Bumper cars and big ball that goes over ship questions

It says there will be 30 bumper cars running on certain times. Are the times day and night? Is there a charge to ride in bumper cars? 2 per car? Long wait lines? Same for the big ball you get in and it swings over the ship. How many can ride in the ball and what does it cost? And the skydiving box tube. Is there a charge for it? and wait time? And is flow rider same as other ships. You sign waiver and get in line to wait your turn and it is free?

It says there will be 30 bumper cars running on certain times. Are the times day and night? Is there a charge to ride in bumper cars? 2 per car? Long wait lines? Same for the big ball you get in and it swings over the ship. How many can ride in the ball and what does it cost? And the skydiving box tube. Is there a charge for it? and wait time? And is flow rider same as other ships. You sign waiver and get in line to wait your turn and it is free?

I assume that you are asking about the Anthem of the Seas.

To see the times that Bumper Cars are open, see this thread:

22 days of Anthem Cruise Compasses Jan 15 to Feb 6

One per car, no charge, there can be long waits, depending on the demographics on your cruise and which day of your cruise.

The "big ball" is the NorthStar, and you can make reservations or go "standby". I believe that the capacity is 13. No charge. You stand.

The "skydiving tube" is called iFly and you need reservations for that. No charge.

Flowrider functions the same way on Anthem as on other ships.

The bumper car line goes pretty fast, yes you can double up and young children at least 5 must ride with parent. You must be 8 to ride alone. Usually 12 cars are in service at one time, and the ride is about 3 minutes.

Flowrider on Anthem costs about $65 and you can reserve it with Northstar, free, IFly, free, 3 shows , free and dinners, free and specialty, for a fee on your cruise planner. Sign up for the puzzle room on board, also free.

The bumper car line goes pretty fast, yes you can double up and young children at least 5 must ride with parent. You must be 8 to ride alone. Usually 12 cars are in service at one time, and the ride is about 3 minutes.

Flowrider on Anthem costs about $65 and you can reserve it with Northstar, free, IFly, free, 3 shows , free and dinners, free and specialty, for a fee on your cruise planner. Sign up for the puzzle room on board, also free.

There is only a charge for the flowrider if you pay for private lessons. No charge to USE it.

Flowrider on Anthem costs about $65 and you can reserve ...

According to what I read elsewhere, the Flowrider is free and requires no reservation. Just wait on line. It's a private 1 hour Flowrider lesson that costs, and must be reserved.

Edited by hapster85

Yes, the only charge for Flowrider is when you reserve an hour for your own use or instruction. Not sure of Anthems cost for that, but reports on Allure were much pricier than stated here.

Thanks everyone, I saw it listed in our planner for $65. Did not know it was free without instruction :eek: I can understand the cost for reserving it for an hour. We watched people getting banged up pretty well, but two guys were trying to help keep the riders centered. No one stood up.

Thanks everyone, I saw it listed in our planner for $65. Did not know it was free without instruction :eek: I can understand the cost for reserving it for an hour. We watched people getting banged up pretty well, but two guys were trying to help keep the riders centered. No one stood up.

They would have to shut the Flow riders down and remove them if they charged $65 for a 5 second ride! Yes the $65 fee is for a private lesson by reservations only. Most first timers just go for it. Warning: Bathing suits (male and female) may be removed by the Flowrider and others will be watching you.

Edited by F5Loar

It's listed on ours as $69. Probably because of the date. Regardless, I'll be a spectator for this one. Something tells me a one hour lesson just isn't going to be enough. Lol

Edited by hapster85

T Warning: Bathing suits (male and female) may be removed by the Flowrider and others will be watching you.

I think some of the spectators go there just for that - there's usually one wardrobe malfunction in every crowd. Ladies, I don't care how well fitting that bikini is, the Flowrider water jet will pull it off - wear a shirt over it.:cool:

Flowrider costs money? $65 even!

Then it costs money on all the other ships then I assume?

Horrible misinformation. :rolleyes:

It costs to take lessons or to have the flowrider to a small group. I think $300 per hour or so.

JC

They would have to shut the Flow riders down and remove them if they charged $65 for a 5 second ride! Yes the $65 fee is for a private lesson by reservations only. Most first timers just go for it. Warning: Bathing suits (male and female) may be removed by the Flowrider and others will be watching you.

