Hotel in Seattle

Bookworm1985

Hello cruisers! I am not sure the best place to ask this...Next year, I am going to Alaska on the Carnival Legend. We are going to fly in a day early for my peace of mind. What are the best hotels? I see a bunch near by to the port, but I am hoping to find one that possibly does shuttles both to/from the airport as well as the port. Any suggestions? Last time we went to Alaska, we left from Vancouver.

I don't think there are any hotels that have a shuttles to the pier (there MIGHT be, but I never found any when I was searching) and I believe only hotels by the airport have shuttles from there.

The airport is about 30 minutes south of downtown Seattle so you won't find a hotel that offers a shuttle.

Pier 91 is about 10 minutes north of downtown so just ask the hotel to get you a cab, $20 or use Uber/Lyfft.

Seattle hotels are very expensive which is why many people choose to stay near the airport.

"best hotels" ? All the major chains are represented downtown if you have points to use. I suggest you use a search site like expedia and find a few places that interest you then post to the West Coast forum for feedback on your choices.

The Seattle forum of tripadvisor has an excellent artlcle for cruisers under Top Questions.

We are staying at "The Inn"

We were able to add an airport pickup via towncar to our reservation.

It cost us 50 Bucks!

The Inn at the Market is a lovely place to stay. Be sure to enjoy the roof top terrace ... fabulous views of the city, sound and Olympic Mtns.

The towncar service at the airport is STILA, $45 flat fare to downtown,

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

Make sure you know the price of your room on the date you want to be there. Back in February we were looking for a room in the middle of May. The price showing in February was $99.00 the price for the same room in May was $199.00.

Make sure you know the price of your room on the date you want to be there. Back in February we were looking for a room in the middle of May. The price showing in February was $99.00 the price for the same room in May was $199.00.

The hotels are very aware when the cruisers come to town...

We are staying at the Quality Inn SeaTac in August. The price is $130.00 (refundable) and they have a free airport shuttle and a free breakfast. We will use the Seattle Express transportation to get us from the hotel to the pier for $15.00pp. They also pick up from the pier to take you to the airport upon disembarkation. If you google the transportation service, they have a list of hotels that they pick up from.;)

We are staying at the Quality Inn SeaTac in August. The price is $130.00 (refundable) and they have a free airport shuttle and a free breakfast. We will use the Seattle Express transportation to get us from the hotel to the pier for $15.00pp. They also pick up from the pier to take you to the airport upon disembarkation. If you google the transportation service, they have a list of hotels that they pick up from.;)

The Sleep Inn and Hampton Inns near SeaTac are well reviewed by cruise pax. ( Cedarbrook Lodge also, but higher priced). Nearly all the airport hotels have a free shuttle to/from the airport.

If you have time for sightseeing, just have the driver drop you at the Light Rail station outside the airport .... the light rail trains leave every 10 minutes or so, and it's $3pp for the 40 minute ride to Westlake in the downtown core. From Westlake you can catch the monorail to the Space Needle or you can walk 3 blocks to the Pike Place Market.

Check Fairfield Inn by Marriott by Sea-Tac. They have a cruise package. They pick up at the airport - take you to the port - pick you back up at the port and bring you back to the hotel where you can take the hotel shuttle to the airport.

There are so many choices for hotels. I would suggest TripAdvisor for seeing all that there is to offer and then narrowing it down from there.

We have used the light rail system and like it. We have used it from the airport to Downtown Seattle and THEN we LOVE AJ at SeaTac...

A towncar service that I can't say enough about...

I highly recommend SeaTac Towncar Services while in Seattle. AJ is so nice, I know, because we have used him a few times for transportation needs while in Seattle. His number is (206) 697-5577. He is happy to give you a quote over the phone, he has a towncar that seats 4 comfortably that I think is $55 from the airport to Pier 91 or $45 to Pier 66 downtown...also hotels downtown. He has a SUV Chevy Suburban that is $65 from airport to Pier 91. I also think he has a 10 passenger van that is $12 per person (minimum 7 people). We have had him pick us up from Pioneer Square and also downtown Seattle for about $25 and was ALWAYS on time, friendly, and great competitive prices. Here is his website that I just looked up. www.seatactowncar.com You will be happy you gave him your business Hope this helps you and others looking for transportation reviews. Enjoy whatever you do and hello from San Diego!

I have cruised to Alaska twice out of Seattle. I have stayed at The Hotel Sorrento and the Sheraton (easy walk to Pike Place Market). Both hotels are very nice. We took a taxi to and from airport and to Pier 91. Easy peasy.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn City Center. They had a shuttle service that came there and picked up cruise passengers. It was not run by the hotel but they serviced them. I suggest calling the hotels local number and asking if there is a shuttle.