MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

I'm a friendly person. I really am. I'll talk to anyone. But I am a tad bit shy sometimes and usually never make the first move unless the opportunity really presents itself. BUT.... I do not like to share a table with strangers. Never have, never will. (Now I'm not saying if I've met you on the cruise and we're like "Hey, let's go grab a bite to eat at the MDR", then you are not considered a stranger.) These people never said one word to us the entire time. You get the occasional glances over and your eyes meet and you think "OMG, I hope they didn't think I was starring at them" look back. Very uncomfortable. This is something that I totally hated when cruising back in the 80's and 90's = Being forced to eat with people I don't know. I enjoy our meals and it's usually an opportunity to sit and discuss things, make plans, talk about private things, enjoy each others company, reflect on the day...not within the ears reach of others to overhear. Then now I have people putting their fingers on the food that I am to eat. Sigh! I knew it was a bad idea.

Kim

If you were seated with us at the MDR, we would become cruise mates instantly. We always made friends with our table mates on all of our cruises.

• 2 months later...
WEDNESDAY-ST KITTS

This will be our first time in St Kitts and I found plenty of options I was interested in. We were in port from 10am-8pm and I was super excited.

Our roll call had someone that arranged a group "tour" with the main attraction being transportation to Cockleshell Beach/Reggae Beach. Since this was one of the places on my "list", I jumped right on this tour with everyone else, hoping to save some money. With this tour, they would pick you up in either an open air bus or enclosed, tour you around Basseterre and tell you a little about the history (everyone knows I don't do "tours" but this was just a little driving by it and telling you things along the way type of tour-no stopping). Then there would be a stop at the top of Timothy Hill for 10 minutes to get pictures. Then on to Reggae Beach where they would have a reserved chair, umbrella and complimentary drink waiting on you. Then it included your ride back to the port, with the options of 2 different times to leave (early and late). This was booked using PEREIRA TOURS and the cost was $15pp. It sounded like a great deal to me and we went for it.

Of course, I know just from trying to get "my group" of kids and grand-kids together on any particular cruise...is quite the challenge. Our group to Reggae consisted of about 108 people. Yikes! I really wondered how it would go and several times I felt as if I should just pull out of this group tour. I mean was it really worth saving a few bucks on a taxi ride? We'd soon see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm not even sure what time we got up today, but I do know I received my normal wake up call. Today's wake up call is brought to you by the pans and pots hockey team who will be playing right above your room for the next few hours. We have arranged a smelly aroma to the players field for your enjoyment and to enhance your senses. We want to make sure you get up on time...:D

So outside I went to check out the situation. It looked as if we were here and smelled as if someone took out the trash and placed it on my balcony. Let's all hold our noses while I get some pictures.

P3290656%20copy-L.jpg

Yep, it pretty much looked like all those other "St." islands we've been to.

P3290659%20copy-L.jpg

P3290662%20copy-L.jpg

P3290663%20copy-L.jpg

We had company

IMG_3988%20copy-L.jpg

Do you know of (have heard of) any other tour companies doing this same tour that you can recommend?

Do you know of (have heard of) any other tour companies doing this same tour that you can recommend?

No, I have not heard any mention of anyone else doing this particular tour. This seems to be the place that others around here recommend (or if they did suggest it back when I was doing my research, others were more convincing with pictures and that's why I went with them :D).

Is there a reason you want to do this tour but don't want to use the same tour guide? :confused:

• 2 months later...
The bathrooms

P3280141%20copy-L.jpg

Beside the restroom, they had a pool. It looked like they had dug it out a bit and built a deck around it and it appeared to be an above ground pool. I didn't see anyone in it, but I'm sure it was reserved for guest as well.

P3280146%20copy-L.jpg

P3280142%20copy-L.jpg

Area's around the place were reserved for "guest"

P3280143%20copy-L.jpg

The patio was super nice and I believe this is the area that I have seen in pictures stating that you can see the whales from here if you watch.

P3280148%20copy-L.jpg

P3280147%20copy-L.jpg

Can you please tell me what beach or resort this is at in Grand Turk?

It looks beautiful. We are trying to find a beach to go to while in GT next month.

