Our Fascination Anniversary / Spring Break Getaway Cruise (with pics) - 3/26/16

Jamman54

you can zoom out a bit and just track the map to the right

click the arrow beside the road link up on top right to toggle to satellite view:)

the package if I read the fine print from OP was 85 per person? all inclusive so beer liquor food, chairs towels probably,

did it include watersports too?

the balmoral island across the way in the pics I think is the one we've been to before if it used to be a NCL\royal Caribbean island, but we have been to numerouse beaches and islands around there on several different crusie lines, on one old crusie we passed under the paradise island bridge and when up the harbor to a beach I think on paradise island, seems like they that was when we were on the big red boat many years ago

A few days ago, I started a thread asking about both the Fascination and its Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan. We have since booked that cruise. I was referred to your thread as a good place to find out about the ship.

We were wondering if there was ballroom dancing.

you can zoom out a bit and just track the map to the right

click the arrow beside the road link up on top right to toggle to satellite view:)

the package if I read the fine print from OP was 85 per person? all inclusive so beer liquor food, chairs towels probably,

did it include watersports too?

the balmoral island across the way in the pics I think is the one we've been to before if it used to be a NCL\royal Caribbean island, but we have been to numerouse beaches and islands around there on several different crusie lines, on one old crusie we passed under the paradise island bridge and when up the harbor to a beach I think on paradise island, seems like they that was when we were on the big red boat many years ago

Here is what is included, and not included at Breezes. Also, the minimum age here is 14.

What's Included:

•Unlimited dining for lunch and snacks

•Unlimited drinks (alcohol & non alcohol) including premium brand cocktails & wine

•Beaches, pools, whirlpools

• Lounges, umbrellas, towels (no need to bring the ship’s towels)

•Non-motorized water sports including windsurfing, sailing, paddle-boats & kayaking

•Land activities like rock climbing, tennis, flying trapeze, beach volleyball & more

•Recreation Area with pool tables and ping pong tables

• Bathrooms and changing rooms

•Fitness center

•Free WiFi throughout hotel

•Your Day pass is valid from 10 AM - 6 PM

•Your Twilight pass is valid from 5 PM - 11 PM

What's Not Included:

• Guest rooms/accommodations

• Transfers to/from your cruise ship.

•Motorized water sports

• Lockers are not available so pack light

• Items of a personal nature including spa and gift shop

Your reviews are always great to read! Thank you for doing these reviews for us.

Next month we will be in Nassau between 8am thru 11:59pm and we are considering going to the Breezes Resort since we have a whole day at this port.

Can you just walk into the resort and pay for a day pass or do you have to reserve it online?

Thanks for following along once again!

Breezes does take walk ins, but they sell only so many passes a day. If there will be a lot of ships in port the day you are there, they might sell out, so I recommend that you reserve in advance. $20/pp deposit required at booking at resortforaday dot com. Minimum age is 14.

These are some great pictures. We will definitely consider doing this the next time we go to Nassau. We did Balmoral Island on our Valor B2B cruise last year and I was not impressed. The water was nice but everything was so expensive on the island. It was also very crowded and the WiFi never worked either.

The more I read about Balmoral Island, the less likely the chance that I will spend the money to go there. I know now that Breezes and the British Colonial Hilton are much better value. I think the next time we are in Nassau, and thankfully our next three cruises we have booked do not go there, we will most likely try a day pass at the Melia Resort.

Jamman I am loving the review! It is so nice to see Breezes, and I recognized it immediately as the hotel I spent a week at back in the 90's. I believe it was a Wyndham hotel back then. Building still looks the same, but pool has been enlarged and looks awesome. I used to vacation fairly often in Nassau back then, but only got to revisit on my Freedom cruise in 2014. Cable beach sure has been built up since my early visits there.

By the way, that yacht Laurel. I googled it and you can charter it for a week for the price of 525.000!!! One can only dream:)

Thanks again for the review.

Always glad to have you along for the ride!

We did a day pass at the Wyndam many years ago, but I don't believe this was the same place. I could be wrong, but of course we have photos, so I'll have to check it out.

