Our Fascination Anniversary / Spring Break Getaway Cruise (with pics) - 3/26/16

Jamman54

Thank you for another great review! I cannot wait for your review on the New England/Canada cruise in September. I'm curious about that cruise itinerary myself.

Thanks for reading! We are really looking forward to our New England / Canada cruise!

Really enjoyed your review Jamman. Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to your review on your Canada/New England cruise. This (along with Alaska) is also a bucket list cruise for us:). I think I have only ever seen one of these reviews with pics, so I am eagerly anticipating yours:D.

Thanks for following along! I haven't seen many photo reviews of the NE/Canada itinerary, so we look forward to doing it!

Another great review!!!!:D:D

Sounds like Patti didn't feel great for this cruise.:(

Picture were awesome as usual!!!!

Cannot wait for the next one......:D

Thank you once again for following along! I can always count on you being there!

Patti struggled until we got to Nassau, and then she won the slot tournament, which really lifted her spirits! She's all good now though, thanks for asking!

Jamman54, Thanks for another great review. Due to your recommendation we stayed at the Radisson in Port Canaveral and loved it. They know how to handle transport to the port.

So now I have to check on the Breezes for our soon-to-be booked Elation cruise. The pictures are amazing and we tend to go for all-inclusive beach days, like Nachi Cocum in Cozumel.

Jamman54, Thanks for another great review. Due to your recommendation we stayed at the Radisson in Port Canaveral and loved it. They know how to handle transport to the port.

So now I have to check on the Breezes for our soon-to-be booked Elation cruise. The pictures are amazing and we tend to go for all-inclusive beach days, like Nachi Cocum in Cozumel.

Thanks for reading! You really can't go wrong with the Radisson. We will be staying there again prior to our B2B Magic cruise next year.

We really enjoyed Breezes. We will have to check out Nachi Cocum since we'll be in Cozumel twice next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jamman54

I am a fellow Somerset resident. Your boys were actually at MacAfee when my kids were. I was so sorry to hear of Kevin's accident. I am so sorry for your loss!

My husband and I will be taking the Fascination out of PR on June 4, 2016. We are looking for low key things to do in each port. I have read most of your reviews and think I have some ideas for St. Thomas (Orient Beach) and St. Maarten (Coki Beach or do you think Magen Beach is better) We still need ideas for St. Kitts, St Lucia and Barbados. We love to sit on the beach. I love snorkeling but hubby does not and hates to sit on an anchored boat while I snorkel from it. We have taken a boat to an island for a day in Belize and liked that. We would love a Margaritaville like place. We might like shopping day with early back to boat for one day. I would love a chance to swim with dolphins and to parasail.

In short I guess I am asking for you to help us plan our cruise. I thank you for any help you can give and apologize for hijacking this post. I am new to this and did not know any other way to do this. I am sure there is a better way.

Thanks again

Kim Thorne from MacAfee

Hi Jamman54

I am a fellow Somerset resident. Your boys were actually at MacAfee when my kids were. I was so sorry to hear of Kevin's accident. I am so sorry for your loss!

My husband and I will be taking the Fascination out of PR on June 4, 2016. We are looking for low key things to do in each port. I have read most of your reviews and think I have some ideas for St. Thomas (Orient Beach) and St. Maarten (Coki Beach or do you think Magen Beach is better) We still need ideas for St. Kitts, St Lucia and Barbados. We love to sit on the beach. I love snorkeling but hubby does not and hates to sit on an anchored boat while I snorkel from it. We have taken a boat to an island for a day in Belize and liked that. We would love a Margaritaville like place. We might like shopping day with early back to boat for one day. I would love a chance to swim with dolphins and to parasail.

In short I guess I am asking for you to help us plan our cruise. I thank you for any help you can give and apologize for hijacking this post. I am new to this and did not know any other way to do this. I am sure there is a better way.

Thanks again

Kim Thorne from MacAfee

Hi Kim! Small world isn't it? Thanks so much for your kind words.

You have your beaches and ports a little mixed up, but I'll help you get straightened out. :) In St. Thomas our favorites are Sapphire and Coki. Magen's Bay is nice but you will have to pay a fee to go there. Consider taking a ferry over to St. John's and visiting Trunk Bay. For your drinking and partying pleasure there is a Senor Frog's right next to the pier.

In St. Maarten, Orient is the place to go. There are many different sections, with Bikini Beach being our favorite. Maho Beach is where the jets fly over VERY low coming into the airport.

I am not impressed with the beaches in St. Kitts, and I have never been to St. Lucia. It has also been many, many years since I've been to Barbados.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There is plenty of good info on this site to help you with your planning. Hope this helped a little.

Hi Kim! Small world isn't it? Thanks so much for your kind words.

You have your beaches and ports a little mixed up, but I'll help you get straightened out. :) In St. Thomas our favorites are Sapphire and Coki. Magen's Bay is nice but you will have to pay a fee to go there. Consider taking a ferry over to St. John's and visiting Trunk Bay. For your drinking and partying pleasure there is a Senor Frog's right next to the pier.

In St. Maarten, Orient is the place to go. There are many different sections, with Bikini Beach being our favorite. Maho Beach is where the jets fly over VERY low coming into the airport.

