Our Fascination Anniversary / Spring Break Getaway Cruise (with pics) - 3/26/16

Jamman54

Great review!

I can't wait for your Autumn cruise review. I hope you have great fall foliage for it.

Question, are the "lobstahs" tail only? I didn't see any claws on the shell plate.

I hope to sail on Elation now that she is coming to Jaxport. I love the idea of an aft pool and the waterslide in the main pool.

Thanks!

I just bumped it up last night....I finished it tonight...

Nobody deserves those Captain meetings more than you guys and you appreciate them so very much...in fact you appreciate everything period and someday would love to cruise with you. Great photos...super wins..I just love it...that picture of Patty and your son with his win on other cruise should go into the same frame.

My youngest sister did special Ed Patty....she gets all the kids that are mainstreamed..and loves them best she can...she does get burned out. Mom said all my sisters {and she even knew some of Niece's skills as she was studying } teach beautifully and very differently. Happily my niece's love is going to be a teacher too...I just think it is a nice life for 2.

How cool you met the family of this Captain...God bless you guys..I was terribly blue tonight and was great to cheer up with end of your review...thanks so very much...you really get to relax and feel the trip with your reviews..it is a great gift to us all...Happy end of April....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thank you for the enjoyable review. I felt like I was there with you. I'll be looking forward to your next one.

Glad to have you along for the ride! See you in September! :)

thank you for your great reviews,,,my husband loves reading all your reviews and now I am hooked too, we will look forward to your sunshine review as we will be sailing on her for the first time this fall also :)

Thank you both for reading. We are really looking forward to sailing on the Sunshine!

Nice review! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much for reading!!

I'm so sad the review is over! The Fascination is my favorite ship, too. Absolutely great review!

We're slowly getting over our PCD, (post cruise depression). Thanks for following along.

Great review!

I can't wait for your Autumn cruise review. I hope you have great fall foliage for it.

Question, are the "lobstahs" tail only? I didn't see any claws on the shell plate.

I hope to sail on Elation now that she is coming to Jaxport. I love the idea of an aft pool and the waterslide in the main pool.

Thanks!

Thanks for coming along for the ride. Yes, the "lobstahs" were tail only. :D

I just bumped it up last night....I finished it tonight...

Nobody deserves those Captain meetings more than you guys and you appreciate them so very much...in fact you appreciate everything period and someday would love to cruise with you. Great photos...super wins..I just love it...that picture of Patty and your son with his win on other cruise should go into the same frame.

My youngest sister did special Ed Patty....she gets all the kids that are mainstreamed..and loves them best she can...she does get burned out. Mom said all my sisters {and she even knew some of Niece's skills as she was studying } teach beautifully and very differently. Happily my niece's love is going to be a teacher too...I just think it is a nice life for 2.

How cool you met the family of this Captain...God bless you guys..I was terribly blue tonight and was great to cheer up with end of your review...thanks so very much...you really get to relax and feel the trip with your reviews..it is a great gift to us all...Happy end of April....Sarah

Thanks for coming along for the ride yet again Sarah!! You are such a sweet person. Patti and I would love to sail with you for real one day!:)

She’s in our picture though…….

CF664.JPG

The officer on the far left looks like Bernie Kopell (Dr. Adam Bricker) AKA "DOC" from the Love Boat

I can see the resemblance, and he sounded a little like him too! :)

Great review again, hurry up and cruise again so I can read your review. Carnival needs to send you and Patti on a different ship ever month so you can write a review.

I like your idea! Perhaps an email blast to Carnival headquarters might work!! :D Thanks for reading!

I, too, am a HUGE fan of your reviews. I'm looking forward to your upcoming cruise reviews on the Sunshine and Pride. Tell Patti to enjoy her retirement from teaching. Planning and taking lots of cruises will be so much fun for you all. I retired last spring after 37 years in the classroom. However, I'm still limited in my cruise dates, because my husband is a teacher (and not yet retired!) Oh well...soon, I hope!

Thanks for doing this excellent review!

I was actually sad seeing all the luggage in hallway photo... :eek:

My daughter and her husband now live in Jacksonville, so my wife and I will have to cruise out of there sometime soon.

