C&A Drink Menu

On the Serenade of the Seas this cruise, the Drink Menu for C&A excludes bottled water. Is this a new fleetwide or ship specific change? Anyone with recent experience know?

If you are asking about the complimentary beverages in the Diamond or Concierge lounges during the evening cocktail hour, I don't recall that bottled water was ever regularly available in those lounges.

Past cruises we could use our card during happy hour to get bottled water; only on this ship (Serenade) they have said no and it is, also, specifically mentioned as being excluded on the Lounge menu card along with frozen drinks. It's been two months since we were last on Royal (Vision); but we were always able to get it before. May have to wait til we are on Brilliance in 2 weeks to find out if this is fleetwide.

Have not seen bottled water as an option with the loaded drinks. Menus have been pretty standard since the program started. Last two trips Independence and Adventure not on the list of drinks available. Might just be some bartenders give them out.

Edited by looking4info

Past cruises we could use our card during happy hour to get bottled water; only on this ship (Serenade) they have said no and it is, also, specifically mentioned as being excluded on the Lounge menu card along with frozen drinks. It's been two months since we were last on Royal (Vision); but we were always able to get it before. May have to wait til we are on Brilliance in 2 weeks to find out if this is fleetwide.

You were just lucky on those past cruises. Bottled water is not "supposed to be" one of the complimentary drinks.

Just pat yourself on the back that you could get it before, and move on.

:)

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

You were just lucky on those past cruises. Bottled water is not "supposed to be" one of the complimentary drinks.

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

The funny thing I have noticed is that they have different water to give out with vouchers. Once the bartender grabbed a couple of Dasanis (or whatever the name brand was), before he recognized me and went back to get the bottles of "No Name Springs"! :eek::D

Vision, in December and January, had Triple Sec printed on their list of approved alcohols, so they could make a proper Margarita if requested.

The Serenade does not, as I believe is so with all other ships, and I was told by a bartender last night that he could make a modified Margarita, ie sans Triple Sec.

One of the bar tenders (won't be specific to protect the generous ones) told me that if I wanted a bottle of water charged to my voucher it would be no problem. I told him that I personally would not waste one of my vouchers on a bottle of water but was just curious about it being printed as an exclusion on the approved drink card. Frozen drinks were also printed as being specifically excluded. But the Vision and Freedom bartenders, last year, made many Pina Colodas and Mud Slides for D's, and above, vouchers.

Not really, but if we visit the Diamond Lounge we'll have a glass of wine. Interesting that the listing above contains Zinfandel, as our last cruise (Brilliance in January) didn't offer it as a choice, but the waiter gave it to us anyways. As I recall, the list we had was shorter than the one shown above (smaller ship, smaller list perhaps?).

Not really, but if we visit the Diamond Lounge we'll have a glass of wine. Interesting that the listing above contains Zinfandel, as our last cruise (Brilliance in January) didn't offer it as a choice, but the waiter gave it to us anyways. As I recall, the list we had was shorter than the one shown above (smaller ship, smaller list perhaps?).

We were told by an F&B Manager that Beringer White Zin is the most popular wine on the ship, by a long shot. I'd be surprised if it was not available in the lounges.

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

Thanks for posting this. ODOULS wasn't listed on three other ships in nov, dec, and Jan but see it was added for this list in Feb. I sent letter to corp. listing no non alcoholic beer on list.

We were told by an F&B Manager that Beringer White Zin is the most popular wine on the ship, by a long shot. I'd be surprised if it was not available in the lounges.

We were on a B-2-B aboard Explorer last year (out of Southampton), where they ran out of white Zin by about day 3-4 on each cruise. Even ran out of Jameson's by the end of the second cruise. :eek: Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. :)

N Ray H

We were on a B-2-B aboard Explorer last year (out of Southampton), where they ran out of white Zin by about day 3-4 on each cruise. Even ran out of Jameson's by the end of the second cruise. :eek: Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. :)

N Ray H

Sometimes they do run out. That made me go a bit pale! Our two regular drinks :) We found on Voyager last year that Kahlua was not available at a couple of bars, which I was looking to pay for, not get as part of the C&A. There does always seem to be something else available that would be just fine though ;)

Bob, it wasn't on the list of available drinks 2 weeks ago on the Allure. Funny thing was that they were serving it in the D lounge. Most bars that we went to would give it to us although some did mention that they were not supposed to.

Bob, it wasn't on the list of available drinks 2 weeks ago on the Allure. Funny thing was that they were serving it in the D lounge. Most bars that we went to would give it to us although some did mention that they were not supposed to.

Strange, it's got to be one of the least expensive (for the cruise line) wines on the ship.

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

Merion Mom-you are correct in that bottled water was probably not on past menus. However, I can assure you that any bar on just about every Royal ship I have been on have had no problem giving the bottles when asked.

This evening, I was back in the Concierge Lounge and lo and behold there was a new menu which no longer states "bottled water not included" Strange, strange. Plus I did get water at a bar this evening!! so all is well in the world again:cool: