Bon Voyage! (Regal Princess)

j3000

Well, wish me luck. Setting sail on the Regal on Sunday! This'll probably be my last post ashore. Want to thank all the forum-ers here for all the great info. & for answering all my stupid questions! I feel like I know the ship already! (Just watch.. I'll get lost in the first hour...)

Any last-minute tips or advice on ANYTHING ...embarkation, food, drink, do's & don'ts, etc. .... ANYTHING? Cheers! :)

Have fun and eat at least once in Alfredo's .........pizza is awesome and be sure to go to outriggers bar on the Lido deck it is quiet with great view ..... vines has great Tapas when you order a glass of wine

BOGO for a dollar during happy hour in crooners beer or splits of Korbel and ask them not to open

check out side on deck 7 behind Crooners bar it is a nice place to sit and take in the view of the ocean

Have fun and eat at least once in Alfredo's .........pizza is awesome and be sure to go to outriggers bar on the Lido deck it is quiet with great view ..... vines has great Tapas when you order a glass of wine

BOGO for a dollar during happy hour in crooners beer or splits of Korbel and ask them not to open

check out side on deck 7 behind Crooners bar it is a nice place to sit and take in the view of the ocean

check!

check! (what's Korbel?)

check!

Edited by jargey3000

Well, wish me luck. Setting sail on the Regal on Sunday! This'll probably be my last post ashore. Want to thank all the forum-ers here for all the great info. & for answering all my stupid questions! I feel like I know the ship already! (Just watch.. I'll get lost in the first hour...)

Any last-minute tips or advice on ANYTHING ...embarkation, food, drink, do's & don'ts, etc. .... ANYTHING? Cheers! :)

First of all there are no stupid questions while learning about a new experience & it's how to prepare for a new adventure. Some don't learn in advance about what to expect & go with unrealistic expectations but you're better informed about what to expect on your cruise. :)

I've learned many things on the CC forums from passengers sharing their experiences without telling me what is best for me to do. ;)

In your threads I don't recall if the Ocean Terrace Sea Food Bar (in the Piazza) was mentioned. They have seafood items that cost extra & if you like crab everyone raves about the Crab Margarita ($6) served in a martini glass.

"Lime & Chili Crab Margarita Coclctail: $6 Colossal Jumbo Lump Crab Meal Avocado, Tomato, Red Onion, Cilantro, Tequila Splash"

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr201_ocean_terrace.pdf

Here's a link to Regal menus although the MDR ones are from from 2015 & may be outdated but many of the same courses were available on my most recent Crown Princess cruise in October

http://www.beyondships2.com/regal-princess-menus.html

The tables & chairs at Bellini's & Ocean Terrace overlook the Piazza & are usually empty during the day and are good spots to enjoy performances on the bottom floor of the Piazza or to read or listen to an audio book.

The Regal & Royal are the only ships with the $40 Winemakers Dinner & like the Chef's Table participation is limited so reserve early if you want to enjoy it in their wine cellar area.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the Regal as much as we did during our 18 day TA last April (and a combined month on the Royal) so we obviously enjoy this class of ship. Our only disappointment is that we have to go to Europe or the East Coast because neither are sailing our West Coast. :p

Looking forward to reading any post cruise comments you may have to share on this forum...Buon Viggio! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Astro! (& for other info.)

Can't wait! 2 more "sleeps". Just trying to "weed out" a few pounds of clothes! jeez, do I HATE packing! let's see, did I put in any underwear...?

Have a wonderful cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Guest arowe6

Have an amazing time! We sail the week after.

My tips (that I try to follow as well): Disconnect from the real world. Savor every moment. Never forget how lucky you are. Have patience. Breathe the fresh sea air. And always remember to laugh.

Safe travels,

Andrew :)

Edited by arowe6

My tips for you:

o If you have any questions when on the cruise, ask!!!! Don't miss out on something because you did not ask. You can ask Princess staff, fellow roll call members, passengers who are strangers to you, etc. If you are asking a staff member who is not assigned to a general job (such as cruise director staff or the purser's desk), but to a specific job (cabin steward, dining room waiter), only ask about something pertaining to that peron's area of knowledge. A waiter cannot tell you about shore excursions. A cabin steward will not know if a pool is heated or not.

o Read the "Patter" carefully each day. (The Patter is the daily list of events and activities and it is delivered to your cabin.) Don't miss out on something because you failed to read about it happening.

