Flight times changing?

Bases5

Non frequent flyer here

I have a direct flight book with Delta LGA- RSW

It was 11:AM departure but now it's changed to 4 PM

Delta does have a 12 PM departure non direct.

If I want to switch would I have to pay the difference in cost

It's about $90 more pp. Even though Delta changed my time.

I will call and ask but wanted to know your experance.

Non frequent flyer here

I have a direct flight book with Delta LGA- RSW

It was 11:AM departure but now it's changed to 4 PM

Delta does have a 12 PM departure non direct.

If I want to switch would I have to pay the difference in cost

It's about $90 more pp. Even though Delta changed my time.

I will call and ask but wanted to know your experance.

I would just call them, tell them you have a problem with the new time and due to the change in flight time you would like the earlier flight. Most of the time they are able to make change without any charge as long as there is still room in that cabin.

As a side note, calling airline, I usually hit speaker phone and do something else while it plays hold music until you can talk to someone.

If Delta changed it by more than 90 minutes, then you should be able to make changes at no additional cost to you. Provided there are enough seats available in the same class you purchased.

This is not true. If there was a schedule change of 90 minutes or more, Delta will rebook you onto pretty much any other option and they can "force" or "open" inventory in the class you purchased. Has happened to me many times. If you meant "provided there are enough seats available in the same cabin you purchased" then this is true (i.e. economy class cabin vs. first class).

One reason I love schedule changes is that I can rebook to a better connection that would have cost more money or more miles otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
Silly question, but how are you notified of changes like these? Will the airline send an email or do I need to keep checking the flights online?

Yes and yes :). I usually get an email for major schedule changes, but I check my reservations online regularly.

Silly question, but how are you notified of changes like these? Will the airline send an email or do I need to keep checking the flights online?

One thing ( of many) I've learned from this board: never assume the airline will inform you of aany changes. Make it a weekly habit (or more often, depending on your tolerance) to check your flight reservation for changes.

Peg

Yes and yes :). I usually get an email for major schedule changes, but I check my reservations online regularly.

Maybe true on some airlines, but when you get complacent and expect an airline to notify you...prepare to get bitten on the butt.

One thing ( of many) I've learned from this board: never assume the airline will inform you of aany changes. Make it a weekly habit (or more often, depending on your tolerance) to check your flight reservation for changes.

Peg

Totally agree and recommend others follow this thought...

Edited by CruiserBruce

I fly Delta 99% of the time. I get notified about changes via email once in a blue moon. Just check your flights periodically. Using a phone app is the quickest, easiest way to do so IMHO. If there's been a change, it's usually highlighted in my itinerary in the app, regardless of whether or not they emailed me.

Edited by waterbug123