Not happy

Mr Piano

I have just learned via roll call, the the itinerary of our Baltic cruise in June has been changed. First port of call Zeebrugge is now our last. Which means a 3 days at sea stint after leaving Southampton to Helsinki. I have had no notification, but on checking personaliser found it to be correct. As I explained on roll call we are not happy with 3 days at sea. We rejected another cruise and pick Baltic because other included 3 days at sea. On member of roll call says they had e-mail, I certainly didn't

I have just learned via roll call, the the itinerary of our Baltic cruise in June has been changed. First port of call Zeebrugge is now our last. Which means a 3 days at sea stint after leaving Southampton to Helsinki. I have had no notification, but on checking personaliser found it to be correct. As I explained on roll call we are not happy with 3 days at sea. We rejected another cruise and pick Baltic because other included 3 days at sea. On member of roll call says they had e-mail, I certainly didn't

If you booked with an agent rather than with P&O, maybe the agent received the email and has not yet passed it on to you.

If you have a definite medical reason why three days at sea is impossible, or if you specifically booked it on the written assurance that three days at sea was out of the question, then you may have the right to cancel. But more likely, you just have to accept that these things happen and be glad that it's a pretty trivial change.

But if it has been changed round, wouldn't you have 3 days at sea anyway on the way back? What's wrong with 3 days at sea?

No, it was days at sea 2,1 2. Total 5 now it's 3,1,1 still total 5. It's a matter of personal preference, some people like a lot of sea days other prefer more at shore. I may find 3 days a little monotonous, 2 days was bad enough. We like to be out and about and find no pleasure in lying round a pool all day. One day at sea is a welcome rest, but not three

I have not complained, and agree it is a minor issue. The bonus is once the three days are done the rest will be just one at sea. I won't let it spoil things and looking very much forward to the Baltic

I'm guessing if Zeebrugge is now the final port that the following day you will be back into Southampton? I wouldn't like that as it makes the last day feel a bit rushed with a port stop, packing, dinner etc. I always prefer my last full day to be a sea day, kinda gets me back into going home mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm confused. You have 5 days total at sea whichever way it is done. I'm not so keen on sea days either, whereas my OH loves them, but there are always plenty if things to do.

I can't see the problem.

I'm not sure what part of 3 consecutive days at sea being a bit monotonous, you don't understand. But really you are right not an enormous problem. I shall stop moaning

Dai, if you don't like the ports, there's nothing stopping you staying on the ship. But I'm sure just you're joking ;)

Anyway as I said, it won't spoil our wonderful cruise

I sympathise with 3 port days in a row

We had 3 at the end of our poor Oceana Christmas cruise and it was a killer

If you didn't like quizzes you were stuffed - it was the worst daytime entertainment of any cruise I have been on

I sympathise with 3 port days in a row

We had 3 at the end of our poor Oceana Christmas cruise and it was a killer

If you didn't like quizzes you were stuffed - it was the worst daytime entertainment of any cruise I have been on

I think you mean sea day..not port days ;)

Agree if you don't like quizzes there is not a lot else. I wish they would get better speakers.

Having said that I have watched the films on offer a couple of times..2nd best marigold hotel for the xxx time... or I amuse myself. or read...or play card games....or zzzzz..ooh did I fall asleep:D:D

Edited by the english lady

I think you mean sea day..not port days ;)

Agree if you don't like quizzes there is not a lot else. I wish they would get better speakers.

Having said that I have watched the films on offer a couple of times..2nd best marigold hotel for the xxx time... or I amuse myself. or read...or play card games....or zzzzz..ooh did I fall asleep:D:D

Yes I mean sea days! Thank you

I am envious of the recent cruises that seem to have had a speaker from Bletchley Park - I would have loved that. On the Christmas cruise the only speaker spoke on oceanography - she was clearly very knowledgeable but I sat through her first talk and that was enough for me.

I like a good film - they showed Bridge of Spies and I enjoyed that.