We sail the week after, too, and LOVED the Regal last year. The ship is laid out nicely. It is huge. Tip: Don't feel compelled to eat in the main dining room every night. There are plenty of other good venues to eat at. Crown Grill was very good. We plan on eating there twice. Buffet was very good on this ship, so a very comparable meal to the main dining room can be had. Alfredo's was our favorite venue for dinner. No upcharge, either.

We are fans of the BOGO Happy Hours, 3-4 at crooner's and 11-12 midnight at Club 6 There is a fun Love Boat Disco Deck Party which was held on the fifth night (at least on our cruise) We enjoyed it.

Movies Under the Stars is enjoyable, if you like movies.

If you enjoy your cruise and think that you might book another, buy a Future Cruise Deposit while onboard. It is $100 pp and we usually buy four. You don't have to declare a specific cruise. You can fill out the FCD and drop it in the slot and your credit card will be charged separately. It won't go on your shipboard account. The FCD will be Emailedcto you and also will be on file with Princess. When you get ready to pick another cruise,

The FCD will be the actual deposit. You have up to two years to use them and if you don't it will be credited back to you automatically. You also get FREE onboard credit, so that is our main objective, because we basically get $100 free spending money to stack with any other onboard credit that we might get.

Clarification, the onboard credit from a FCD will range, so for us a 7-day cruise gives us $100 for booking a balcony cabin. You can get more credits for a 10-day or longer cruise [emoji1]

Here are the onboard credits for the FCD program that '4cats4me' recommended & I agree that it's a good program if considering another Princess cruise. It's possible to purchase multiple FCDs and to not make my mistake when we lost a combined total of $300 of OBC by not having one available for our booking. :o

Length of Voyage

17 days +

$150 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $125 Inside/Outside

11 – 16 days

$100 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $75 Inside/Outside

7 – 10 days

$50 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $25 Inside/Outside

3 – 6 days

$25 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $15 Inside/Outside

Here's a link to the FCD form which includes the details about the FCD program. Paper copies are available onboard from the Future Cruise Consultant's office & the free Princess@Sea shipboard intranet site can submit the request electronically.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

Here are the onboard credits for the FCD program that '4cats4me' recommended & I agree that it's a good program if considering another Princess cruise. It's possible to purchase multiple FCDs and to not make my mistake when we lost a combined total of $300 of OBC by not having one available for our booking. :o

Length of Voyage

17 days +

$150 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $125 Inside/Outside

11 – 16 days

$100 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $75 Inside/Outside

7 – 10 days

$50 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $25 Inside/Outside

3 – 6 days

$25 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $15 Inside/Outside

Here's a link to the FCD form which includes the details about the FCD program. Paper copies are available onboard from the Future Cruise Consultant's office & the free Princess@Sea shipboard intranet site can submit the request electronically.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

So very true. I also lost out one cruise because I did not have any available FCD's. Now I always buy some when I'm on a cruise so that won't happen again.....:):):)

Bob

So very true. I also lost out one cruise because I did not have any available FCD's. Now I always buy some when I'm on a cruise so that won't happen again.....:):):)

Bob

And hopefully by posting our sad experiences no one else will repeat our mistakes. ;)

Nearly a decade ago we were unaware that it was possible to purchase multiple FCDs & now both of us always have several in our account.

When having multiple FDCs it's good to confirm that Princess uses the one expiring first. For 2 recent cruises our TA had Princess use a FCD & later I discovered on my Captain's Circle account that they didn't use our oldest FCD. Thankfully our TA got Princess to correct their mistake but I'd recommend ensuring that Princess uses the oldest FCD and not one with a later expiration date. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

And hopefully by posting our sad experiences no one else will repeat our mistakes. ;)

Nearly a decade ago we were unaware that it was possible to purchase multiple FCDs & now both of us always have several in our account.

When having multiple FDCs it's good to confirm that Princess uses the one expiring first. For 2 recent cruises our TA had Princess use a FCD & later I discovered on my Captain's Circle account that they didn't use our oldest FCD. Thankfully our TA got Princess to correct their mistake but I'd recommend ensuring that Princess uses the oldest FCD and not one with a later expiration date. :(

We currently have two each on our account. I'll probably buy at least another two in September.....:):):)

Bob