I am Certain Princess would act differently

kruisey

This is truly something I've lost sleep over already! I booked my first cruise less than a month ago and we don't sail until January. But I am so scared of this happening to me. I'm absolutely petrified that I will miscalculate the time or I'll get something wrong ...

Any other tips to put my mind at ease? I do NOT want to be like this woman (and not only because I couldn't cope with the entire internet/world seeing pics of my distress).

You may want to consider getting a trip insurance.

This is truly something I've lost sleep over already! I booked my first cruise less than a month ago and we don't sail until January. But I am so scared of this happening to me. I'm absolutely petrified that I will miscalculate the time or I'll get something wrong ...

So I've booked and paid for two offshore excursions with the cruise line so that the ship will wait if the excursions are running late (but I've booked the earliest time slot possible for both), I've got a waterproof watch on my shopping list so I can set it to ship time and I've persuaded my husband into agreeing to get back to the ship early on those days. Like, by a few hours. We'll have quiet time in the spa or something.

Any other tips to put my mind at ease? I do NOT want to be like this woman (and not only because I couldn't cope with the entire internet/world seeing pics of my distress).

I have traveled with Princess as a solo for 15 years.Reason being I feel safe with them all the employees really treat me like a 'little princess'.

I am the biggest scary cat and always worry about 'time' never late for anything.This is the real reason I always take the ship excursions.On a private excursion I would not enjoy because I would always be looking at my watch.Also I know I can wander around the ship and corridors knowing I am not going to be mugged or attacked(that is how my mind works).

Being left behind on a dock is a very rare occurrence so when it does happen it causes a stir up.

You will both enjoy your experience now knowing you are in the capable hands of this cruise line, which in my experience anyway, put customers first on board their ships.:)

So I've booked and paid for two offshore excursions with the cruise line so that the ship will wait if the excursions are running late (but I've booked the earliest time slot possible for both), I've got a waterproof watch on my shopping list so I can set it to ship time and I've persuaded my husband into agreeing to get back to the ship early on those days. Like, by a few hours. We'll have quiet time in the spa or something.

I would actually recommend a different strategy than booking the earliest slot. I would get off the ship on my own early, wander around the port, do my own thing for a few hours, then meet up with my later ships excursion. If missing the boat is what you are worried about, do the ships excursion at the end of the day!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's just because it's unfamiliar to you.

Most people don't miss flights because they were doing something

else, and forgot to go to the airport.

This is pretty much the same. You know there is an important time,

and you have to manage your schedule around that.

You may want to consider getting a trip insurance.

I always say people should have trip insurance but if you are late getting back to the ship in port and it is your own fault I don't think insurance will cover you.

The people who miss the ship are usually either dumb, stupid or drunk. Assuming that you are none of those 3, you will be OK. Just remember to take a watch (not a cell phone but a real watch) and find out before you leave if you have to be back on ship time or land time.

DON

The people who miss the ship are usually either dumb, stupid or drunk. Assuming that you are none of those 3, you will be OK. Just remember to take a watch (not a cell phone but a real watch) and find out before you leave if you have to be back on ship time or land time.

DON

I would say drunk or irresponsible.

Disney will not cruise with children left on board and no parent/guardian on board. They will' date=' however, bill the parents for any excess port charges incurred. They will also leave if adults with no children on board are late.

The late passengers can arrange a small boat to take them to the ship and will then be transferred from the small boat.

We've learned that if there is a message made at departure time "Will a member of the Smith family from deck 6 please contact Guest Services immediately" this is the code to watch the dock to see if the late party comes racing up.

Most lines will wait only for a cruise line sponsored excursion that runs late. There is a reason for "All Aboard" time.[/quote']

The kids were 9 and 12 I think and they were with their uncle and other relatives on board. When the mom was 30 minutes late getting back, the captain talked to the Dad and he chose to get off with both his and his wife's passports and other legal documents. The Dad chose to leave the kids to finish the cruise with their other adult family members. NCL even helped the two stranded passengers make their plans for their return flights. In my opinion, they went above and beyond what people would say is "fair".

Don't worry yourself sick about that happening so that you ruin your cruise and/or get an ulcer over it. Does it happen? Yes. But take along the information from your ship's daily publication which almost surely has the info for the ship's agent on it so that in case a problem does arrive you can contact the cruise line's port agent in that event. Relax, enjoy your cruise and come back happy and refreshed!

Tom

Tom,

Off thread but do you know whether the health forms are the same as last year and do the other cruise lines at Pier 91 use the same form?

Tom,

Off thread but do you know whether the health forms are the same as last year and do the other cruise lines at Pier 91 use the same form?

The only thing that I know for sure is that at present only Holland-America and Princess do use the same form which is the same as last year. That said, that form is due to change. I believe that that impending change is that the two questions on ebola will go away. There may be other changes also. I do not remember what form Carnival uses (lousy memory) Do you need a copy of the current Princess/H-A form?

Tom

This is the latest form that they're using in the Florida as late as this past Feb.

Yes, that is still the current form. It will change sometime this year to eliminate the 2 questions about ebola from what we were told. Not sure when this change will become effective, however.

Tom

Yes, that is still the current form. It will change sometime this year to eliminate the 2 questions about ebola from what we were told. Not sure when this change will become effective, however.

Tom

I'll continue to fill out the forms in advance that I have until I cruise in the fall when I can restock my folder. I'ed bet they wouldn't even notice a difference when I turn it it if they do change. ;)

I'll take that bet! :)

Tom

I've turned in forms with crossed out names of ships from previous trips many times & no one has blinked an eye. This would probably be no different.

If the form changes by this fall I'll be sure to let you know. The worst that can happen is I'll have to fill out a newer one standing on line. ;)

I've turned in forms with crossed out names of ships from previous trips many times & no one has blinked an eye. This would probably be no different.

If the form changes by this fall I'll be sure to let you know. The worst that can happen is I'll have to fill out a newer one standing on line. ;)

Oh, changing the name of the ship won't matter (unless you've got someone who is really picky looking at the form) but having the wrong form will probably get caught because that effects the medical information being submitted. But, in the end, you're right, if filling out another form is the biggest problem of the day, you're doing okay. Probably 99.99% of the people I meet at the pier are a pleasure to work with. They're excited to be away from work and going on a vacation, many have never been on a cruise before and are really looking forward to it. And, if they're debarking at the end of the cruise, they're excited about where they've been and what they've seen, etc. It makes going to work a fun thing! :):)

Tom

You don't sail out of San Pedro much, I guess. :D

There was a very long thread a short time ago about the absence of butter at the dining room tables or maybe it was how the butter was served. I can't remember which. It really has nothing to do with this thread directly.

DON

Thank you for that.

Btw not sure what type of insurance but I was happy it did pay for my lost mp 3 player

Edited by GalCruzer