Captain's Club

ommthree

I think 18? We came to Celebrity via Royal Caribbean a couple of years ago. Was frustrating that having first been given a Club number, our younger son age then aged 14 was disenfranchised. Elder son was already 21 so I can't confirm this though.

Above is correct, the age is 18...

Wow, okay I guess I will have to call back. As our Son has taken both Celebrity & RCI cruises. They said that he would inherit our level by 21, so maybe just at 18. So many different answers.

Very interesting, but it doesn't answer the question. Try to cut and paste something else that is relevant

It's so easy to be rude on an anonymous forum isn't it? The Opps question had been answered 5x already. What did you want X to do, repeat the same message a 6th time or add some value by sharing additional information (that I actually found quite useful)? The attitude of some on this forum towards X baffles me. If onboard staff is approached with the same attitude, it's no wonder to me why the same folks complain service standards are dropping; you get what you ask for.

It's so easy to be rude on an anonymous forum isn't it? The Opps question had been answered 5x already. What did you want X to do, repeat the same message a 6th time or add some value by sharing additional information (that I actually found quite useful)? The attitude of some on this forum towards X baffles me. If onboard staff is approached with the same attitude, it's no wonder to me why the same folks complain service standards are dropping; you get what you ask for.

Well said. I would hope any company representative posting on social media has "thick skin". Some of the insults actually embarrass me.

Since the question had been answered, the X rep didn't need to answer at all. And are we sure it's a human and not a robot using a search engine to scan the X website and post anything containing certain key words? That's what it appears to be

Well said. I would hope any company representative posting on social media has "thick skin". Some of the insults actually embarrass me.

There's a bit of a story here so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. The CC poster is following orders but the responses are much, much different than they were 6 months ago.

There's a bit of a story here so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. The CC poster is following orders but the responses are much, much different than they were 6 months ago.

The replies now are all "canned". They used to be genuine. Also they used to help passengers resolve issues.

Edited by Charles4515

Our previous representative from Celebrity would actually try to help on some issues that are confusing....and they tried to help individual situations where the ball seemed to be getting dropped. In other words, they were a conduit into Celebrity to find out the real facts and to help.

The current representative clearly has instructions to quote from their web pages, cruise documents or any other published text....but to go no farther. In other words, just repeat what one would find, confusing or not, from the web pages, etc.

The first was helpful...and created the feeling that we had some sort of way to get clarifications since calling celebrity is usually useless.

IMHO, the current representative adds no value, other than for those that are too lazy (pick your own politically correct word) to look on the celebrity web site. Certainly they are an example of how not to take advantage of the opportunity to build a relationship with customers using social media.

Edited by ghstudio

He was very helpful and I miss him. Too bad Celebrity didn't value the job he did.

I believe the problem was that celebrity HQ has (too) many cooks and he would go to someone who felt they were in charge of a policy, get an answer and publish it......only to then find out that no one had told the ships of the policy because someone else felt that they were in charge of the same policy.

One of the best examples was the drink package fiasco where everyone had a different official view of the cost and what's included from the CEO to the bartender....no one was in charge, but everyone thought they were in charge.

Welcome to the world of Celebrity (and likely most other cruise lines).

Hopefully, the new Celebrity rep has been told never to quote the CEO.....remember the locally sourced food in luminae and the lunches every day....

Edited by ghstudio

IMHO, the current representative adds no value, other than for those that are too lazy (pick your own politically correct word) to look on the celebrity web site. Certainly they are an example of how not to take advantage of the opportunity to build a relationship with customers using social media.

From what I've read of these posts recently I totally agree. It's a pity, but sometimes if value can't be added it's better just not to say anything at all, otherwise it can just look embarrassing.

Phil

I just spoke with someone at Celebrity yesterday and Don is correct -- X said that 18 is definitely the age, and they also recommended that I keep the documents for my under-18 children so they can get their points when they turn 18.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know which RC level is equal to which X level or vice versa? I know that they calculate points differently and I know that there are corresponding levels but I don't know what they are.

I was a little disappointed to see that although I have been on three RC cruises, I will still be considered to have 0 points when I start off on the X cruise because I don't think they will fully activate me until I have actually taken the cruise this June.

Anyway, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I was just curious!

I just spoke with someone at Celebrity yesterday and Don is correct -- X said that 18 is definitely the age, and they also recommended that I keep the documents for my under-18 children so they can get their points when they turn 18.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know which RC level is equal to which X level or vice versa? I know that they calculate points differently and I know that there are corresponding levels but I don't know what they are.

I was a little disappointed to see that although I have been on three RC cruises, I will still be considered to have 0 points when I start off on the X cruise because I don't think they will fully activate me until I have actually taken the cruise this June.

You will show 0 points until you complete a Celebrity cruise. After that your points will continue to show points earned on Celebrity.

When you reach Platinum, Celebrity will match you with their Select level. But you points will only be the points you earned on Celebrity sailings. If you reach Diamond level you will be matched to Elite on Celebrity. All other levels have no match.

Devin was a girl? That's funny. He looks like a guy. He use to also post on FB and Twitter and send me e-mails.

I follow his personal account on Twitter.

Then there were more than one or I took Devin to be a girl....

Edited by dkjretired

Celebrity will not give you points that you earned on Royal. They only transfer over your current status whatever it might be. Each line keeps their points separate, you cannot accumulate them.