American cruise passengers missing from Falmouth on Tuesday, April 26 (Oasis?)

[[/b]

More stupidity.

"I am unlawfully here and if they find me, there is an extremely good chance that I will be taken to jail, tried and deported back to the U.S. in handcuffs."

Unless things are different in Jamaica, I don't think she would be tried. Deported, yes, but isn't that exactly what she wanted, to get back to the US? In handcuffs is also doubtful since there would be no reason to have her cuffed getting back in the US.

Now, I could tell you a story about my sister ending up in prison for espionage in Turkey and it is a 100% true story.

Please tell us about your sister. is she OK now?.........this story is fizzling out. I love to watch Locked Up Abroad.

She sounds like she would have enjoyed spending major money in the spa, but if she couldn't find fruit, she probably wouldn't be able to find that either.

This tickled me!!!! Hilarious!!! And possibly true.

I couldn't even read all of her blog post. Referring to her boyfriend as Mr. X while acknowledging that his name and pic were above immediately got the side eye from me. It was all downhill from there. :p

Grand adventure??? She was sailing on one of the largest cruise ships in the world, and in a suite. She was going to many exotic ports where there are different cultural experiences. The crew and the passengers are from all over the world. Sounds pretty grand to me.

She sounds like she would have enjoyed spending major money in the spa, but if she couldn't find fruit, she probably wouldn't be able to find that either.

If the grats were paid in advance, and they were only on the ship for a few days, I hope the crew got grats for the whole week.

I love this, too. Good work, Ocean Dancer!

:)

The one a few down about nobody believing you like your mother...

Um, maybe because your mother is the only one dumb enough to fall for your antics??

Or because the acorn doesn't go far from the squirrel? Or the apple fall far from the tree?

;)

It's posted on her blog to " Stop thinking and just let things happen"

Driver Wayne knew they had means, they are very lucky this wasn't them or even held for ransom. If she was NOT wanted, this may have gone a totally different way. Being wanted may have saved her life.

Who really believes that any of this (the couple from the ship) actually happened? I tend to think they got off the ship and headed to their prebooked resort and fabricated/staged any photos and events to match or make up their story. I am not sure if they want to make themselves famous, or lose all credibility.:confused:

It is sad to see read about missionaries were killed while doing their work. No where is safe. If the couple from Cali really had this adventure she writes about, they better consider themselves lucky that they weren't the ones that ended up dead in the forest.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Grand adventure??? She was sailing on one of the largest cruise ships in the world, and in a suite. She was going to many exotic ports where there are different cultural experiences. The crew and the passengers are from all over the world. Sounds pretty grand to me.

If the grats were paid in advance, and they were only on the ship for a few days, I hope the crew got grats for the whole week.

LOL true for us normal people--but I get the feelign she thinks she is too special to have "normal" adventures that just anyone with enough money can have---she needed some special, out of the ordinary, thing to help her believe that she is more attune to the world and herself than all of us other people

Captain Underpants, I love your user name. We have a son who is 8 and he has read many books of your name's sake to us.

Ha ha, I ran out of username ideas with all these forums so I borrowed it from my boy's reading material. He's read most of the series except for the fourth book. This entitled hippie is giving competition to the author of those fiction books.

Ha ha, I ran out of username ideas with all these forums so I borrowed it from my boy's reading material. He's read most of the series except for the fourth book. This entitled hippie is giving competition to the author of those fiction books.

The entitled hippie--I love it! Literally laughed out loud. A much better moniker for her than fiercly optimistic.

LMBO, was trying to be nice :cool: They were on The Oasis at one time, or was it two times :confused:

I'm still laughing about her need to call her "friend" Mr X when their cruise ship pictures clearly shows both their names.

###

Maybe Mr. 'X' has another meaning. :D

Who really believes that any of this (the couple from the ship) actually happened? I tend to think they got off the ship and headed to their prebooked resort and fabricated/staged any photos and events to match or make up their story. I am not sure if they want to make themselves famous, or lose all credibility.:confused:

It is sad to see read about missionaries were killed while doing their work. No where is safe. If the couple from Cali really had this adventure she writes about, they better consider themselves lucky that they weren't the ones that ended up dead in the forest.

I'm with you, I think the same thing. The $300+/nt luxury resort was probably planned all along, and they made up the rest of this. There really aren't any photos they've shown, except on her blog the one of her in the Strawberry Hill robe sipping coffee, or at the laptop. I don't believe the rest.

[[/b]

Please tell us about your sister. is she OK now?.........this story is fizzling out. I love to watch Locked Up Abroad.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I'll give a short, condensed version. DS, her DH and 18 month old travelling in Europe. Hit by railroad work car while crossing RR. ANYTHING involving the RR is considered espionage. She had some minor injuries that required stitches, spent night in the hospital with appalling procedures and conditions. PAPER towels?

Next day put in prison cell with toddler. Went to trial, which was all in Turkish.

They had travel insurance and the company really helped by paying money under the table which got her out of prison. Fortunately, a local family had befriended BIL and they were able to the van back for him, which had been stripped of anything of value.

They literally sneaked out of the country under the cover of darkness and held their breath until they crossed the border. Needless to say, Turkey is not their favorite country and will not be visiting again.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I'll give a short, condensed version. DS, her DH and 18 month old travelling in Europe. Hit by railroad work car while crossing RR. ANYTHING involving the RR is considered espionage. She had some minor injuries that required stitches, spent night in the hospital with appalling procedures and conditions. PAPER towels?

Next day put in prison cell with toddler. Went to trial, which was all in Turkish.

They had travel insurance and the company really helped by paying money under the table which got her out of prison. Fortunately, a local family had befriended BIL and they were able to the van back for him, which had been stripped of anything of value.

They literally sneaked out of the country under the cover of darkness and held their breath until they crossed the border. Needless to say, Turkey is not their favorite country and will not be visiting again.

Thank you for your response, their story IS truly a grand adventure of the worst kind and with a baby! Thank goodness they are safe.

Maybe Mr. 'X' has another meaning. :D

Ha!

My guess is that she's web-savvy enough to know that if she put his name in text, it would show up in Google searches and the like. She doesn't mind her OWN name and blog showing up in searches but maybe she thought she was 'protecting' him somewhat by not putting his name in text. The words beneath the photograph are part of the image file and TMK wouldn't be indexed by Google (yet)

Welp, I hope she enjoyed her 5 minutes of minor internet fame.