those passengers.

Simple,really.

As the OP I would like to thank you for your input.

But now I'm even more confused.

I'm not able to make coffee in my cabin and I have to do my own laundry?

I have to do that at home.

Cruising for me is a Holiday. Maybe I should rethink changing Cruise Lines.

This post is in jest. But as a new to Princess Cruiser, I could have easily misinterpreted the meaning.

Mark

As the OP I would like to thank you for your input.

But now I'm even more confused.

I'm not able to make coffee in my cabin and I have to do my own laundry?

I have to do that at home.

Cruising for me is a Holiday. Maybe I should rethink changing Cruise Lines.

This post is in jest. But as a new to Princess Cruiser, I could have easily misinterpreted the meaning.

Mark

Buy a coffee card. Get 15 special coffees and unlimited brewed coffee for the whole cruise. My wife and I share one every cruise. It's not complicated. We usually use the punches on the card for cappuccino at dinner and get brewed coffee in the international cafe whenever.

If you are in a Vista suite, you get complimentary laundry service, a wonderful suite benefit. So you won't have to do your own laundry. I asked for soy milk for my coffee the first morning in Sabatini's and they had to fetch it from the main galley, but they had it waiting every morning after (on the Caribbean Princess).

Thanks deisel - it's not ME I'm worried about (all the same to me). Da wife however does enjoy her cuppa java in the morning. She's fine with the starbucks or mcdonalds or Timmies (we're in canada,eh?) swill that she drinks at home. So do you think she'll be OK with the princess swill? :)

Princess swill is fine at 5.00am,any other time its putrid,their barista coffee is excellent.

We bring our own Cappuccino. It's called D'Vita. We bring the sugar-free. I dump cans of it in plastic baggies. On 14+ day cruises I bring 3 cans. We're not coffee snobs so the coffee from Lido or room service is fine with us. Beats paying $3.50 a cup of chocolate flavored coffee.:D

P.S. When we order room service for coffee, we get coffee cups from the buffet as they are bigger than the cups they bring from room service. We also have extra spoons as sometimes room service forgets to put a spoon on the tray.

Edited by elliair

We're on the Regal.

Royal and Regal coffee is made from beans. You can see the bean hoppers on top of the coffee makers.

• 2 weeks later...