MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

Awesome review Kim, really appreciate the time and effort you put in to your reviews! Getting me really excited for mine....31 days!! I just got a new computer, so should be good to go with my review when i get back. Glad you made it home safe!

I just moved out to Colorado from Pittsburgh by the way, i used to work in Ohio 3 days/week (used to work in the oil and gas industry). Zanesville was the furthest west i would go for work but my cousin lives in Dublin, so been to Columbus a few times.

Thanks again!

Kim, Really enjoyed reading your review. Sakari is beyond cute and she seems to be quite the creative little girl. I bet you have to keep yourself from spoiling her too much! Good luck with your eye surgery. Eager to hear when you will be taking your next cruise and which cruise line and ship.

Kim, you've been on my mind a lot since you posted about your surgery today. I'm guessing by the time you read this, you will have already had it done. I truly hope it went well. I have been keeping you in my prayers.

Thank-you so much for your review. I have enjoyed it thoroughly. :)

Finally got a chance to read your review & I enjoyed it. You went to three of my favorite ports & two ports I hope to visit someday. I'm sailing on the Breeze the week of Halloween.

Hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Your daughter is so beautiful. Loved her mermaid costumes.

Congrats on going for your BSN. Good luck with your studies. My sister is planning on starting in a program in the fall in which she will transition from LPN to RN. She is usually the person I cruise with when I do not go solo but will not be able to until she completes her studies. Told her when she got her RN she gets to pick the cruise we go on.

Hope your eye surgery went well today. Ive been sending positive healing thoughts yoir way.

My DH saw that I'd been searching for mermaid tails on the computer and was wondering what that was all about. He had no idea what I meant about mermaid tails, so I pulled up a couple of pictures of Sakari in her new blue tail. He thought she was really cute! :D I also showed him some of your pictures of Little Divi since we may very well end up going there in the not too distant future.

We do not normally allow dogs in restaurants in Florida, so I don't know what was going on with the dog you saw in Subway. There are some places that allow dogs on oitdoor terraces, but when they do the dogs are required to be on a leash, not running around on their own.

My thoughts on the extra charge on your rental car - tourist tax. That is especially true if an airport pick up or retrun is involved. Most of the car companies do not charge extra to rent at one place and return at another, but I believe that a few of them might.

So we drove to FLL and we had made plans to go to the Museum of Discovery for the day. We have a place here something like this (called COSI-Center of Science and Industry) and Sakari loves in there. We figured this was something like it.

IMG_4029%20copy-L.jpg

Silly me I was looking at the pictures before I read what museum you were going to, the picture looks like museum of disco lol! I was like wow I didn't know there was disco museum and that Kim loves disco that much!:p but seriously that museum looked like lots of fun, thanks for another awesome review!

Kim,

Loved your review as always. We're headed out tomorrow to go on the Breakaway to Bermuda.

Was Essencia on the Breeze for your cruise? They were totally awesome last October and the atrium would get mobbed with everyone trying to catch their performances:

Wishing you all the best with your eye surgery and for a speedy recovery!

I hope your eye surgery went according to plans with no complications and you are resting comfortably this evening.

If you ever decide to do a land trip instead of a cruise we all will want you to post a review comparing cruises to resorts so you can still post it on CC.

Do you want a lot of Face Book friends? I would love to have you for a friend. Carol Silhan Cayce

Well, here I am....sigh...one eyed Kim. Just call me a Pirate...argh! (Don't tell Sakari though). :D

Surgery went well....well at least that's what they said at my check up yesterday. All I can say is "I got nuttin!" That's what my vision looks like...nuttin! It's so blurry and I feel as if I have a fog over the eye. Very annoying! Hours after the procedure I.was.in.h3ll. That's the only way to put it. They tell you to go home and sleep for 4-6 hours and then religiously start putting all these prescription drops in your eyes around the clock. Sleep??? Who are they kidding? Who can sleep when they feel like someone just poured kerosene in their eye and lit it on fire? I had the worse migraine I think I have experienced in years. I took Aleve, I took some Ibuprofen 800mg, I tried a hot shower, I try some cold compresses...I just thought life was over.

Somewhere along the line, I did manage to get some sleep and woke up to the most annoying blurry/foggy vision with the feeling of someone had thrown sand in my eye. Did I go to the beach in my dream and not remember? Was this the result of my beach escape? Ugh!

Day 2 yesterday was a little more bearable with the burning sensation subsiding for the most part....but bring on more sand in the eye, full force!

Today, still blurry and foggy with the feeling of several annoying eyelashes in my eyes. So I guess better? My right eye is working over time trying to compensate for not being able to see out of my left. They "say" day 3 will be the worst yet. We'll see (well, actually we won't see) LOL I'm glad I'm laughing at this...someone has to.

So, now I'm going to attempt to read some of the comments I have missed and entertain myself on the boards until I can't take no-more. :D

Forgive me if I miss any comments. I don't mean to, but honestly don't know where I left off with them from before. :p

Kim! Just an FYI. There is a Furrie Cruise scheduled on the Escape for November 5, 2016. I bet Sakari would love that!