I have spent way too many hours watching and riding the flowrider, and I have never seen a catastrophic flowrider wardrobe failure.

I do recommend a rash guard top and board shorts and a bikini would probably be subject to a major malfunction...

JC

I have spent way too many hours watching and riding the flowrider, and I have never seen a catastrophic flowrider wardrobe failure.

I do recommend a rash guard top and board shorts and a bikini would probably be subject to a major malfunction...

JC

You just contradicted yourself.

On our planner there was nothing in print that the Flow rider was free, just a booking button for $65 .

If I see Chops at $ 40, I do not know that the appitizers are free.

Most "turns" on the Flow Rider were about 15 minutes.

95% of riders that we witnessed had clothing malfunctions mainly plumber's butt, or way worse.:eek: not including tomorrow's bruises.

My DH is a former surfer from the 60's, and as he is in his 60's he saw no reason to break his neck just to show off.:D

You just contradicted yourself.

On our planner there was nothing in print that the Flow rider was free, just a booking button for $65 .

If I see Chops at $ 40, I do not know that the appitizers are free.

Most "turns" on the Flow Rider were about 15 minutes.

95% of riders that we witnessed had clothing malfunctions mainly plumber's butt, or way worse.:eek: not including tomorrow's bruises.

My DH is a former surfer from the 60's, and as he is in his 60's he saw no reason to break his neck just to show off.:D

Not really contradicted. I was giving advice. Most people that show up at the flowrider do not need my advice. Those that wear string bikinis, rare, but I have seen it. I have yet to see a serious wardrobe malfunction, and I spend every day in line for a minimum of 2 hours and occassionally 5 or 6 hours.:cool:

All appetizers and sides are included. I have been told there are some special steaks that are additional. Haven't been to chops since 2014, those additional steaks didn't exist. If they do exist I would guess they are ultra premium cuts such as Kobe or Wagu.

Turns on the flowrider vary significantly from sailing to sailing, I.E. The number of people on a spring break or summer cruise are significantly different to a transatlantic in October or November. One cruise a TA there were about 10 people total that did advanced stand-up. On another cruise during spring break last year, there might be 30 people or more in line for stand-up. Some ships have a session called advanced stand-up, usually first hour in the morning on those ships, usually there are no more than 6 or 7 people. I only fall when I try to fall, i.e. Try to do something I am not good at. I could just go back and forth turning on the wave until I get too tired to control the board. Usually I will surf for about one minute, then I will try to do something beyond my skill level and will go from 10 seconds to another minute. I have videoed raw every single moment while I am there, and when I edited all of the dead time of people loading or recovering the board, my beginners take about a minute to load and find they board and clear the wave. On their first ride they will hold the hand of the person there for about 20 seconds before they are let go when they will surf for 5 seconds to 15 seconds (on average). They usually get a couple of tries the first time, That said, when a good surfer is surfing it takes about 1 to 2 minutes, when a rookie it is a bit less but with very little surfing.

:cool:

I am not a surfer and I am 57 and I have flowrided with people as old as 80. One of the best is Pez and he is probably pushing 70. So, your hubby should reconsider. On the other side, I loved flowrider surfing so I took lessons to do actual surfing a few years ago in Costa Rica for a couple of hard days. Real surfing is harder (due to getting out and then actually catching a wave). That said the similarities between the two are not all that significant. My guess is hubby will quickly not be showing off because it is harder to balance on the small flow board. The wave is a trampoline, and while it is not comfortable everytime falling, I have not seen a single broken neck.:D

JC

• 1 year later...
I think some of the spectators go there just for that - there's usually one wardrobe malfunction in every crowd. Ladies, I don't care how well fitting that bikini is, the Flowrider water jet will pull it off - wear a shirt over it.:cool:

I just got off the Navigator of The Seas..witnessed it happen to a man...he was a 40 something yr old and all was going well..he even did a few tricks but he was unsteady and when he laid back down after going up on his knees...his bathing suit completely ripped off of him...not only that he veered off to the side and came sliding to the bottom without his shorts on...and it was croweded lol....the lifeguard retrieved his shorts from the top and he was struggling to put on a wet bathing suit while lying down...thankfully someone threw him a towel..but not after everyone saw him completely naked!!