Xcellerate

eurotraveller1

Maybe they're running a promotional price so people try out the new internet, time will tell.

Hope that the speed can keep up now that many future cruisers will have included internet due to the promos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following was sent out to TA's yesterday...

INTRODUCING XCELERATE:

OUR NEW HIGH-SPEED INTERNET AT SEA.

Another exciting innovation from the Modern Luxury team at Celebrity Cruises; Xcelerate! Guests will now have access to Facebook, FaceTime, Skype, YouTube, Netflix and more with faster web browsing, faster page loads and faster streaming video capability.

Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette are already enjoying the benefits of Xcelerate with the remaining ships due to be set up by mid-March. Xcelerate will replace the current Celebrity Cruises internet and will be the only internet service offered onboard.

PRICES & PACKAGES.

Guests can pre-book the Xcelerate packages before they cruise or onboard at the same rate. Please see the package options below:

Per minute rate: $0.99 p/min

Standard package (24 hours): $45

XCelerate Package (5-9 days): $140

XCelerate Package (10+ days): $199

Please note that the following applies to guests who have already purchased an internet package pre-cruise: Captain's Club Elite & Elite+ guests who purchased a 90min or 120min package at Standard Bandwidth can use the same coupon but will receive an unlimited package. Guests who have purchased Standard Internet ($199) will receive a refund for package price difference.

INTRODUCING XCELERATE:

Another exciting innovation from the Modern Luxury team at Celebrity Cruises; Xcelerate! Guests will now have access to Facebook, FaceTime, Skype, YouTube, Netflix and more with faster web browsing, faster page loads and faster streaming video capability.

Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette are already enjoying the benefits of Xcelerate with the remaining ships due to be set up by mid-March. Xcelerate will replace the current Celebrity Cruises internet and will be the only internet service offered onboard.

PRICES & PACKAGES.

Guests can pre-book the Xcelerate packages before they cruise or onboard at the same rate. Please see the package options below:

Please note that the following applies to guests who have already purchased an internet package pre-cruise: Captain's Club Elite & Elite+ guests who purchased a 90min or 120min package at Standard Bandwidth can use the same coupon but will receive an unlimited package. Guests who have purchased Standard Internet ($199) will receive a refund for package price difference.

So, if we're Elite we now get unlimited for free?

I know that can't be true because then it would totally mess up one of the 4 options of Go Big, Go Better, Go Best - leaving only 3 options.

Why oh why doesn't Celebrity proof read or think through their press releases? :(:confused::eek::rolleyes:

So, if we're Elite we now get unlimited for free?

I know that can't be true because then it would totally mess up one of the 4 options of Go Big, Go Better, Go Best - leaving only 3 options.

Why oh why doesn't Celebrity proof read or think through their press releases? :(:confused::eek::rolleyes:

It would appear that they may have removed the 90 minute and 200 (but always get (240 minutes) minute packages, so it will be interesting to see what you receive with the Elite and Elite+. Depending on the length of the cruise they might get a free unlimited package.

Edited by jagoffee

So if we get free unlimited as a suite passenger, can I assume it'll be Xcellerate?

Yes, see above post it replaces the current Internet.

Wino is currently on a TA and this is what he reported related to the Elite and Elite + benefit.

"Currently taking Constellation across the pond. They just updated their internet with Xcelerate, and let me tell you, it's more than great. You can do live streaming every day. Unlimited package costs $199, but with your Elite Plus discount (35%), costs only $129. I think Elite gets a 30% discount."

INTRODUCING XCELERATE:

PRICES & PACKAGES.

On UK website it is quoting £139.30 for my upcoming 11 night cruise (roughly 199$). Can see no Captains Club discount, do you only get that onboard? Not a bad deal in any case if the speed is greatly improved.

On UK website it is quoting £139.30 for my upcoming 11 night cruise (roughly 199$). Can see no Captains Club discount, do you only get that onboard? Not a bad deal in any case if the speed is greatly improved.

Wait until onboard. You get the discounts but need to go to the icafe for the captains club discount code for the unlimited package. (unless that has changed with the new system)

We are excited to announce our new high speed internet service, Xcelerate. The service will be available fleetwide by end of May 2016.

Thanks!

Could you please clarify exactly what discount (or free package) Elite and Elite Plus get for unlimited internet.

From the announcement sent to TAs it appears unlimited will be free to both.

PRICES & PACKAGES.

Edited by chamima

Elite member currently aboard Eclipse. They still start us off with 90 minutes free. Uprgrade to unlimited cost me $139.30 after Elite discount ($199 before discount). Had to go to I lounge to obtain discount code. Speed is definitely faster, but imo not as quick as back home or new Royal product which I experienced on Quantum last year.

Elite member currently aboard Eclipse. They still start us off with 90 minutes free. Uprgrade to unlimited cost me $139.30 after Elite discount ($199 before discount). Had to go to I lounge to obtain discount code. Speed is definitely faster, but imo not as quick as back home or new Royal product which I experienced on Quantum last year.

I am on the Equinox right now, and they gave me the exact same deal. Agree the speed is definitely better, but not nearly as fast as I thought it would be. There are times when loading a web page that I think it will never load.

We are excited to announce our new high speed internet service, Xcelerate. The service will be available fleetwide by end of May 2016.

Thank you. Currently on Constellation, and love it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

INTRODUCING XCELERATE:

PRICES & PACKAGES.

And then I receive the following this morning about my upcoming cruise in 5 weeks. :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board your upcoming cruise and want you to enjoy it to the fullest. With this in mind, we have created a number of stay-in-touch options, so you can stay connected with family and friends on land and have peace of mind during your time with us.

INTERNET PACKAGES* - NEW! Now available for purchase pre-cruise

Item Browsing: $59 for 90 minutes

Item Social: $109 for 240 minutes

Item Day Pass: $59 per day (one full day of continuous access)

Item Unlimited: $199 for a 6-9 day voyage; $299 for a 10-14 day voyage

Item As you go: $.79 per minute (pay by the minute) Only available on board

Edited by Iamthesea

So does this mean that, post-dry dock, that Millennium will have it? My cruise leaves May 27th. :)

Just off Eclipse Sunday. Thought about purchasing unlimited pkg before cruise. Price was $299.00. Luckily, waited. Paid $199.00 plus captain's club 10% off discount. Came to just under $180.00. Streaming was nearly impossible on YouTube. Did not try Netflix. Worked great for email and reading news/articles. Lots of people complaining about speed. Oh, Skype worked great! Kind of awesome being able to do that at sea.

Just off Eclipse Sunday. Thought about purchasing unlimited pkg before cruise. Price was $299.00. Luckily, waited. Paid $199.00 plus captain's club 10% off discount. Came to just under $180.00. Streaming was nearly impossible on YouTube. Did not try Netflix. Worked great for email and reading news/articles. Lots of people complaining about speed. Oh, Skype worked great! Kind of awesome being able to do that at sea.

Thanks for reporting about the prices. I guess some people would be ticked having purchased ahead of time and then find a better rate onboard. :rolleyes:

Encouraging about Skype. I do not Skype, but do like to occasionally Facetime with my grandchild and adult children. I do try to stay away from the Internet as much as possible when cruising, however.

Item Unlimited: $199 for a 6-9 day voyage; $299 for a 10-14 day voyage

I suspect that I know the answer but can anyone confirm - if I am on a 12 day trip but only need Wifi for 9 days, can I get it for $199.

We gave the first couple of days in Guernsey and Cork, and the last in Belfast so I can manage without on those days, but I suspect it's the "voyage" word that is decisive.