Majesty of the Seas to Leave Royal Caribbean Fleet -- Again

LauraS

Will someone at Royal Caribbean please make up their mind?

They do make up theirs minds- many times and often contradictory.

I do feel those who booked cruises expecting free internet and the complete upgrade post dry dock were promised something falsely and should be given the option of a reduced fare or getting their money back. I am well aware that will not happen, but it should.

Honestly she is outdated. She doesn't match the rest of the fleet....

Same can be said for Empress but they appear to be stripping her down and making her specialized for Key West/Cuba so it will work. Everytime I see her in Nassau I think to myself "looks old, not interested"

Honestly she is outdated. She doesn't match the rest of the fleet....

Same can be said for Empress but they appear to be stripping her down and making her specialized for Key West/Cuba so it will work. Everytime I see her in Nassau I think to myself "looks old, not interested"

Agree with that!

Still fuming over losing Enchantment here in PC. Majesty is not an equal trade. :(

Edited by island lady

The article states Majesty leaving in 2018. There are no bookings available

that far in advance, so anyone booked on current PC dates should be safe.

YES BUT they are not getting the ship they thought, now that the refurbishment has been cancelled.

Check out the latest Royal Caribbean News from Cruise Critic:

Majesty of the Seas to Leave Royal Caribbean Fleet -- Again

I will wait to hear directly from Royal that in fact this is happening. Cynthia Martinez of Royal, in the article says that they have NO PLANS to transfer the ship back to Pullmantr at this time.

So this whole story is based on comments from someone that is not from Royal Caribbean. The story even includes a statement that Royal Caribbean denies this is happening. I wouldn't go get my pants in a bunch over this, until "official" word comes from Royal Caribbean and not someone from a subsidiary company.

RCI's booking site is still advertising free Voom for the sailings after the refurb.

It had just better have it...

Per another thread Majesty will offer free internet under certain conditions:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/new..._Content=Royal

"To honor the previously advertised perk, Royal Caribbean is offering complimentary Internet to all passengers on Majesty of the Seas cruises departing May 15 to July 1, 2016. In addition, passengers who booked a Majesty of the Seas cruise on or before March 15 for a sailing departing anytime on or after May 15, 2016, will also receive free Internet. All others (anyone booking a cruise on or after March 16 for a sailing departing on or after July 2, 2016) will have to pay for their onboard Internet use."

We are doing are first trip on Majesty on April 11 before the dry dock. We are doing another trip on her in September and per the link above we should receive the free internet on that sailing.

Gosh I hope they send Enchantment back to us, or one of her sisters anyway. Will

happily take Freedom back again also. :D

Not sorry to see Majesty leave the fleet.

We agree that Enchantment and Freedom should stay in PC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We agree that Enchantment and Freedom should stay in PC.

Me too!! I told the LA on board Enchantment last month that she was not allowed

to leave!! :eek: We will miss them. Ideal for us would have been for the Freedom to

take the Saturday slot at PC (instead of NCL Epic :() and keep Enchantment instead of bad

trade of Majesty for replacement. Oasis OK to do the Sunday slot, since Harmony is

replacing her in PE anyway. Would have been my choice anyway IMHO.

Currently with my Florida two cats (rescue Tabbies) cruising in our land yacht in the

Panhandle of Florida. They are surprisingly good travelers. ;)

Edited by island lady

I just got off the Majesty this morning, and the hotel director had some comments at the C&A reception.

First, Majesty is getting a multi-million dollar refurbishment. Clearly, she needs it. Except for the MDR on Deck 3, she looked tired and worn. She had shown her age since my last cruise in March of 2010.

Now, the fact that the refurbishment has been scaled back could very well mean that RC had already decided that the Majesty was only going to stay with RC for a short amount of time, before going back into dry dock in Freeport for the work needed to prep her for joining one of RC's European lines.

The reason that she is staying with RC is that the economy in Europe is still struggling, and RC decided that it didn't need another ship catering to the European market.

Second, the hotel director joked that he had no idea why Empress was being brought back to the RC fleet, except for the fact that she fits very nicely in Havana harbor. The assumption there is the Cuban government hasn't done the work necessary to accept any of the large ships like RC's Oasis, Quantum, and Freedom-class ships, the NCL Breakaway class, or the Carnaval Dream and Conquest classes.

And, it could be that RC thinks that the attraction of Cuba doesn't need a ship with the bells and whistles that one finds on the newer ships.w

I just got off the Majesty this morning, and the hotel director had some comments at the C&A reception.

First, Majesty is getting a multi-million dollar refurbishment. Clearly, she needs it. Except for the MDR on Deck 3, she looked tired and worn. She had shown her age since my last cruise in March of 2010.

Now, the fact that the refurbishment has been scaled back could very well mean that RC had already decided that the Majesty was only going to stay with RC for a short amount of time, before going back into dry dock in Freeport for the work needed to prep her for joining one of RC's European lines.

The reason that she is staying with RC is that the economy in Europe is still struggling, and RC decided that it didn't need another ship catering to the European market.

Second, the hotel director joked that he had no idea why Empress was being brought back to the RC fleet, except for the fact that she fits very nicely in Havana harbor. The assumption there is the Cuban government hasn't done the work necessary to accept any of the large ships like RC's Oasis, Quantum, and Freedom-class ships, the NCL Breakaway class, or the Carnaval Dream and Conquest classes.

And, it could be that RC thinks that the attraction of Cuba doesn't need a ship with the bells and whistles that one finds on the newer ships.w

Excellent analysis

Practical.

Not sure whether the port has the capacity to accept as many passengers as the Freedom class ships carry but physically a Freedom class ship can dock in Havana.

During Captains corner on Oasis in December Captain Trym said he has spent some of his off time from the ships using the simulators in Miami practicing docking Freedom class ships in Havana.