This looks perfect.

Thank you,

Mitsugirly, Thanks for the great review of the Breeze. I think I would like to sail on her one day. I read your review on the Fascination several months ago and I was looking for it again yesterday and came upon this one. We sail the Fascination in Nov and I am making a list of some of the beaches you visited. I think that there are several we will go to also. Thanks for both reviews as they are very helpful in my research.--Happy sailing, Louise

Can you please tell me what beach or resort this is at in Grand Turk?

It looks beautiful. We are trying to find a beach to go to while in GT next month.

This looks perfect.

Thank you' date='[/quote']

This is located at BOHIO. :)

I love your reviews! I just saw this one today, but I'm about to leave work so I'll pick back up tomorrow to read all about your adventures!

All I can say is...good luck. ;p I get a little "winded" with my reviews and they take awhile to read. I'm glad you enjoy them. I'm about to start a new one as well. :D

Mitsugirly, Thanks for the great review of the Breeze. I think I would like to sail on her one day. I read your review on the Fascination several months ago and I was looking for it again yesterday and came upon this one. We sail the Fascination in Nov and I am making a list of some of the beaches you visited. I think that there are several we will go to also. Thanks for both reviews as they are very helpful in my research.--Happy sailing, Louise

She is my favorite so far of the fleet. I just loved the Breeze! Loved the Fascination as well with the port intensive itinerary. It was my favorite vacation to date! I was actually considering the Fascination for November this year (again). I could just do that itinerary over and over. My super duper favorite yet!

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

N, O, P, Q, R, S ;p

OMG!!! How did I miss this review before it grew to 46 pages:eek:

Anywho, Gotta wait and circle back to read it all. I know it'll be a great one.

Crew.

Oh Wait, this is from last year! Sorry.

LOL Crew. It's not a new one. BUT....I just returned home from the Conquest...and I'm getting ready to start another one! :')

• 2 months later...

Love all your reviews! Anytime I decide to book a cruise I look to see if you have reviewed the ship! Just booked the Breeze in December. It goes to Belize and mahogany bay. Enjoyed all your pictures of the breeze. I am looking for the review where you went to little French key. I remember reading it a while back but can't remember what ship. And also didn't you cave tube in Belize? Was that the same review? Thanks for what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Love all your reviews! Anytime I decide to book a cruise I look to see if you have reviewed the ship! Just booked the Breeze in December. It goes to Belize and mahogany bay. Enjoyed all your pictures of the breeze. I am looking for the review where you went to little French key. I remember reading it a while back but can't remember what ship. And also didn't you cave tube in Belize? Was that the same review? Thanks for what you do.

If you expand my signature below this post, you'll find the sections that you can click on for each port. There should be several under the Roatan section for LFK and in Belize, you'll find 2 reviews where we did cave tubing.

If you are looking for that specific (entire) review to see what ship it was on (but not sure that's what you are looking for since you only probably only need the review on those places and not the actual ship) then once you click on the port review, then just look up at the top and see what my caption is for the review (which will have the ships name in it). :)

I hope that helps. If not, just let me know and I'll individually post the links.

If you expand my signature below this post, you'll find the sections that you can click on for each port. There should be several under the Roatan section for LFK and in Belize, you'll find 2 reviews where we did cave tubing.

If you are looking for that specific (entire) review to see what ship it was on (but not sure that's what you are looking for since you only probably only need the review on those places and not the actual ship) then once you click on the port review, then just look up at the top and see what my caption is for the review (which will have the ships name in it). :)

I hope that helps. If not, just let me know and I'll individually post the links.

Thanks so much! This is what I needed.

• 2 months later...
Thank you. Was it a good map? My son and girlfriend are renting a golf cart and I want them to make

sure they stop at all of the good spots.

From what I can remember, it was decent. I mean...it was a map. :D What I did, prior to going there, is pulled up google earth and "took a look around". I studied the streets and various places along the way and which way I wanted to go. That way I was ready when I got there and had a good idea which way I wanted to head to and things I wanted to see.

It's a very easy island to get around on and so many friendly people there. If you ever get lost (or think you might get lost), you can ask someone and they will point you in the right direction. :)