Xcellerate

eurotraveller1

Each package requires to be signed out of before being able to log in on another device...

I have heard of many people getting a discount from their free mins...

Yes, you get a discount which is equal to your CC package benefit. (Elite/Elite plus)

Second device half off would allow you to have two devices hooked up (signed in) at the same time independent of the locations.

Each package requires to be signed out of before being able to log in on another device...

I have heard of many people getting a discount from their free mins...

Yes, you get a discount which is equal to your CC package benefit. (Elite/Elite plus)

Second device half off would allow you to have two devices hooked up (signed in) at the same time independent of the locations.

:confused: I am assuming that MR T did not know we were speaking of the Buy One, Get One Half Off deal.

:confused: I am assuming that MR T did not know we were speaking of the Buy One, Get One Half Off deal.

In that case you can log in anywhere on the ship separately! [emoji4]

For our Eclipse cruise in the summer, it is pricing at $299 USD, unlimited.

And 30% off for Elites (they give up their 90 free minutes so Celebrity values that at $70)

And 35% off for Elite plus

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6927

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks - I was excited by the title of the article - then read the body.

(BTW - unlimited was $299 for our 14 day Eclipse cruise last February. )

(See highlighted in red)

Celebrity Cruises Rolls Out Xcelerate High-Speed Internet Fleetwide

(12:15 p.m. EDT) -- As the demand for responsive internet at sea increases, Celebrity is expanding Xcelerate, its new, high-speed internet service, to the entire fleet (with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition, a Galapagos-based vessel). With Xcelerate Wi-Fi, Celebrity promises passengers faster web browsing, less time spent waiting for pages to load and video-streaming capabilities with easier access to Netflix, YouTube, FaceTime and Skype.

In January, we reported that Celebrity was testing the new internet service onboard Reflection. According members on our boards, Xcelerate is also currently available onboard newly refurbished Summit, and might be rolled out to other ships in the fleet.

The new internet packages can be purchased onboard or in advance for the same price: $140 per person for unlimited use on five- to nine-day sailings; $199 per person for unlimited use on sailings of 10 days or more. For passengers booked with Celebrity's "Go Big" promotion, the choice is available to pick free internet as a complimentary amenity.

--By Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor

For our Eclipse cruise in the summer, it is pricing at $299 USD, unlimited.

And 30% off for Elites (they give up their 90 free minutes so Celebrity values that at $70)

And 35% off for Elite plus

The article says $199 and yet it actually cost $299? :confused::confused:

So, I guess I should count on the Unlimited package costing $299 (or $448.50 for using two devices at the same time) and then deduct $70 for the Elite 90 minute Internet? Have I figured that correctly?

Is each 90 minute Elite perk worth $70 or can you only get a discount off of one Elite perk?

We were booked in Sky Suite for upcoming cruise and had the free unlimited wifi promotion. We've now upgraded to Royal Suite. Since unlimited wifi is available for RS guests, would it still only allow for one piece of equipment logged on at a time, or will each suite occupant have a separate login?

So, I guess I should count on the Unlimited package costing $299 (or $448.50 for using two devices at the same time) and then deduct $70 for the Elite 90 minute Internet? Have I figured that correctly?

Is each 90 minute Elite perk worth $70 or can you only get a discount off of one Elite perk?

You will each get the discount if you are both Elite. I am not sure how the 50% off part works.

We were booked in Sky Suite for upcoming cruise and had the free unlimited wifi promotion. We've now upgraded to Royal Suite. Since unlimited wifi is available for RS guests, would it still only allow for one piece of equipment logged on at a time, or will each suite occupant have a separate login?

Each will have a separate log in.

No you didn't figure it correctly.

If you're on a 14 day cruise the first person in the cabin will pay $210 ($299-30%). The second person is $150 (half off ) Not sure if they'll also get 30%off that though they really should. But Celebrity doesn't like to combine benefits.

No you didn't figure it correctly.

If you're on a 14 day cruise the first person in the cabin will pay $210 ($299-30%). The second person is $150 (half off ) Not sure if they'll also get 30%off that though they really should. But Celebrity doesn't like to combine benefits.

Karen

They don't get any extra discount on the second package - I tried in February.

I believe the person who quoted the $299 price was quoting the "old" internet pricing for their upcoming summer cruise....possibly they got that quote from the often outdated website. We are currently on the an 11 day Equinox, the service was just added to this cruise, and the cost for me at this time of writing was $144 and change (Elite pricing). I will find out how much to add my bride so that she can be on at the same time and will get back to you all...

So far I've been impressed with the speeds. Speedtest from the balcony 2.17 Mbps download and .5 upload. Not lighting fast, but much better from what it has been. Will check to see what speeds are like from interior of the ship and with more people logged into the system which can affect speeds.

Does anybody know about Infinity and Summit which fairly recently went through their dry dock upgrades? Did they add Xcelerate to these ships? We are on Infinity end of this month.

Summit yes. Have not heard it is on Infinity. Seems the decision to install was done after Infinity drydock.

I believe the person who quoted the $299 price was quoting the "old" internet pricing for their upcoming summer cruise....possibly they got that quote from the often outdated website. We are currently on the an 11 day Equinox, the service was just added to this cruise, and the cost for me at this time of writing was $144 and change (Elite pricing). I will find out how much to add my bride so that she can be on at the same time and will get back to you all...

So far I've been impressed with the speeds. Speedtest from the balcony 2.17 Mbps download and .5 upload. Not lighting fast, but much better from what it has been. Will check to see what speeds are like from interior of the ship and with more people logged into the system which can affect speeds.

If I remember correctly there was a 10-`13 day price of $199 but 14 days or more jumped to $299.

it's possible that has changed.

Host Andy is currently on the Eclipse - he should know.

If I remember correctly there was a 10-`13 day price of $199 but 14 days or more jumped to $299.

it's possible that has changed.

Host Andy is currently on the Eclipse - he should know.

Numbers are all over the place! :eek: I'll just wait and see what it is when we board. :rolleyes:

Swinden - Interesting that you found the speeds better on your balcony. A few years ago, and still holds true, I notice that if I got near my balcony door (from the inside) that the signal was better. I wonder why? Is it the extra metal?