Birthday cake only?

Delmb

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase just a birthday cake to be brought out at dinner or do I have to purchase the full birthday package? I can only find birthday package online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase just a birthday cake to be brought out at dinner or do I have to purchase the full birthday package? I can only find birthday package online.

We have purchased a birthday cake before, without having to buy any package, though it was a couple of years ago. I would call Gifts & Gear directly, rather than dealing with the website: 800-722-5443.

yes you can purchase a cake in advance-- or you can also make arrangements on board which will be easier if you want the cake delivered to your dining table (as opposed to your cabin which is the default if you order online)

We have also purchased the cake on board but they brought it out with the rest of the desserts we ordered, and we were all so full, not much of it got eaten. If you tell your waiter you are celebrating a birthday, the will dress up an evening dessert menu item with an edible "happy birthday" piece of chocolate, and include a candle!

I posted this on a similar thread yesterday. Here is what it says on the RCL website. I have read that the cake is now $16.95.

Food & Beverage: [Royal Caribbean Page]

Q: Are Special Occasion Cakes available?

A: We offer Birthday, Anniversary and Special Occasion Cakes fleet-wide for a nominal fee.

There are two types of cakes available: chocolate sponge cake with chocolate butter cream or vanilla sponge cake with vanilla butter cream, both are decorated with flowers on the left side of the cake. These cakes are 6" round and serve 2-10 people. The name (or names) will be written on the cake with a candle placed on top. A minimum of 6 hours advance notice is required. All cakes that are ordered by 12 noon will be served that evening in the main dining room.

The cake will be charged to your Seapass® card or credit card upon request at time of ordering the cake onboard the ship.

If you don't want to purchase a whole cake, just tell your Main Dining Room waiter about the special occasion and who it's for. Our waiters will sing a birthday / anniversary song - with a slice of cake (based on the daily cake offerings for that evening) and a candle prior to serving you the dinner dessert, free of charge.

We ordered 2 birthday cakes for my twins who turned 6 last week on Liberty. I went to guest services to place the order. They were $20 each and they wrote Happy Birthday with each girls name with a candle and it was delivered to the table. The cake was actually pretty good. There was way more than enough for 8 of us and we could take the leftovers back to our room. We had too much left over but it was better than hearing them upset that they had to share a cake.

We ordered 2 birthday cakes for my twins who turned 6 last week on Liberty. I went to guest services to place the order. They were $20 each and they wrote Happy Birthday with each girls name with a candle and it was delivered to the table. The cake was actually pretty good. There was way more than enough for 8 of us and we could take the leftovers back to our room. We had too much left over but it was better than hearing them upset that they had to share a cake.

inflation! :eek:

Just tell your server that your celebrating a birthday, they will bring out whatever the person orders for dessert with a candle and all sing happy birthday. No one needs a whole cake.

Speak for yourself..we did not need a whole cake. We shared it with our wait staff... it was a nice treat for them and they certainly appreciated it.. The cake is actually good... we were well pleased with it. Best $16.95 we spent on the cruise really.... it made our daughter happy, made us happy, and made our servers happy too! Cant beat that

glad we did not pay for them! On my 50th birthday a few years back, we brought a quarter of a really GOOD coconut cake from a Ft. Lauderdale store on Oasis. My friend had purchased it for 4 of us to share prior to our embarkation, we left half with her. It was in a Tupperware container and the folks at security were salivating over it.

Edited by Bookish Angel

I was going to order myself a cake as I'm celebrating my birthday on my upcoming Med/Venice cruise, but they appear to have changed it from when I first looked at them and it was a CAKE to this thing wrapped in a decorated white chocolate (ICK) sheet with stuff that looks like nuts and other nastiness that doesn't belong on or in cakes on top.

Now I'm thinking cupcakes or strawberries and champagne.

Where are ye able to see the cake option on the website? I can't seemed to find any other other than the packages which include decorations

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app