!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-641_zpsqwtgqyxc.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-642_zpsgc7uciis.jpg

Puss in Boots making an appearance. This time around there were much more Dreamworks characters walking around that in our Allure cruise.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-645_zpsq3hphon5.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-647_zpst1ocyo0k.jpg

I get the menus later on.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-648_zpszmasx9tw.jpg

We made it Cats before it started and got a great seat on one of the balconies. Please tell me why people dislike this location? They are almost always open, and the view while far it is really clear without obstacles. Plus, you have your own space with table for your many juicy drinks!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-650_zpso0yjnpbr.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-653_zpsauxyp5of.jpg

What can I say about Cats?

"I want chicken I want liver

Meow Mix Meow Mix

Please Deliver

I want chicken I want liver

Meow Mix Meow Mix

Please Deliver

Meow Mix Meow Mix

Please Deliver

Meow Mix Meow Mix

Please Deliver"

LoLoLoLLoLoLoLLoLoLoLLoLoLoLLoLoLoL

All jokes aside, this is not my type of performance, AT ALL!!! One of the worst shows that i have seen on a cruise ship. Granted, I lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, and half the time I was napping. Mom was the one who told me to leave.

One of our cruise critic roll call members had their show in the production. And that was basically why they booked the cruise, I am sure they were quite proud of him. And I am sure a lot of people enjoyed the show, as that theater was super full. It is after all a famous Broadway production. But it was not for mom and I. I guess you can’t please everyone.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-654_zpsfcoycng6.jpg

Damn, these pics came out really bad. I guess I was too far out, and no tele lens in hand.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-655_zpslc1adapr.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-656_zps3zagydls.jpg

Walking back to the room we decided to take a stroll by central park. I had my drink on hand and really enjoying it. I am not entirely sure what happened, but next thing I know my glass hits the floor and shatters :mad:. Then mom goes, “Be careful someone might get hurt”, I told her back, “Hurt? what about my DRINK?!”. Anyway, a couple of officers walked by and told us not to worry about it, that someone would clean it. So we moved on. Is there ever going to be a cruise when we don’t spill or break something?

Why not pic? Not entirely sure, maybe I am slaking? I think I just forgot in the middle of the commotion of mom freaking out and the officers walking by.

Mom and I decided to go to the jacuzzi for a little while and relax after a very long and pleasant day.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-661_zpssozpdc6c.jpg

A few people taking a dip in the pool.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-662_zpsiumblf9d.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-663_zpse4rdhn12.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-663_zpse4rdhn12.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-664_zpsxc8kv37x.jpg

We must of been there for about an hour or so, and by then we were beat. So off to the room we went.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-678_zpshlqwzpo5.jpg

Once in the room, I ordered a little bit of room service, as if we needed more food :rolleyes:

I love their ordering system.

Here are the room service menus.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-682_zpsz8fkaav9.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-683_zpscbahxv4t.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-684_zps1fklzzxy.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-685_zpsgwxdebiq.jpg

Let's talk internet, WOW, that thing was super fast. This is by far the best internet I’ve had at sea, and nothing else comes close to it. I heard on the RCCL tv channel, that it was due to a partnership with some satellite company. Why aren’t other cruise lines not doing this??????

Anyway, on our cruise they had two options. The slower internet was $10 a day for the first device, and the faster internet was $20 a day for the first device. They offer multiple devices plans and such. The faster internet is needed if you want to stream video, or video chat, or periscope and such.

We purchased the slow one, for one device for the week. In a way I regret not getting the two devices one, mainly because the internet ended up being mom’s internet. I thought I had a internet addiction…. I am not sure what she will do on our upcoming NCL Escape cruise (opppsss did I spill the beans?), because I won’t be paying $290 for the unlimited internet there.

In this case it was only a $45 difference, if I paid for the 2 device one. But we made it work. Just keep in mind that you won’t be able to upgrade from one plan to another. Once you purchase a plan that is your plan. If you want to upgrade, you will be forced to buy a completely different plan. Make your decision wisely, and not with a bunch of drinks on you like I did :D

Here are the plans, available for our sailing. Keep in mind its 9 days.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-687_zpsk4npxvf2.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-688_zpsmcirqpgz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-689_zps6innbwxz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-690_zpsaxzmjkzr.jpg

A beautiful starred ski from our balcony.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-691_zpsu4l85atp.jpg

And that is when we realized that our neighbors smoked. In a way we should have known from earlier, because her voice had that deep smokers tone to it. At this time we did not make much of it, I guess maybe I had my drink on me and having fun. And to be fully honest with you I was not fully aware of the smoking policy on RCCL. I knew it was not allowed on the balcony, but I thought there were exceptions and such. Like I said, at the time I did not make much of it. Let's just leave it at that now.

We were sailing down the Caribbean at around 16 knots.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-693_zps69fmrjta.jpg

Then our food got to the room.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-696_zpstxzsw8yj.jpg

I was not expecting this with smoked salmon, I was super excited when I got it. My favorite, with Brie and all.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-697_zpscgk4gl3w.jpg

Is that a ketchup package? Hint, Hint,

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-698_zps7ptwuufw.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-700_zpsyjjea5af.jpg

We ate while enjoying some tunes, and Futurama???? Muahahahaha, LoL.

