Pool noodles

Our cruise on Allure is getting so close. Can barely stand it.

We are flying down the day before and was wondering if we are allowed to bring pool noodles on board we were thinking of picking some up when we get into Ft Lauderdale

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Are you allowed to use them onboard? I'm bringing some floatation devices to use in the ports but didn't know if we could use them on the ship.

Thanks!

I see people using them all the time. The only thing I might mention is that the pools can be very crowded at times, so the noodles will only add to that.

You aren't supposed to use them in the ship's pools...not enough room...but you can take them ashore, to the beach!

I know, but I am in my 70's and can't use the ladders in the big pools so I like to go to the serenity pool where there are steps. Unfortunately, I don't sim and the pool water is right above my chin so I can't relax there either. So I thought of cutting a noodle in half just to sit on so I can enjoy the pool a little.:rolleyes:

I know, but I am in my 70's and can't use the ladders in the big pools so I like to go to the serenity pool where there are steps. Unfortunately, I don't sim and the pool water is right above my chin so I can't relax there either. So I thought of cutting a noodle in half just to sit on so I can enjoy the pool a little.:rolleyes:

You will be just fine.

You don't need to cut it in half. Just sit on it as if you are sitting on a child's swing and wrap your arms (crook of your elbow) around it. The noodle will be u-shaped, close to your body and not taking up space in the pool. You will find it very comfortable.

You aren't supposed to use them in the ship's pools...not enough room...

...but they aren't allowed in the ship's pool.

Sorry, I don't know what you two are talking about but I have seen all manner of pool toys - beach balls, noodles, inflatable sharks... seriously... I've never seen a sign that says they are prohibited in the pool.

If you can't swim, you really shouldn't use a noodle. They aren't terribly stable, and if you come off, you might not be able to grab it.

I have inflatable noodles (Doodles) I bought online. Love them!! Inflate and deflate easily. Came in a 6 pack. Perfect for taking to the port beaches and I used one in the main pool on the Brilliance. It was a port day and we stayed on board. Not many folks at the pool but I asked a pool attendant anyway if I could use it in the pool and it was no problem.

Cathy

Out of the pool floats and loungers that we have this is one of my favorites. I sit upright in it so the float sections are in front and back of me. The middle section is mesh so it is very comfortable. It allows my body to be down in the water which I like. Ours came with a cup holder attached. Float around and have a drink at the same time. :D It is inflatable so it should be easy to pack.

Inflatable Pool Hammock

http://www.walmart.com/ip/45500261?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228033176081&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=71939689736&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=119492668136&veh=sem

Edited by ReneeFLL