The Princess Ship That Carnival Cruise Lines Built

need2cruisesoon

Well they very well could,if we want to compete with 4000/ 4500/ other passengers,not for me sorry,but the ship does look nice.

Under 1000 is my sweet spot, but less and less ships in that size here.

We started cruising when Princess only had one ship here for six months, Pacific Princess 680 passengers, suited us perfectly.

Only ever done the dawn,sun,and sea 2000 pax so golden is going to be interesting at 2600,although bigger ship.

We did Diamond last year, similar size and it was OK.

Only real issues were tendering was a bit of a line up, as was getting off in port, and small ports were a bit overrun with 2,600 passengers and a few hundred crew. Picton only has a population of about 4,000.

But in ship you didn't really feel crowded, so I hope Gokden is similar for you and Emerald (bigger still) is for us.

We have a theory on tendering,unless we have an organised tour,we have a leisurely breekie and then stroll down about 10 am,we can only take about 4 hrs of touring before,the illnesses and fatigue kick in,so we are back on-board before the mob hits the tenders.We plan our days very well,and have to adjust for medications.But we wouldnt have it any other way.And by the way we are going to be intrigued by your report of the queen mary,wish it was b4 the emerald,but either or is cool.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Sorry. Nothing in these photos appeals to me. The decor looks like it was designed by IKEA. Nothing wrong with IKEA but there's also nothing elegant or special about it.

And when you stop,look and think about it,you are so right Pam, mmh,scrambles to relook and re access.

What could have been: (even built at the same shipyard as the Royal/Regal)

A fully functional Promenade Deck:

carnival-vista-cherry-on-top-gallery-2.jpg

9.jpg

carnival-vista-redfrog-pub-gallery-2.jpg

This looks very similar to the Waterfront on Deck 8 of the Norwegian Breakaway/Getaway/Escape.

Although I still prefer Princess by a wide margin, I thought this was a great feature. On NCL it wraps around the starboard, port and stern (you have to go inside to cross at the bow)

While the decor does not appeal to me either, the layout does. The pictured Carnival Vista and the Regal/Royal hold almost the same number of passengers (336 difference), and use of this outdoor space would have been nice on the Regal/Royal. As would have the center staircase.

Sorry. Nothing in these photos appeals to me. The decor looks like it was designed by IKEA. Nothing wrong with IKEA but there's also nothing elegant or special about it.

Pam, I agree 100% with you. The last class of carnival ship i liked was the Conquest class. Since then, they have turned their ships ( as well as RCCL, NCL) in to some floating jungle gym.

Segway into princess, where they have stayed TRUE to the premise of the cruising concept. I have since, come to the Princess family and won't cruise any other way

The Vista has some really nice features, including the Havana area - which we had booked for the CTN before it was cancelled. However, depending on what you read, its NOT a true wrap around promenade. The front area of deck 5 has the Havana cabins, which is their new Ship within a ship concept, and has extended porches which connect to the promenade and a private pool area at the bow. The expectation because of those areas is that there is going to be a block on the Promenade deck right before the Havana area that will need a key card to enter so that not everyone is walking past your porch

Also from the deck plans at least it doesn't look like the aft section is walkable of the promenade deck.

It's closer to the Waterfront on NCL really than a promenade.

Also, at least to me, there is comparatively little inside public space for a ship that size - could be an issue in poor weather.

Now I will say, I think their new (complimentary!) adults only area is only beat by the Solarium on Anthem (which is incredible!)

On John Heald's fb page there are lots of videos and stills of the Vista. There's a video of the bridge, evidently the Vista, HAL Konigsdam and the Majestic Princess will all have the same, new bridge design.

John Heald is Carnival's brand ambassador.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

Only ever done the dawn,sun,and sea

Dawn was our first Princess cruise...sailed out of San Francisco (where we got married in 1986) on 21 September 2001. It was a 14-day via Panama canal to San Juan. We still think fondly of that cruise. How is the old girl Dawn these days?

Steve & Pete

We've seen them on the Breakaway which has a similar design. Less of an issue than you might think except for over the jazz venue that runs late.

I would absolutely hate having any one of those balconies that overlook the areas where there are bars, food, or pools. No privacy and constant noise, is not my idea of cruising.

There are things about the Vista that I think are very attractive. I've also heard many good things about the Breeze. Unfortunately, the deal breaker for me with Carnival is the space ratio...they carry more passengers per sq. foot than any of the other lines I've cruised with, and to me it's very noticeable.