Mike

I, too, am a HUGE fan of your reviews. I'm looking forward to your upcoming cruise reviews on the Sunshine and Pride. Tell Patti to enjoy her retirement from teaching. Planning and taking lots of cruises will be so much fun for you all. I retired last spring after 37 years in the classroom. However, I'm still limited in my cruise dates, because my husband is a teacher (and not yet retired!) Oh well...soon, I hope!

Thanks for reading and your kind words! You need to tell your husband that it's time to hang them up. Cruising is MUCH cheaper off peak!! :D

Thanks for doing this excellent review!

I was actually sad seeing all the luggage in hallway photo... :eek:

My daughter and her husband now live in Jacksonville, so my wife and I will have to cruise out of there sometime soon.

Mike

Thanks for reading! Jaxport is a very easy port to sail from, and perfect for the quick get away.

Another great review!!! Thanks for taking the time to share with us!!!

Loved the review and looked forward to your posts everyday. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you both for following along, and glad that you enjoyed it!:)

I was wondering if any of your cruises went to Barbados. I don't know why I always wanted to see this island, but I know my next cruise will be including it.

Will be looking forward to your next review, as I travel with you on your prior reviews

Mary Louise

Thank you for another great review! I've read every one of your reviews and they are fantastic. I don't get to cruise much, so I living a little vicariously through reviews like yours. :D I hope my husband gets the cruise bug when he sails with me for the first time this September. :)

Thank you for another wonderful review! I really enjoyed your (and Patti's) photo tour of Fascination. The southern itinerary out of San Juan is my favorite and I'd love to do it again as there would still so much to see and do. Seeing as how Fascination will be taking over the southern itinerary out of San Juan, we may be sailing on her in the future. So thank you for all those pictures. You are one of the ones who include a lot of great pictures of the ships themselves and that is greatly appreciated. I've seen complaints about an older, smaller ship taking over that itinerary, but from your pictures, she looks like a great ship. I really love her Lido Deck. And speaking of a smaller, older ship out of San Juan...our first cruise in 1992 (honeymoon) was also out of San Juan (3 islands the same, 2 different) on a ship that was much smaller than Fascination...Carnival Festivale. Thank you again for taking the time and I do hope you get a chance to squeeze in another cruise before September.

I was wondering if any of your cruises went to Barbados. I don't know why I always wanted to see this island, but I know my next cruise will be including it.

Will be looking forward to your next review, as I travel with you on your prior reviews

Mary Louise

Thanks so much for reading! I have only been to Barbados once, and that was back in the 80's aboard the Cunard Countess. Would love to go back there again some day.

Thank you for another great review! I've read every one of your reviews and they are fantastic. I don't get to cruise much, so I living a little vicariously through reviews like yours. :D I hope my husband gets the cruise bug when he sails with me for the first time this September. :)

Thanks for coming along for the ride once again. It was great having you. Good luck turning your husband into a cruise addict!!

Thank you for another wonderful review! I really enjoyed your (and Patti's) photo tour of Fascination. The southern itinerary out of San Juan is my favorite and I'd love to do it again as there would still so much to see and do. Seeing as how Fascination will be taking over the southern itinerary out of San Juan, we may be sailing on her in the future. So thank you for all those pictures. You are one of the ones who include a lot of great pictures of the ships themselves and that is greatly appreciated. I've seen complaints about an older, smaller ship taking over that itinerary, but from your pictures, she looks like a great ship. I really love her Lido Deck. And speaking of a smaller, older ship out of San Juan...our first cruise in 1992 (honeymoon) was also out of San Juan (3 islands the same, 2 different) on a ship that was much smaller than Fascination...Carnival Festivale. Thank you again for taking the time and I do hope you get a chance to squeeze in another cruise before September.

Thank you once again for coming along for the ride once again. We love the Fascination, and on a port intensive cruise like the one out of San Juan, the ship really doesn't matter so much. I never sailed on the Festivale, but I do remember seeing her. Everyone forgets that it was the Fascination, when she was brand new, that took over the San Juan intinerary from the Festivale.

Absolutely brilliant live report, thanks for taking time for posting everything :D.

Thank you for following along!

Really enjoyed your review Jamman. Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to your review on your Canada/New England cruise. This (along with Alaska) is also a bucket list cruise for us:). I think I have only ever seen one of these reviews with pics, so I am eagerly anticipating yours:D.