As for the Laurel, do you want to go halfsies? At 262,500 a piece, it's a steal!! :D

Edited by Jamman54

A few days ago, I started a thread asking about both the Fascination and its Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan. We have since booked that cruise. I was referred to your thread as a good place to find out about the ship.

We were wondering if there was ballroom dancing.

Thanks for reading. Sorry to say, there wasn't any ballroom dancing.

Walking on the pier, Patti got these shots of the Atlantis across the harbor…..

CF589.JPG

CF590.JPG

CF591.JPG

The Carnival Fascination awaits our return…..

CF592.JPG

The Fiesta Mail sails past us……..

CF593.JPG

CF594.JPG

To be continued…….

A look at the beautiful yacht Carolina…..

CF595.JPG

The Carnival Fascination and me…..

CF596.JPG

Another view of the Carnival Victory.....

CF597.JPG

The Carnival Fascination’s gangway……

CF598.JPG

Once back on board, Patti went back to the cabin to rest, and I went up to Deck 11 aft to take some pictures of our sail away from Nassau.

We were supposed to sail at 5pm, but Captain Longhin, the nice guy that he is, decided to wait for some late arrivals back to the ship. The next few pictures I have titled “The Pier Runners”…..

CF599.JPG

CF600.JPG

To be continued……

Just when I thought we would be ready to sail, some more pier runners were spotted…..

CF601.JPG

The Carnival Victory, which was supposed to sail after us, has sailed…..

CF603.JPG

CF605.JPG

CF606.JPG

Finally at 5:30pm, a half hour late, we are ready to sail. They have thrown the lines…..

CF607.JPG

The Serenity area is a great place to hang out for sail away…..

CF608.JPG

To be continued…..

we did that island thing many times years ago but it was only about 30 bucks each back then, of course beer and drinks were extra, and the burger or chicken sammich, is ok

now though its like what 60 bucks? or more, if you have faster to the fun, or platinum though you can get plenty of sun and activity there on a hot day, but heck, most times in Nassau unless we have a specific thing we want to do, we stay on the ship, but we've been there like 25 times:eek:

and, when the ship is in port, no crowd, hot tubs relatively empty, they don't blast you with music all day.......

shhh don't tell anybody!:)

we will most likely try a day pass at the Melia Resort.

Really loving your review and photos. We are sailing this summer on the Fascination out of San Juan and I cannot read enough about this ship! Thanks for taking the time to do this :)

As for the Melia, we stayed there on a land vacation for a week last November and when we walked down to Breeze's to check it out, we thought it was a dump (when compared to the Melia). Definitely give Melia a shot next time.

Best wishes to your wife from a fellow educator - I have till 2022 :eek: She's so lucky to be able to cruise during off-peak months. :)

we will most likely try a day pass at the Melia Resort.

Really loving your review and photos. We are sailing this summer on the Fascination out of San Juan and I cannot read enough about this ship! Thanks for taking the time to do this :)

As for the Melia, we stayed there on a land vacation for a week last November and when we walked down to Breeze's to check it out, we thought it was a dump (when compared to the Melia). Definitely give Melia a shot next time.

Best wishes to your wife from a fellow educator - I have till 2022 :eek: She's so lucky to be able to cruise during off-peak months. :)

Thanks for following along! We definitely will give the Melia Resort a shot next time. Will look forward to it!

Patti says July 1st can't come quick enough. Thanks for the well wishes!

we did that island thing many times years ago but it was only about 30 bucks each back then, of course beer and drinks were extra, and the burger or chicken sammich, is ok

now though its like what 60 bucks? or more, if you have faster to the fun, or platinum though you can get plenty of sun and activity there on a hot day, but heck, most times in Nassau unless we have a specific thing we want to do, we stay on the ship, but we've been there like 25 times:eek:

and, when the ship is in port, no crowd, hot tubs relatively empty, they don't blast you with music all day.......

shhh don't tell anybody!:)

Every once in a while we'll stay on the ship when we're in Nassau, but usually as a minimum Patti will walk around Bay St. and I'll head over to Senor Frog's for a couple.

