Blu

LA_CA_GAL

Just booked our first cruise on Celebrity.

Going to Bermuda out of Bayonne in June.

Doing my research, and find out that having Aqua class "entitles" us to Blu.:confused:

OK. Just what is that all about?

Any other advice for a first timer on Celebrity would also be appreciated.

It is an excellent dining room for Aqua Class passengers only (suite guests are let in also). Opened for both lunch and dinner, it is a small venue holding 50-70 guests only (never really counted people in Blu!). Open seating and a very personal dining experience.

Blu is the restaurant solely for Aqua class passengers (and suite passengers on space available basis).. They serve breakfast and dinner with open seating/times.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-blu

Some browsing on the Celebrity website might be in order...EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Sailing in an Aquaclass stateroom means that your main dining room is in the restaurant called Blu as opposed to the main main dining room.

The food in Blu is generally lighter & cleaner than the main dining room, there's usually enough choice & you can order more than 1 appetiser & entree but I probably think that eating in Blu won't put on your typical cruise pounds! :)

You also get access to the Persian Garden spa so you have access to sauna, steam room, cold room & heated lounges.

First, there is NO lunch served in Blu. Only breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is real good, especially the tableside prepared muesli.

There are fewer choices at dinner than the MDR but you will find something. Many are tables for 2.

As mentioned, Aqua class allows you to use the Persian Gardens.

To add to the above:

LOVE Blueberry smoothies at Breakfast! They are to die for!

We dine later and always had (14 night cruise) a table for two by the window - it was always very private and truly intimate dining -

Breakfast - tables for two also, but I guess more chatty - and after 14 days guests are familiar with one another - but not intrusive -

The only reason I would choose Aquaclass is Blu.

In my opinion, dining in Blu is the main reason for booking Aqua.

It is my favorite dining venue on the ship!

Will always try to book Aqua from now on.

We never made it to breakfast, but ate almost every dinner of our two week cruise in Blu

First, there is NO lunch served in Blu. Only breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is real good, especially the tableside prepared muesli.

There are fewer choices at dinner than the MDR but you will find something. Many are tables for 2.

As mentioned, Aqua class allows you to use the Persian Gardens.

Table side prepared muesli is no more in Blu. Per my last cruise on Equinox from 3/25, US Public Health regulations forbid uncovered dishes for preparing food in a carpeted environment due to the potential for bacteria.

Just a little more info....

Some people love Blu, others not so much.

Breakfast is very good there. As a suite passenger, we have eaten that meal there several times, but never dinner, I'm not a fan of the menu.

You can view the menu each day for Blu and if nothing is to your liking, you can speak to the Maitre D' who will arrange for you to dine that particular evening in Select Dining of the main dining room.

Table side prepared muesli is no more in Blu. Per my last cruise on Equinox from 3/25, US Public Health regulations forbid uncovered dishes for preparing food in a carpeted environment due to the potential for bacteria.

Makes me wonder about a foreign registered ship in a non USA Country.

We are currently on board and eating in Blu for the first time. We find the service wonderful and we like that it is not as crowded as the main dinning room. BUT we are not loving the food. It is not bad, just not my taste. We have never had a problem with the MDR, so we are comparing this venue to that and right now we are leaning towards MDR.

I love the shower in Aqua, but if the price difference is high, I would not take Aqua over a standard Veranda.

We were booked originally in a Veranda and were able to upgrade to Aqua for $40 more for the cabin. So we decided to try it. At one point it was going for $500 for the cabin more and my husband said not to upgrade. For $40 okay

I had heard that as well. However, on the Reflection, I had it prepared for me 3 times in the Blu dining room at breakfast. It was real good.

On the Summit in June, if you are lucky, your sommelier in Blu will be Elvis. He his very friendly and entertaining and provides excellent advices for wine pairing with your meals.

For us, Blu is the main advantage of Aqua Class; the atmosphere in the restaurant is much more quiet and cozy than in the main dining room.

If you are in the new cabins on deck 11, the balconies are smaller (except for the 5 aft cabins who have huge ones) and have almost no roof for sun and rain protection. Aqua cabins on deck 9 have a large overhang on top of the balconies: lees sun but more comfortable when it's warm. Balconies on deck 9 also have foot stools like in Concierge class. Also better showers and toiletries in Aqua class.