Oh my gosh, I just found out about this. I really wish we could be on that cruise! However, my Epic cruise is scheduled for Nov 12 (hubbys birthday), so I don't think we would be able to do both at this point. Darnit!

Congrats at finishing your report. Looking forward to your overall thoughts!!

Thanks and I guess I didn't actually do an "overall thought" yet did I? Ooops.

I spoke with a friend who went to Cockleshell when at St Kitts and he said they just grabbed a cab right outside the port area and when the guy dropped them off he said that they didnt pay until he returned to get them at their requested time so he made sure he was picked up and knew who to look for. That sounds pretty reasonable but seems awful trusting on their part! Im assuming they dont ALL do that!

Yea, that's what I'll do next time for sure!

I bet you were happy when you got you luggage back & were able to Sakari into a decent clean outfit. ;)

It's too bad about that fish tank not being in better condition. That must have been a let down, especially since you just came back from where you could see those fish healthy & in their natural environment. However, that aside, it looks like a really nice & fun museum. I love how much interactive stuff they have there.

Oh so happy when we were able to get our luggage and get her into something that was clean.

Yea, it was definitely a good way to spend the day killing time instead of hanging out at the airport all day.

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ just got back from my Serenade of the Seas & NCL Sky cruises so am only on page 23 of your amazing, as usual, review. Loving the pictures from Grand Turk!

Did you ever try the Moscato wine? I bought a bottle for $5 at Winn Dixie & drank it over the 10 day cruise. Me likey, you?

Looking forward to your next adventure, anything planned yet?

~ Jo ~ :)

I had tried Moscato prior to cruising, last summer, and didn't care for it. It still had that bitter taste. :(

The only thing we have planned at the moment is our Epic cruise in November. We plan on doing something in July/Aug, just not sure what yet. It might be a land vacation.

Thank you for this and all of your other well written reviews! I have read all or most of your reviews & your attention to detail & the photos are awesome, not to mention helpful! Thank you!!!!

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate it and glad you enjoy them.

I have enjoyed your TR immensely. Having sailed the Breeze 3x I always love checking out others pictures and stories. I too am a "Buckeye" so I feel a kinship to you. For future reference you should try to BID on a car rental thru the famous bidding site we all see advertised on TV It's the ONLY way I rent a car the last 4 or 5 years now. We usually have at least 4 of us heavy packers and a wheelchair so I always get a mini-van. Just as an example our last Chrysler mini-van was right around $40 total for a whole day and one-way drop off. Picked it up at MIA and dropped at FLL. Once I even had a full-size car for $25. total. Thats just my 2 cents worth of advice for you or any other travelers.

Well hello there Buckeye! I guess I didn't realize that you could bid on car rental too. This is the first time we had ever needed a car. I'll keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for the info.

Awesome review Kim, really appreciate the time and effort you put in to your reviews! Getting me really excited for mine....31 days!! I just got a new computer, so should be good to go with my review when i get back. Glad you made it home safe!

I just moved out to Colorado from Pittsburgh by the way, i used to work in Ohio 3 days/week (used to work in the oil and gas industry). Zanesville was the furthest west i would go for work but my cousin lives in Dublin, so been to Columbus a few times.

Thanks again!

Hi there and thanks for your comments. I hope you have a wonderful cruise and good luck with the review. They are a lot of work.

I hate Ohio (and Columbus) and wish I could move from here. It's just so hard to pick up and go though. Especially with having kids here. I'd have to talk them all into coming along. :D

Kim, Really enjoyed reading your review. Sakari is beyond cute and she seems to be quite the creative little girl. I bet you have to keep yourself from spoiling her too much! Good luck with your eye surgery. Eager to hear when you will be taking your next cruise and which cruise line and ship.

Aww thanks so much. She is very creative for sure.

Not sure which cruise will be next. We have the Epic booked for November but want to do something in July/August.

Hi Kim! Awesome review!!!

Skate shop as in Skateboard shop?

It started out as a skate shop ...as in aggressive skates in 2009, since he's a skater. Then we expanded to skateboards, bmx bikes, longboards, snowboards, wakeboards and scooters about 2-3 years ago :D Just google Bakerzied and it should come up to his website. :)

Kim

I hope all goes well for you today. Will be thinking of you & sending healing prayers!:cool::p

Thanks so much.

Hope everything goes smoothly today and you have a quick recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. It feels like it's going to take forever to heal with this one.

Kim, you've been on my mind a lot since you posted about your surgery today. I'm guessing by the time you read this, you will have already had it done. I truly hope it went well. I have been keeping you in my prayers.

Thank-you so much for your review. I have enjoyed it thoroughly. :)

Aww that's so sweet. Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

I know I'm super late, I am just reading this from the beginning but enjoying it already. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you and better late than never. :)