Breeze May 5-8 2016 where is she

swscruiser

That's such a shame to send a ship as good as the Breeze away from Florida to Galveston.:(

Florida is getting Carnival Magic in return, though, and they'll have Carnival Vista when she's done with her Med and New York sailings...

Edited by Kethry88
edit

Florida is getting Carnival Magic in return, though, and they'll have Carnival Vista when she's done with her Med and New York sailings...

Yes, not a bad trade, but it does seem an odd choice to send the flagship (well, the second flagship, after this summer) to Galveston. I think they get a fare premium on cruises out of Galveston, though, so it probably makes sense from a bean-counting perspective.

Yes, not a bad trade, but it does seem an odd choice to send the flagship (well, the second flagship, after this summer) to Galveston. I think they get a fare premium on cruises out of Galveston, though, so it probably makes sense from a bean-counting perspective.

Galveston might well be the most lucrative home port Carnival has. Something like 7 million people within a 3 hour drive. While it does have some destination issues (as in lack of due to logistics), moving the Breeze there was not a mistake.

Galveston might well be the most lucrative home port Carnival has. Something like 7 million people within a 3 hour drive. While it does have some destination issues (as in lack of due to logistics), moving the Breeze there was not a mistake.

Looking at Carnival's financials, I rarely doubt the wisdom of their bean-counters. :D

6.5 million people just in the Houston Metro. Almost 7 million in the Dallas metro area. Then add Austin-San Antonio and other areas along with the great economy in Texas. No brainer for Carnival. Then you have the west coast folks who fly in Houston because it is cheaper and a shorter flight as well. They have smart bean counters indeed. Cruises are more pricier out of Texas because they know they can get the fare. Supply and demand.

With that said, really looking forward to the Breeze coming to Galveston along with the Liberty and the Freedom. Miami gets the Vista soon and hoping to catch a ride on that one in 2017.

Edited by BrotherCraig

That's such a shame to send a ship as good as the Breeze away from Florida to Galveston.:(

I think is not bad idea because we are going to have the VISTA!!

I am going to sail on the breeze May 1 just to say good bye lol

And on the Vista May 24 my Mediterranean cruise because I can't

wait until Nov when she comes home lol.