Literally just off Infinity ( on Mon) and they were serving tableside muesli every day at breakfast. We love Aqua - mainly for Blu, but also the shower and bathroom. We have never gone hungry in Blu + if there is nothing that takes your fancy on the menu, you can ask for the Main dining one and order from that. Tthe Maitre d' was at pains to re-assure people that it wasn't a problem.

Another plus for us - the welcome bottle of bubbly and the welcome water. Bit aggrieved that we no longer get this on a daily basis but ........

Did a back-to-back on the Reflection back in March and found that we preferred Blu to Luminae for breakfast. Seems to be a little more "laid back" and a better selection (at least for me) on yhebmenu. Dinner - it was out "go-to" place if the Luminae menu did not appeal... Mac

It is an excellent dining room for Aqua Class passengers only (suite guests are let in also). Opened for both lunch and dinner, it is a small venue holding 50-70 guests only (never really counted people in Blu!). Open seating and a very personal dining experience.

Open for breakfist and dinner.It is not open for lunch.

Just booked our first cruise on Celebrity.

Going to Bermuda out of Bayonne in June.

Doing my research, and find out that having Aqua class "entitles" us to Blu.:confused:

OK. Just what is that all about?

Any other advice for a first timer on Celebrity would also be appreciated.

I am also in Blu a couple weeks before you and have been in Blu a number of Times. Celebrity really needs to change the wording on the dining AQ entitles you to Blu, it is very poorly worded. Blu is your assigned dining room and you do not have an assigned seat in the MDR although you can usually eat in the MDR if you wish. Most people don't care to since iMHO, Blu is much better. Also, no matter what your reservation states, Blu is anytime dining every night, go whenever you wish, you will get a letter in your stateroom the first night asking you to go a particular night but you can just ignore it, they're just trying to organize things a bit. Enjoy yourself.

Edited by dkjretired

Literally just off Infinity ( on Mon) and they were serving tableside muesli every day at breakfast.

Glad to hear it. I can only report what we were told, both in Blu the first morning, and by the hotel manager at the CC meet & greet. It wouldn't be the first time Celebrity has a different interpretation of their own "rules" across different ships :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Glad to hear it. I can only report what we were told, both in Blu the first morning, and by the hotel manager at the CC meet & greet. It wouldn't be the first time Celebrity has a different interpretation of their own "rules" across different ships :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cruisers from Luminae were having breakfast in Blu due to "more choices "and "better atmosphere." Also, they told me that there was no tableside breakfast in Luminae.

just returned from my first celebrity cruise on equinox. i love blu! i ate all my dinners, except three, and all my breakfasts there. the service is wonderful and it's not as crowded feeling nor as noisy as the mdr. there is a wide variety of entrees at dinnertime. i would think there is something for everyone's taste. and by the way, if you see something on the mdr menue, they will serve it to you in blu. for example, i loved the mdr french onion soup and asked for it in blu. i ate very healthy meals, most of the time. and returned home weighing less than when i departed. you should love blue because the waiters and waitresses really care about giving great service.

On the Summit in June, if you are lucky, your sommelier in Blu will be Elvis. He his very friendly and entertaining and provides excellent advices for wine pairing with your meals.

For us, Blu is the main advantage of Aqua Class; the atmosphere in the restaurant is much more quiet and cozy than in the main dining room.

If you are in the new cabins on deck 11, the balconies are smaller (except for the 5 aft cabins who have huge ones) and have almost no roof for sun and rain protection. Aqua cabins on deck 9 have a large overhang on top of the balconies: lees sun but more comfortable when it's warm. Balconies on deck 9 also have foot stools like in Concierge class. Also better showers and toiletries in Aqua class.

Sadly, Elvyas is no longer with X. He left the ship when we disembarked in Bayonne after our NE/Canada cruise. He has gone back to school to pursue a higher education as a Sommolier. His wife works in the jewelry store on the Summit and is a lovely, supportive wife. He will probably end up a some very high end hotel when he's finished with his studies.