50 years, Liberty of the Seas, May 1

This is a 50th wedding anniversary celebration for my husband and I. We will be on the Liberty of the Seas, leaving Galveston on May 1, 2016, going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica. Any info you can share that we should know would be welcome.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on your 50th anniversary!

You may want to let your travel agent or Royal Caribbean know you're celebrating an anniversary. They will record the special occasion in your cruise reservation information and recognize it onboard in some way such as a special dessert and song in the main dining room one evening.

You might also want to order some room decorations for yourselves via Royal Gifts & Gear:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/

There is a basic package and a deluxe package for anniversary decorations.

If you want to learn more about the ship, some of the recent reviews of Liberty on these boards (following its January 2016 dry-dock) are quite informative and include many photos.

We did the LOS a few weeks ago. However we were on the Roatan/Belize route. The ship is great and the crew was better. Sorry I'm not much help on the shore excursions.

I guess we did go to cozumel, however we did a snorkeling tour that took us out to Playa Del Carmen on the Waterjet. Our next Cruise stops in cozumel and we will just get over to Playa ourselves because they have great shopping and restaurants right there at the water taxi station.

We are going in June, so no help with excursions. We are looking forward to them (Nachi Cocum, Cozumel; Nativeway Watersports, Grand Caymen; Peat Taylor Tours, Falmouth) but will not know specifics to recommend.

BUT WOW, 50 years!!! That is simply amazing! Only 22 years and counting here, it is so nice to hear others celebrating marriage milestones. I hope you have a wonderful trip to add to your life of memories together.:)

Edited by BLAMBKY

Congratulations on 50 years. We are going on May 29th sailing for 25th anniversary. Planning on doing snorkeling and stingray tour in Grand Cayman and a semi sub tour in Cozumel. I didn't find anything of interest in Falmouth because most things are so far from port so we plan on winging it there.

As far as celebrating, when we booked our agent at RCI asked about any celebrations and said they would do something special on the night of our anniversary in the dining room (as mentioned probably a special dessert).

Remember you can take 2 bottles of wine or champagne onboard as well.

We will be on the May 29th sailing as well. My husband, 11 year old daughter and myself. Taking a Junior suite this time (first time ever with a balcony), so I'm super excited to spend each morning with my caffeine and a good book on the balcony while the hubby and daughter sleep in as they always like to do.

I'm on this ship, this itinerary right now...have questions? Just ask!

And happy early anniversary!

Please let us know if you see them selling drink cards at some point, what day, and the price. Thanks!:)

Congrats! We are on the Liberty the week before. Make sure to waive as we are getting off. Make sure to attend the Love & Marriage show. Arrive early and tell them you are celebrating your 50th!

I'm on this ship, this itinerary right now...have questions? Just ask!
Get off CC and go over and offer a helping hand with Tidal Wave. LoL

Please let us know if you see them selling drink cards at some point, what day, and the price. Thanks!:)

This! Debating drink packages. Being Diamond we would take advantage of the free evening drinks and use drink punch cards other times.

Congrats! We are on the Liberty the week before. Make sure to waive as we are getting off. Make sure to attend the Love & Marriage show. Arrive early and tell them you are celebrating your 50th!

Get off CC and go over and offer a helping hand with Tidal Wave. LoL

This! Debating drink packages. Being Diamond we would take advantage of the free evening drinks and use drink punch cards other times.

Yes they started offering them on day five

And I wish! Booked for a year from today. Hoping it's working by then lol

Day 5, 10 for $67 I believe. I'm on a PP drink package so I didn't pay close attention to price

This is a 50th wedding anniversary celebration for my husband and I. We will be on the Liberty of the Seas, leaving Galveston on May 1, 2016, going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica. Any info you can share that we should know would be welcome.

I have no advise, but wanted to congratulate you on your anniversary! I hope you enjoy a wonderful celebration :)

Wow! Congrats on your anniversary. My husband and I are celebrating our 15th on our cruise next month[emoji4] It would be helpful giving advice if you can give info on what kinds of things you're interested in, i.e- shopping, beach days, snorkeling, etc. Again, congrats!!

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

:)Thank you so much. We have been blessed to have each other!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well, that little smile didn't work out too well! Just know I smiled!