Elite embarkation

debut

If they are adults traveling in a seperate stateroom, they MAY have to wait for tender tickets. Depends on ship, how many elites, and person at gangway. I know they should be allowed to board with you, if you plan on using an elite waiting area, not sure

If they are children they can join you at Elite checkin, the Elite embarkation lounge, Elite boarding and tendering.

If they are adults in their own cabin, they can join you at the Elite checkin. Beyond that, you can join them in the regular embarkation lounge and boarding.

Can my husband check in with me tomorrow or does he have to go separately, since I am Elite and he is not yet? I guess I will tell him that I will meet him on board [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can my husband check in with me tomorrow or does he have to go separately, since I am Elite and he is not yet? I guess I will tell him that I will meet him on board [emoji23]

As long as you are in the same cabin he can join you [emoji2] That is if you want him too [emoji848]

Yes, unless you feel the need for a few minutes peace. Then you can send him to the other line. :)

So they can board with us but not come in the elite waiting area, hey that is good enough!

Has anyone sailed on Diamond around Japan? Any major difference on board?

Thanks

No - you can board with them from the regular boarding area because they may not go into the elite, suite area with you. You are not stating if these are really children or adults so my answer is based on their being adults.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Our son and DIL were allowed to join us the Elite/Platinum louge and boarded with as well.
That will depend upon the port and cruise. In San Pedro, the enclosed lounge with snacks and beverages is often just for Elite passengers while there is a separate roped off area for Platinum passengers. At check-in you are given one Elite boarding pass or one Platinum boarding pass or one general boarding group and that is only good for passengers in that cabin. On a cruise early last year, only Elites (and those in the same cabin) were only allowed in the Elite area and only Platinum (and those in the same cabin or Elites) were allowed in the Platinum area. They we checking boarding cards in both areas.

For several reasons when we bring either of our DS and DIL along, we book the two cabins in our names with our DS in one and our DIL in the other. Thus no problem with the elite lounge etc. I can understand though with the elite lounge becoming over filled their limiting who gets in.

Do you officially change names in cabin once you board or just get extra keys for room.

We are doing that,bringing two grandsons and putting one in the room with each of us.Don't know if they would take away our elite privileges,like mini bar and loyalty and shareholders if we changed names in the cabins.The boys are old enough to be a cabin by themselves,which we plan to do.Their parents will also be next door to them.

Do you officially change names in cabin once you board or just get extra keys for room.

We are doing that,bringing two grandsons and putting one in the room with each of us.Don't know if they would take away our elite privileges,like mini bar and loyalty and shareholders if we changed names in the cabins.The boys are old enough to be a cabin by themselves,which we plan to do.Their parents will also be next door to them.

We have our son and DIL with us on the first leg of the cruise and booked the rooms in our names. Will be interested in the replies to your query.

:)

Thanks for that. Actually, it was the Princess rep who suggested booking cabins in our names so both rooms would have a reduced deposit, mini bar set up etc. I don't feel bad about following her advice, they must do it all the time. I can't say that I would have thought to have done it otherwise. Not really interested in scamming the laundry set up but when I was elite and my husband wasn't, I put our laundry out and they did not charge for clothing that plainly was not mine! It didn't occur to me to put it in a separate bag, my bad. I just didn't think about it at the time. We are both elite now, so it doesn't matter.

So looking forward to this cruise. We try to fit one in each year but this retirement gig is quite full on and we sometimes don't find the time! Lady M 👑