I end up doing too much dozing so felt lethargic all the time

I remember my first P&O Xmas cruise on Adonia - only about 5 years ago. There was so much more to do. Now it's all quizzes and spa talks.

From what I read and what I have seen on Celebrity other lines seem to have much more to do on sea days

It is interesting to hear that many people complain there is not enough to do on sea days.....

Unless the weather is bad, there are other things to do than being inside....deck quoits & shuffleboard spring to mind to start with. They are both sociable and good fun and you don't have to play just when there is an organised event. The equipment is there all the time. It has always surprised me the small numbers of people who join in these events!

It is interesting to hear that many people complain there is not enough to do on sea days.....

Unless the weather is bad, there are other things to do than being inside....deck quoits & shuffleboard spring to mind to start with. They are both sociable and good fun and you don't have to play just when there is an organised event. The equipment is there all the time. It has always surprised me the small numbers of people who join in these events!

We enjoy sea days (and were not should we would!) But I do find the daytime activities unexciting -mostly thinly disguised sales pitches or quizzes. However we have had a couple of good speakers we've been to and by the time we've had a wander round, caught a film, had lunch, indulged in some people watching and reading the day has gone by! Perhaps we are just good at amusing ourselves!

I'm glad it not just me who think P&O need to up the ante on sea days. Which was my original gripe regarding an unexpected 3 days at sea. Sunbathing is not a likely option on Baltic cruise, so I will be sales pitched to death at the end of 3 days

I'm glad it not just me who think P&O need to up the ante on sea days. Which was my original gripe regarding an unexpected 3 days at sea. Sunbathing is not a likely option on Baltic cruise, so I will be sales pitched to death at the end of 3 days

Do you not mean that there are not things to do on a sea day that you like? Because there are loads of things in the Horizon and the vast majority not anything to do with selling. There are at least 6/7 things starting every hour. Personally I don't do very much at all on our last long cruise we had excellent speakers, morning and afternoon. For the first time I have gone to all the series of talks by two of the speakers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well Dai

I've dug out a random Horizon from January 3rd and to be fair there is more to do than I recall - though very little I would want to do

e.g.

10am Dance Class

10am Body Sculpt Boot Camp

10 am Church service

10 Youth sports (5 to 8 years)

10 am Non hosted Bridge

10am Travelling alone Get together

Of these I am not eligible for youth sports or travelling alone get together

I am not religious so church service holds no interest

Bridge would be of interest - but I am a beginner and P&O have stopped the lessons on most cruises - big shame

I would kill myself on the boot camp

Dance Classes - I might watch

That morning I did watch a film before lunch - Bridge of Spies - the only film that appealed all cruise.

I avoided the Quizzes - I went to one and the female entertainment officer screeched down the microphone with one of the worst Liverpool accents I have heard in a long time so we lasted 5 minutes

There was shuffleboard and quoits later in the morning and maybe I should consider these - but it was a cold wild January day in the Bay of Biscay so it didn't appeal

Fast forward to mid afternoon

At 2am there was more quoits, shuffleboard and also cricket - again didn't appeal. Perhaps on a sunny day when you want to be outside - not in January

More quizzes

At 3pm - only 1 choice - a quiz

At 4pm Yoga, Football on TV, Table Tennis and Bingo

So maybe I am too fussy

I do read blogs of cruisers on other ships with great speakers. I would love cooking demos and competitions which happen on Celebrity. Adonia used to do plays on sea days -- they were great.

On Adonis we also did a play reading which was great fun

I would love organised games like Scrabble etc

Bring back bridge and whist tuition

Cunard seem to have a book group - don't know how it works but I would love that

Whats wrong with some question and answers sessions with officers about their jobs - have had this on Celebrity and it was great

Bring back crafts - where you can make something - e.g. jewellery making - no-one minds paying for the materials

So maybe I am over fussy

But I look at the Horizon on sea days and thank God for my Kindle