Earned 3* Mariner Status

summer slope

We earned our 3* Mariner status on our recent cruise and they delivered the pins to our cabin. Quite the surprise to not have to wait.
They've been doing it that way for about a year now ... guess you haven't been paying close attention to posts here. :)

Edited by jtl513

Congratulations! We have never received any pins at all from HAL and I earned 3* on our recent March cruise. My husband has been 3* for awhile but never received his pin and my children who are 2* have never received theirs. Guess I will have to make a call to the Mariner Society.

Congratulations! We have never received any pins at all from HAL and I earned 3* on our recent March cruise. My husband has been 3* for awhile but never received his pin and my children who are 2* have never received theirs. Guess I will have to make a call to the Mariner Society.

We had to write (email) the Mariner Society to get our 4* pins. We received our medallions on board, but no pins. It's possible that there's something in our file about keeping sharp objects away from us.*

9eJ0iGZ7Ms8

*From "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" 1988

Edited by POA1

We also had never received our 2-star pins earned in Nov 2015. I emailed HAL recently and they had them in the mail to us in a couple of days!!

We didn't get 3 Star pins.

And after we made it to the first medallion level, on our next cruise I had to request them and they were delayed so we didn't get invited to the ceremony... which is the only part that really matters, IMO.

The medallions were delivered to our room 2 days after the ceremony, so now I have these bulky medallions and no pins... and a long way to go before we make the next level on either system. DH said he couldn't care less, I was disappointed. But lots more cruising to look forward to :)

Oh well, maybe it's good they dropped their Signature of Excellence motto, had trouble living up to it in so many ways.

I still maintain that "It's hard to have a bad day on a cruise ship!" m--

Edited by RMLincoln

We moved up from 2-star to 3-star in the middle of a 26 day Med/TA cruise on the Zuiderdam last October. We went way over the 100 day level, 7 days into the cruise, without the on-board spending credits. we got nothing while on-board, and, 5 months later, we haven't received anything from HAL's Mariner Society. Not even the magazine. I guess it's time for a phone call.

We, too, will move from 3* to 4* about 6 days into our cruise. While we only have one booking number, it is really two 12 day B2B cruises. Since we're in a Neptune Suite, we do plan on asking the concierge if it is possible to at least get the wine package discount on the second part of the cruise. Has anyone had any luck with that?

Same here. I just needed a few days so it was completed before I disembarked. My online profile and emails all shoes 3 star within a few days of getting home, but I had to email Mariners Society for the pin 2 months later.