I am not impressed with the beaches in St. Kitts, and I have never been to St. Lucia. It has also been many, many years since I've been to Barbados.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There is plenty of good info on this site to help you with your planning. Hope this helped a little.

Thank you so much for your help. :) I realized after the message posted that I had the beaches wrong. We may just do some shopping in St Kitts and return to the ship early. It is such a port heavy cruise that we don't have much ship time.

Hi Jamman54

Thanks again

Kim Thorne from MacAfee

Kim, we were in St. Lucia for the lst time last month and we did Spencer Ambrose land, sea, beach excursion. You can look it up in the port of call forums. It was a bit pricey at $105.00 but worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. We were on a Journeys cruise and went to a lot of beautiful islands, but this was definitely the highlight of our cruise!

Kim, we were in St. Lucia for the lst time last month and we did Spencer Ambrose land, sea, beach excursion. You can look it up in the port of call forums. It was a bit pricey at $105.00 but worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. We were on a Journeys cruise and went to a lot of beautiful islands, but this was definitely the highlight of our cruise!

Thanks Karen! We will look into that excursion in St Lucia

Kim, for an AWESOME picture review of sailing into St. Lucia and Spencer Ambrose tour, check out pghsteelerfan's review:

Carnival liberty – september 20, 2015 – southern itinerary out of san juan,

Just put that in the seach box and it should come up. I can't figure out how to copy and paste the review! Start at about post 393. Her excellent advice and review of the excursion with pictures start at post 399. You will have to get your jaw off the floor!

Kim, for an AWESOME picture review of sailing into St. Lucia and Spencer Ambrose tour, check out pghsteelerfan's review:

Carnival liberty – september 20, 2015 – southern itinerary out of san juan,

Just put that in the seach box and it should come up. I can't figure out how to copy and paste the review! Start at about post 393. Her excellent advice and review of the excursion with pictures start at post 399. You will have to get your jaw off the floor!

Hey Karry! Thanks for jumping in and providing that great info!!

This was a great review of the Fascination. I am planning on booking this ship for a 7 day cruise out of San Juan. I enjoyed learning all about Fascination from your review. You did a great job. The photos are really good. Thank you.:cool:

This was a great review of the Fascination. I am planning on booking this ship for a 7 day cruise out of San Juan. I enjoyed learning all about Fascination from your review. You did a great job. The photos are really good. Thank you.:cool:

Thanks for reading! Glad you found it helpful. Enjoy your planning!

• 2 weeks later...

Another great review. Fascination was my first cruise. I'm itching for another cruise and lo and behold you popup with this review. I don't know how I missed it last month. We can't decide which one and when. Problem is I want that reposition cruise on the Pride, but can't get the time off. I guess I have to wait for retirement on that too.

Another great review. Fascination was my first cruise. I'm itching for another cruise and lo and behold you popup with this review. I don't know how I missed it last month. We can't decide which one and when. Problem is I want that reposition cruise on the Pride, but can't get the time off. I guess I have to wait for retirement on that too.

Retirement does make it easier!! Hope you get to book a cruise soon.

Retirement does make it easier!! Hope you get to book a cruise soon.

Actually, I just got off the boat Thursday, lol. Got a great price on the Grandeur to Bermuda. But you know what, I missed Carnival. It wasn't a bad cruise, but it just had a different feel to it. That's probably why I'm itching to book again. Waiting for retirement is a double edged sword. I have another 7 years to go. Wish I would have hit powerball last week.

Actually, I just got off the boat Thursday, lol. Got a great price on the Grandeur to Bermuda. But you know what, I missed Carnival. It wasn't a bad cruise, but it just had a different feel to it. That's probably why I'm itching to book again. Waiting for retirement is a double edged sword. I have another 7 years to go. Wish I would have hit powerball last week.

Well, welcome home! :) We have cruised to Bermuda a couple of times, and it is a different cruise experience no matter which line you cruise on. We will definitely be doing it again some day. Good luck planning your next Carnival cruise! :)

Hey Jeff! I was happy to see another review from you! Congratulations to Patti on her retirement. She's definitely earned it after 32 years. Also congrats to her on winning the slot tournament. That's making me want to give it a try next cruise. That's pretty cool that you were the "that" person onboard with the most days sailed. You know I had to laugh when I saw that pitiful cornbread. LOL :D

Hey Kim! Thanks for dropping in. You know that any "cornbread" photos are taken just for you! :D

Patti thanks you for the retirement wishes. We can take longer, off peak cruises now!! :D

Can't wait to see your review on our favorite ship, the Pride, and to Bermuda no less! Enjoy your planning.

We just returned from the Journey's cruise on the Sunshine. In St Lucia, we did the Catamaran to the Pitons. Outstanding! Very scenic. I probably took more pics than on any other excursion. $65 p/p.

Crew was friendly and very helpful.

Saw Souifere, Sugar Beach, a stop for swimming and/or snorkeling, and then the Pitons.

On the return trip the crew played music, served complimentary sandwiches and rum punch. Piton beers were $2. You could also order some rum drinks. Don't remember the price -- maybe $5.