Monsters of Rock on Brilliance

Wilson

It appears that the Monsters of Rock Cruise (MORC) will be on Brilliance embarking on Feb 2, 2017. The MORC has chartered the ship from Feb 2-7 with stops in Coz and GC. When I go to a major online agency that has the "Best Price" they offer cabins for 75% less than MORC but sailing dates are Feb 2-6 with only one stop in Coz.

I checked the Royal website and they are no longer offering this sailing. I have checked a couple other websites and they don't have the Feb 2 sailing listed either.

Is it possible this TA did not get the message it was chartered? If that is the case, how are they able to access available cabins and how was I able to book them? Last night I received a booking confirmation, reservation number and it's in "My Cruises".

I assume I will get a call or email on Monday from the TA cancelling.

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

It appears that the Monsters of Rock Cruise (MORC) will be on Brilliance embarking on Feb 2, 2017. The MORC has chartered the ship from Feb 2-7 with stops in Coz and GC. When I go to a major online agency that has the "Best Price" they offer cabins for 75% less than MORC but sailing dates are Feb 2-6 with only one stop in Coz.

I checked the Royal website and they are no longer offering this sailing. I have checked a couple other websites and they don't have the Feb 2 sailing listed either.

Is it possible this TA did not get the message it was chartered? If that is the case, how are they able to access available cabins and how was I able to book them? Last night I received a booking confirmation, reservation number and it's in "My Cruises".

Sounds like a full ship charter that occurred some time after it was available for public booking.

Whatever you do, don't cancel or change until you or the TA has heard from Royal officially, otherwise you won't be eligible for any consideration in rebooking. It might be days or weeks before something official comes out.

As Bob said above, it could be weeks.

When our Oasis cruise was chartered it was around 2 weeks before we were notified and received an offer with some compensation.

Typically, when there is a large music group, the "group" pays more than the standard fee, but that included access to the bands! The general public on that cruise will NOT be able to go to the shows and group specific activities. The extra price the group pays is for paying the BANDS (their accommodations, etc...)!!!

Not all "theme" cruises are "full charters"....

If you are booked on this cruise and really don't care about the music, then your cruise will go as planned...you will do you own thing, just like on any cruise. If you are wanting to be a part of the group, you will have to book through the group agent and pay the price!

Edited by cb at sea

• 2 weeks later...

It's a full charter. I'm sure the TA will have to cancel soon. Just get in touch with MORC if you want to go on MORC. It's a blast. I went last three years. Cruise to the Edge is right behind it. Again, it's a blast. Full charter though.

This happened to us a few months ago with our Brilliance sailing from Tampa for Jan. 14, 2017. RC called and e-mailed after the sailing disappeared from the website. WE needed up rebooking a Freedom of the Seas cruise because the TWO options they gave us for price protection did not go to the same places. We really wanted to go to Key West. Another time....

So we took the $100 obi "inconvenience" offer.

Does this happen a lot with Brilliance sailings from Tampa, because it seems I see it mentioned often. Makes me nervous to try to book again...

Just so you know, I got in trouble with CC for posting a MORC link in the past. It was for posting a non CC cruise. Maybe you can contact a moderator to see if they will remove your post so you don't take a hit. Just saying.

Big_G is a pretty nice guy around here. I doubt he has very many hits if any at all. One wont hurt :eek::D:p

I would love to go on one of these cruises!

Just so you know, I got in trouble with CC for posting a MORC link in the past. It was for posting a non CC cruise. Maybe you can contact a moderator to see if they will remove your post so you don't take a hit. Just saying.

I was curious about that but not enough to worry about it. If it goes it goes. Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Does this happen a lot with Brilliance sailings from Tampa, because it seems I see it mentioned often. Makes me nervous to try to book again...

It does seem like there are more charters on the shorter sailings, and on the smaller ships. It happened to us this past February on Brilliance.

Unfortunately, the sailings the offered us also did not have the same itinerary as our original booking either. it took several phone calls to the resolutions/rebooking desk until we finally got a comparable sailing, and while it wasn't 100% price protected, it was awfully close.

This was the first time we had ever had our sailing chartered, but thanks to the information I received from others on the boards, I knew not to cancel our sailing and waited to be contacted. As others have said, it can take weeks.

RCI really needs to rethink their policy on rebookings when they charter a ship, to include any sailing (or at least more than two or three) on the same vessel. The dates they offered us were simply not doable, and we had to compromise a bit in the end.....

Typically, when there is a large music group, the "group" pays more than the standard fee, but that included access to the bands! The general public on that cruise will NOT be able to go to the shows and group specific activities. The extra price the group pays is for paying the BANDS (their accommodations, etc...)!!!

Not all "theme" cruises are "full charters"....

If you are booked on this cruise and really don't care about the music, then your cruise will go as planned...you will do you own thing, just like on any cruise. If you are wanting to be a part of the group, you will have to book through the group agent and pay the price!

So far my cruising - past and planned - has been for chartered music cruises. But I have say while I really enjoyed them so far, I can't really imagine being on board one if I wasn't interested in the music. It would just not be a great environment for a more relaxed cruise, I think. I did read accounts of the first Cruise to the Edge, where only half the ship was for the charter, and it sounded insane to me that people who weren't there for the charter were put through that. I'd have been livid, although I think some of the accounts were a bit exaggerated in some ways.

One thing I'm interested in though - if someone WAS on one of the music cruises, but not part of the charter, there are some performances that they'd be able to see anyway. The outdoor ones on the main deck, the ones on that central lounge/bar area that's pretty open, and probably the shows in the other lounges - you could just be there for the bar, they weren't manning the doors or anything on Cruise to the Edge, though maybe they do if it's not a full charter? The shows in the main theater would of course be impossible to get into as it's assigned seating.

So far my cruising - past and planned - has been for chartered music cruises. But I have say while I really enjoyed them so far, I can't really imagine being on board one if I wasn't interested in the music. It would just not be a great environment for a more relaxed cruise, I think. I did read accounts of the first Cruise to the Edge, where only half the ship was for the charter, and it sounded insane to me that people who weren't there for the charter were put through that. I'd have been livid, although I think some of the accounts were a bit exaggerated in some ways.

It looks like the Brilliance is chartered again for Cruise to the Edge 2017 out of Tampa for 2/7-2/11. Not sure if it's a full charter this year, and I don't think I've seen the info posted on many sites yet?

Just happened to hear about it recently through some prog music sites

It looks like the Brilliance is chartered again for Cruise to the Edge 2017 out of Tampa for 2/7-2/11. Not sure if it's a full charter this year, and I don't think I've seen the info posted on many sites yet?

Just happened to hear about it recently through some prog music sites

I'm booked on it, actually. Right now booking is open to people who've been on previous CTTE's, and soon it will be open to all.

I gather we're not supposed to post links like this, but if you Google Cruise to the Edge you'll find their web site. I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming it's a full charter as it's on a somewhat smaller ship this year, I think.

I just confirmed that both sailings are full charters. Those who booked through anyone other than the promoter will be notified by their agent with options to rebook a different date or shipboard credit on a future sailing.