The Carnival Victory is leaving the harbor…..

CF609.JPG

CF610.JPG

All the pier runners are accounted for, so the Carnival Fascination pushes away from the pier…..

CF611.JPG

We are gliding by the Disney Dream…..

CF612.JPG

Here are the bows of the Disney Dream, Disney Magic, and the Majesty of the Seas…..

CF613.JPG

The Disney Dream and the Disney Magic…..

CF614.JPG

To be continued…….

Patti has joined me up on Deck11 as we sailed past some very familiar sights. Here is Senor Frog’s…..

CF615.JPG

The British Colonial Hilton…..

CF616.JPG

Fat Tuesday…..

CF618.JPG

Junkanoo Beach…..

CF619.JPG

We are leaving Nassau behind. Don’t know when we will be back, since our next three cruises don’t stop here…..

CF620.JPG

CF621.JPG

To be continued…..

The Carnival Victory is ahead of us on the port side…..

CF623.JPG

We are now leaving the harbor…..

CF624.JPG

CF626.JPG

The Nassau Pilot Boat comes alongside…..

CF627.JPG

Looking over towards Cable Beach where we were earlier today…..

CF628.JPG

Here is another view of the Carnival Victory…..

CF629.JPG

To be continued…..

Here is a view of the beach side of the Atlantis…..

CF630.JPG

The Disney Dream is following us out of Nassau…..

CF631.JPG

At this point we made our way back to the cabin to relax before dinner. We thought about room service, but since it was less than two hours before dinner, we decided not to. I don’t recall ordering anything from room service the whole cruise, which is strange because I wanted to try some of the for fee items. Anyway, here is the new Room Service Menu…..

CF632.JPG

CF633.JPG

CF634.JPG

CF635.JPG

To be continued……

Edited by Jamman54

Here is tonight’s Dinner Menu…..

CF636.JPG

I started off with the Maryland corn chowder…….

CF637.JPG

Patti started off with the lobster bisque…..

CF638.JPG

Then I had two orders of shrimp cocktail…..

CF639.JPG

Patti had the bacon mac and cheese as an appetizer…..

CF640.JPG

For my main I had the blackened chicken…..

CF641.JPG

To be continued…..

For her main Patti had the fried fish and shrimp…..

CF642.JPG

Here is tonight’s Dessert Menu…..

CF643.JPG

Patti had her usual butter pecan ice cream, while I had the cappuccino pie…..

CF644.JPG

Tonight the waiters danced to “Low, low, low”…..

CF645.JPG

CF646.JPG

CF648.JPG

To be continued…..

Even the Maitre’d Dario was getting into it…..

CF649.JPG

After dinner, Patti made her way back to the cabin, while I went up to play blackjack for a few hours. I made back some of the money that I had lost yesterday, so I was satisfied, and made my way back to the cabin. Here is tonight’s turndown service, plus our invitations to tomorrow’s VIFP party have arrived. Good Night!!

CF650.JPG

CF651.JPG

Coming up next: A really AWESOME sea day!!!

CF346.JPG

Great review so far!! Dying looking at the picture of "corn"bread!!! Carnival's version of cornbread and this Florida Cracker's are two totally different things. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kpatrick74
Typo

CF346.JPG

Great review so far!! Dying looking at the picture of "corn"bread!!! Carnival's version of cornbread and this Florida Cracker's are two totally different things. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading! I laughed when I saw it too! :D

Thanks for the great review. I'm now going to read your previous reviews. Since I have never been on a Carnival ship it's like being there myself. Once again thanks for the great review. (I think I gained weight just looking at the plates of food and dishes at the buffets

Mary Louise

Thanks for the great review. I'm now going to read your previous reviews. Since I have never been on a Carnival ship it's like being there myself. Once again thanks for the great review. (I think I gained weight just looking at the plates of food and dishes at the buffets

Mary Louise

Thanks for reading!! Glad you enjoy them. Still one more segment to post on this one.