Escape 7pm sail time..muster?..dinner?

trmom2

Just wondering if anyone has sailed at this time. What time is the muster drill? Are dinner venues open before sailng or open later than usual?

I can just envision thousands of people trying to get dinner after sailing and every venue packed. I have cruised over 30 times and never set sail this late so any experience with this would be appreciated.

I've often found it interesting when my muster station is in a dining room that there are dishes set on the tables - plates, silverware, glasses, etc. I wouldn't want to show up for dinner right after that when strangers have been fingering my utensils. Why do the ships do this? Isn't that a lot of dishes that need to be cleared off tables and washed before dinner service, or do they just leave them all sitting there?

When I called the pre concierge about this I was told Muster would be at 4:30 and dinner will go on as normal. People who boarded after the muster will have a make up the next day. But lets be honest the info we get from calling is not always accurate. So time will tell.

Oh and I have always wondered about the place settings myself. Does Escape Muster in any of the dinning rooms?

When I called the pre concierge about this I was told Muster would be at 4:30 and dinner will go on as normal. People who boarded after the muster will have a make up the next day. But lets be honest the info we get from calling is not always accurate. So time will tell.

Oh and I have always wondered about the place settings myself. Does Escape Muster in any of the dinning rooms?

Yep, we did on the TA (and also on Getaway and Epic, for that matter.)

Just wondering if anyone has sailed at this time. What time is the muster drill? Are dinner venues open before sailng or open later than usual?

I can just envision thousands of people trying to get dinner after sailing and every venue packed. I have cruised over 30 times and never set sail this late so any experience with this would be appreciated.

The 7pm departure starts with the May 7 sailing, which I will be on. NCL CS said muster time was really up to the ship. I would have to assume a 4-4:30 muster and another in the morning for those arriving later.

Just out of curiosity.....does anyone know why the ship is departing so late? Will this be the normal departure time for Escape in the future or is it for a particular reason this time? I will be on an Escape 7 pm departure sailing next month.

Just out of curiosity.....does anyone know why the ship is departing so late? Will this be the normal departure time for Escape in the future or is it for a particular reason this time? I will be on an Escape 7 pm departure sailing next month.

The press release/announcement from NCL said that they wish to allow passengers a less stressful, more worry free embarkation day including the travel arrangements to get to the port.

The letter we got says

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Escape's 7-day Eastern Caribbean sailings departing from Miami from May 7, 2016 through July 16, 2016 and from September 3, 2016 through December 31, 2016. Guest booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We have made a change to the ship's itinerary and she will now depart from Miami at 7:00 p.m. instead of the previously communicated time of 4:00 p.m. We invite you to board the ship at your regularly scheduled time and begin enjoying all the exciting amenities Norwegian Escape has to offer.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look forward to welcoming you on board Norwegian Escape.

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks everyone. It makes sense that muster is early in case someone wants to eat dinner early. I sail on the Escape on May 14 so I will post what the schedule is when I get back if someone hasn't posted before that. I actually liked that they changed the sailing to later as we have to fly in the same day as sailing so will have plenty of time in case of any delays.

I called NCL and I was told that the drill will take place at 5:00 and for those who have not boarded the ship by 5:00 will have to attend a makeup session the next morning. This makes total sense as all the restaurants start to open at 5:30.

We're on the May 14th sailing which will be the second week of the 7:00 departure and we can't wait!!!

I called NCL and I was told that the drill will take place at 5:00 and for those who have not boarded the ship by 5:00 will have to attend a makeup session the next morning. This makes total sense as all the restaurants start to open at 5:30.

We're on the May 14th sailing which will be the second week of the 7:00 departure and we can't wait!!!

Note to self: Do NOT eat at 5:30 when all the slimy hands have been all over the silverware and other dishes. Disgusting.

FYI, when I was on the Getaway last August and just last month, they had all of the tables covered so that people would not touch the place settings. Can't stop obnoxious people from being obnoxious, but hopefully that puts some minds at ease. I would assume they would do this on the Escape as well, but who knows.

I had also heard that they switched to the 7pm departure due to the increase in European guests...flights from Europe usually land in Miami late afternoon, thus allowing them to arrive day of departure.

FYI, when I was on the Getaway last August and just last month, they had all of the tables covered so that people would not touch the place settings. Can't stop obnoxious people from being obnoxious, but hopefully that puts some minds at ease. I would assume they would do this on the Escape as well, but who knows.
Great news. My last 3 cruises I've mustered in a dining room, including this past October, and nothing was covered.

I hope this isn't true. We have 5:15 reservations at Teppanyaki.

I've often found it interesting when my muster station is in a dining room that there are dishes set on the tables - plates, silverware, glasses, etc. I wouldn't want to show up for dinner right after that when strangers have been fingering my utensils. Why do the ships do this? Isn't that a lot of dishes that need to be cleared off tables and washed before dinner service, or do they just leave them all sitting there?

Nasty.

I know this is not the reason for the 7 PM departure, BUT, how much City of Miami and State of Florida sales tax will be collected from about noon to approximately 7:45 pm when the ship is "out of the sales tax zone"!!! A $10 drink will create about 60 cents in tax (I assume 6% tax) . If 3000 people have 3 drinks during that time period then that would create $5400 in NEW taxes. Multiply by how many sailings!! Let's rise salaries for city and state employees!!!

I wonder if the Port of Miami/Customs employees are working later as well. I was on the Getaway last September when she did not depart until midnight. However, people who arrived at the port after 5 pm could not get into the building since they were closed and the Customs people had gone home.

It would make sense that they expect everyone on board by 5:00 if the POM/Customs closes then.

On the May 7th sailing too... It seems like a bunch of people have mentioned that earlier sailings were delayed due to heavy winds, so i'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with it, but it is interesting..

I don't care, we are planning on being at the port by 11 and boarding early cause we are Haven and the vacation starts then, doesn't matter if we are sitting in port or not to me.. :)

Hi .. we just booked Escape for the September 10th 2016 sailing. I had read somewhere that the departure from Miami would be later although the itinerary still states 4 pm. It's good to have this verified although we will be on the ship long before 7 pm! :)

Hi .. we just booked Escape for the September 10th 2016 sailing. I had read somewhere that the departure from Miami would be later although the itinerary still states 4 pm. It's good to have this verified although we will be on the ship long before 7 pm! :)

Is it still happening for the September sailings? For some reason, I thought it was just this summer.