Byos

dakrewser

After reading about so many people who bring aboard cases of wine because they can't find anything drinkable in the hundreds of wines on HAL's wine lists; and after reading about how the quality of the steaks - even in the PG - have gone downhill, I'm thinking of Bringing My Own Steaks on my next cruise.

I'll bet if I "pre-tip" the cooks in the Lido they'll grill up my beef just the way I like it. And I could probably replenish my stock in each port along the way.

Is there a Costco near Port Everglades?

I'll bring my own steaks as well.

But I do have to admit that only once in the Pinnacle on our recent cruise, DH got a bad filet. Mine were all great.

My porterhouse on Oosterdam in October was almost un-cuttable, very tough. It didn't help that the knife seemed inadequate also. I VERY VERY rarely EVER complain about food and did not complain about this either but I saw a post recently where another cruiser experienced the same thing and the steward brought him a new knife with out even being asked! Now that's good service! :)

After reading about so many people who bring aboard cases of wine because they can't find anything drinkable in the hundreds of wines on HAL's wine lists; and after reading about how the quality of the steaks - even in the PG - have gone downhill, I'm thinking of Bringing My Own Steaks on my next cruise.

I'll bet if I "pre-tip" the cooks in the Lido they'll grill up my beef just the way I like it. And I could probably replenish my stock in each port along the way.

You know the more cow you buy, the cheaper it is per pound. Maybe you should think about taking orders from other pax and combining it to get a discount. I'm sure HAL won't mind, we could offer them a little something ($$$) for the use of their coolers, grills, and chefs. Let us know, we sure like our beef on a cruise. Cheers! :D

Why should you bother with 'pre-tipping' the cooks in the Lido? You are bringing your own butler, aren't you?

I really like chicken, but it must be fresh. We have a balcony on our next cruise, so I could put the chicken coop out there and just take a chicken to the chef each day. I'm also bringing some corn on the cob. Do you think it will last the week unshucked or should I bring along a cooler?

I really like chicken, but it must be fresh. We have a balcony on our next cruise, so I could put the chicken coop out there and just take a chicken to the chef each day. I'm also bringing some corn on the cob. Do you think it will last the week unshucked or should I bring along a cooler?

Funny :D Can I borrow some eggs? Cooler is required for that corn.

Hey, I just thought of something. If I brought aboard all the makings of a good old fashioned moonshine still, would I have to pay corkage on it? :p

Very good idea. I've never had a good banana pudding on a cruise either - I'll bring the ingredients and give to the head waiter the first night for my standing dessert order.

Why bring the ingredients? I'm only going to bring the recipes I want made ;) I'm sure the ship will be able to supply everything needed. Or find it at a port :D

It only works if you are having steaks in your room. If you want to have them outside your cabin, you have to pay steerage. It's like corkage, but for beef.

I'll be bringing the Hibachi and coals because there's no way I'm paying steerage - they're charging me enough already! I'm wondering though, can I remove the daily "service charge" and add Sirloin Tips?

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I'll be bringing the Hibachi and coals because there's no way I'm paying steerage - they're charging me enough already! I'm wondering though, can I remove the daily "service charge" and add Sirloin Tips?

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

That made me chuckle. Thanks!

Hi All..Can I get in on this too? :):)

I prefer filet mignon.. Omaha steaks is having a sale now.. We can buy them by the case wholesale... Each order gets 8 free burgers..

I'll be happy to co-ordinate..No extra charge except a carrying charge of one bottle of red wine per order...