I love my cartoons

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-702_zpsbkjsprht.jpg

After that we went to the karaoke. They had a few fun contestants, we stayed there for 30 minutes or so.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-704_zpsta2xhutt.jpg

To be honest, I am not sure how I was still standing. lol :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-705_zpsaaa6mwtr.jpg

This guy was doing FaceTime with someone, the connection was very stable. For that you need the $20 internet.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-706_zpsnnchcarn.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-707_zpswforrhvb.jpg

American Premium ????? LoL :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-716_zpsq517lhbg.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-717_zpsbkrymzpx.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-718_zpsiqocdnzl.jpg

Damn, $19 a day for the soda one. That's a lot of sodas that mom would have to drink to make it worth it. But like I said the premium package is totally worth it, anything over 5 drinks and that's it.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-719_zpse4upn5gg.jpg

The champagne bar was quite quiet by then.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-720_zpsjmb12yc8.jpg

Our room was taking shape. I told mom if she did not get the place nice and neat, I would have to look for a new travel companion (maybe my aunt, while my aunt was on the phone with my mom). She did not care for that joke either, I thought it was funny. Don’t you? :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-723_zpsr2uh7dn1.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-724_zpspghbljvl.jpg

By then I was just out, so we headed to bed.

By the way I love their Dreamwork channel, I just love cartoons =)

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-726_zpsnvxjlwqu.jpg

By the way I used google keep to take notes on this cruise. I used to use Apple Notes, but since I got rid of my iPhone, I started using keep. It is quite effective and it back ups constantly.

I had been a fabulous first day aboard the Oasis of the Seas and we were very grateful to have the opportunity to enjoy this time together.

End Day 1

Wow - you certainly had an action packed day 1!

I have what is probably a very stupid question! Last time on Oasis (Nov 2015) we bought VOOM for one device while onboard. For our sailing leaving this Saturday, there is a 30% off sale so it is only $10.50USD per day so I bought it ahead of time. I assume that is the Surf & Stream one referenced in the photo? I don't remember there being multiple options for type of internet in Nov 2015.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-687_zpsk4npxvf2.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-688_zpsmcirqpgz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-689_zps6innbwxz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-690_zpsaxzmjkzr.jpg

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Having a wonderful time with you so far!!

Quick question, I see a wine of my choice on your menu priced at $14. With a drink package, would I pay $2 out of pocket, or the full price, unable to use the package at all?

You would only have to pay the difference.

Having a wonderful time with you so far!!

Quick question, I see a wine of my choice on your menu priced at $14. With a drink package, would I pay $2 out of pocket, or the full price, unable to use the package at all?

Just in case he does not get to your question, it is $2 out of pocket. You can order anything over the max and just pay the difference.

WOW!! I don't log on to CC for 24 hours and what do I find??? A Gambee Review already on page 6!! :eek: Soooo glad to see you back on the RCI board! I'm all caught up and I'm really looking forward to the remainder of your review. WELCOME BACK!!! :D

]

There were some elderly ladies next to us, so I informed them that it was about to get very loud with us. The last thing that I wanted was to scare them, and or give them a heart attack. Like my anatomy teacher said, if you see a slow driver in Florida, don't honk the horn, just pass them and flip them the bird (I kid you not), it might be an elderly folk and you might cause a big accident.

They were actually soooooo sweet, I loved them. And they were so excited about the horns and seeing everyone waving at us. I am glad I was able to give them that.

It is the little things in life that make it worth being here. Actually, this is one of the reasons why I plan on going into geriatrics, they are a forgotten segment of the population, and I plan to make a difference with what little time I have here.

You are such a kind, loving soul! You are a blessing on so many levels!

Wow - you certainly had an action packed day 1!

I have what is probably a very stupid question! Last time on Oasis (Nov 2015) we bought VOOM for one device while onboard. For our sailing leaving this Saturday, there is a 30% off sale so it is only $10.50USD per day so I bought it ahead of time. I assume that is the Surf & Stream one referenced in the photo? I don't remember there being multiple options for type of internet in Nov 2015.

I was about to ask the same question. I thought Oasis was upgraded with Voom and had one option at $15 a day. The list of different options at different pricing is the first time I'm hearing of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was about to ask the same question. I thought Oasis was upgraded with Voom and had one option at $15 a day. The list of different options at different pricing is the first time I'm hearing of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is also the first I'm hearing of multiple options of internet speed. When I booked my upcoming cruise I received "one VOOM internet package" as a perk. Knowing RCCL they'll probably give me the slow one, and make me pay for the upgrade to the good stuff. Sigh.

BTW, great trip report. I'm loving it. Looking forward to more posts.

I haven't finished reading yet, but I didn't want to miss these comments! Happy Birthday, Gambee!

Happy Birthday my friend! :)

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

Chris, thanks for pointing out Gambee's birthday to us. I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

When is your cruise? I am sure you will have a blast, and I hope to give you as much info as possible. Thank you for your kind words about PT school as my chosen field. Getting accepted is just the beginning, now comes all the hard work to make this happen.

Also, thank you for keeping my uncle in your prayers. Actually, we think he might be able to do a short cruise sometime in June. But nothing is written in stone yet.

I had been waiting very patiently for an Oasis class ship to move to our home port, Port Canaveral. So, we are on the first sailing she will do from there! November 5, 2016! 8 days on Oasis! :D I am already making notes from your review, and you're just getting started!

I'd like to think I have a pretty good feel for what makes someone a good physical therapist as I've been spending a lot of time in physical therapy lately. Since this past June, I have had one hip and both knees replaced. My physical therapists have done wonders in getting me back on my feet and moving again! I'm still working on rehabbing the knees and hoping they will be good to go when we sail on Freedom OTS at the end of May. I'm sure you will find physical therapy a very rewarding career. Lots of hard work, for sure, but seeing your clients recover - priceless!