MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

There is a drop off fee if you rent from one airport & leave car at another. They don't always tell you that [emoji57]

Actually Florida is one state where they generally do not charge a one way fee. And Kim stated she double checked that before booking. Could be a fuel charge or just an honest to goodness bogus charge.

Kim, I really enjoy your reviews. I can't imagine how much time and effort you devote to them, and it really shows, so thank you and keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually Florida is one state where they generally do not charge a one way fee.

Maybe so but I have paid it twice - once from Orlando leaving the car in Jacksonville and once from FLL to Jax - maybe it was the distance involved for me.

Actually Florida is one state where they generally do not charge a one way fee. And Kim stated she double checked that before booking. Could be a fuel charge or just an honest to goodness bogus charge.

Kim, I really enjoy your reviews. I can't imagine how much time and effort you devote to them, and it really shows, so thank you and keep up the good work!

They do have a one way charge at some car rentals. I'm in Orlando and was thinking of renting a car instead of parking for a week for our cruise out of Miami but the one way fee alone was around $85.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok, just wanted to finish up our day at FLL at the Museum, in case anyone is interested in going if they have a late flight. Most is just going to be pictures, so that you can see what the place has.

They opened up at 12 noon and in we went to look around.

P4031697%20copy-L.jpg

P4031563%20copy-L.jpg

P4031564%20copy-L.jpg

P4031565%20copy-L.jpg

P4031566%20copy-L.jpg

P4031568%20copy-L.jpg

P4031570%20copy-L.jpg

P4031571%20copy-L.jpg

P4031586%20copy-L.jpg

P4031587%20copy-L.jpg

One thing that did disturb me is that a lot of the tanks were really dirty and the water was cloudy and I couldn't get good pictures. Then there was a tank that the fish looked like they had some type of disease with marks on them.

P4031590%20copy-L.jpg

P4031589%20copy-L.jpg

In case you want to have a farm when you grow up. Picking oranges

P4031600%20copy-L.jpg

Once you pick them, they go on an assembly line and up to the store where it's dumped and the empty crate comes back for more picking.

P4031601%20copy-L.jpg

P4031602%20copy-L.jpg

The "Earth" section, learn about tornados, tidal waves, trash, recycling and so on.

P4031607%20copy-L.jpg

P4031610%20copy-L.jpg

P4031606%20copy-L.jpg

P4031643%20copy-L.jpg

SPACE and PLANES/FLIGHT

P4031649%20copy-L.jpg

Go on a trip to outer space, this was a simulated ride.

P4031652%20copy-L.jpg

Daddy is not taking flight any time too soon with that cruise belly he has obtained over the last few years.

P4031654%20copy-L.jpg

P4031653%20copy-L.jpg

P4031658%20copy-L.jpg

This area took up most of our time. It was very frustrating. LOL You get a card and you have to go around to different sections and do "puzzles". If you figured out the puzzle, you got a clue. You had to gather several clues and go to a vault and dial in what you think it was and if they vault opened up...you move on to the next area. Now the things it had in this area are all brain teasers or puzzles you had to figure out. I have to admit, a lot of them were hard and my brain was hurting my the end of the day. LOL

P4031673%20copy-L.jpg

P4031682%20copy-L.jpg

P4031675%20copy-L.jpg

We decided to take a break and get some lunch. There's a Subway that is in the same building and that's where we decided to go.

P4031677%20copy-L.jpg

I don't know how they do things down in Florida, but see this guy with the dog? Him and his dog were eating inside of the restaurant in Subway. Do they allow animals in the restaurants in Florida? It was weird. I guess he could have been a medical dog. But I don't think so because he was just off walking around and doing his own thing and people were petting him and I always thought you shouldn't pet a "working dog". So I'm clueless.

IMG_4030%20copy-L.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

It was a good way to kill the day and give Sakari something to do instead of just sitting around at the airport waiting for our flight that evening. This place closed around 6pm, but we were done before that even though we took our time.

There is also an Imax 3D movie theater (it cost extra) and I would have loved to have gone, but there wasn't really anything that we wanted to see (Jungle Book was coming out, but they didn't have it yet).

Also, within the Museum there are several different types of simulation rides, but they cost extra money. I believe most were around $5 pp to do and I just couldn't justify a $15 admission plus $5 for each ride on top of that. Nope, no way.

Within the same "circle" complex at the entrance, they also had a gift shop. Sakari had her eye on a lizard (from seeing all the lizards walking around the place outside the building) and wanted it for her souvenir.

She was trying to convince this lizard to be it's friend. None of the lizards were having it and would scurry off when she got to close of course.

P4031699%20copy-L.jpg

We hung out for awhile on the wall around the building, by the street, and listened to the music. They were having some type of activity across the street (like a ribs fest of something) and there were tons of people over there.

Then we decided to head back to the car. Here's the parking garage directly across the street.

P4031698%20copy-L.jpg

Our little turbo chevy

P4031700%20copy-L.jpg

We still had a little bit of time to kill, so the hubby decided to start looking up other skate shops on the way back to the airport and we were stopping and checking them out. He's always trying to get ideas for his store.

We made it back to the airport, dropped off the car, got charged some outrageous amounts, and headed over to the airport to wait out the rest of the day. We really didn't have much of a wait once we checked our luggage in, got our tickets, security and then found our gate.

We made it home safely around a little after midnight and it was a LONG day!

You should be fine just taking a cab. Our problem was the big group and organization. Grabbing a car on my own is what I'll do in the future.

I spoke with a friend who went to Cockleshell when at St Kitts and he said they just grabbed a cab right outside the port area and when the guy dropped them off he said that they didnt pay until he returned to get them at their requested time so he made sure he was picked up and knew who to look for. That sounds pretty reasonable but seems awful trusting on their part! Im assuming they dont ALL do that!

I bet you were happy when you got you luggage back & were able to Sakari into a decent clean outfit. ;)

It's too bad about that fish tank not being in better condition. That must have been a let down, especially since you just came back from where you could see those fish healthy & in their natural environment. However, that aside, it looks like a really nice & fun museum. I love how much interactive stuff they have there.

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ just got back from my Serenade of the Seas & NCL Sky cruises so am only on page 23 of your amazing, as usual, review. Loving the pictures from Grand Turk!

Did you ever try the Moscato wine? I bought a bottle for $5 at Winn Dixie & drank it over the 10 day cruise. Me likey, you?

Looking forward to your next adventure, anything planned yet?

~ Jo ~ :)

I have enjoyed your TR immensely. Having sailed the Breeze 3x I always love checking out others pictures and stories. I too am a "Buckeye" so I feel a kinship to you. For future reference you should try to BID on a car rental thru the famous bidding site we all see advertised on TV It's the ONLY way I rent a car the last 4 or 5 years now. We usually have at least 4 of us heavy packers and a wheelchair so I always get a mini-van. Just as an example our last Chrysler mini-van was right around $40 total for a whole day and one-way drop off. Picked it up at MIA and dropped at FLL. Once I even had a full-size car for $25. total. Thats just my 2 cents worth of advice for you or any other travelers.