Guaranteed cabins.

Pamela1

I know some people like to put a dampener on things but we have booked a D grade and think we might get the deck we preferred.

This will be out first time on Navigator, we have done Mariner and Voyager and really looking forward to sailing on her :D

Pam.

I believe decks, 5,6,7,10 and 11 all have forward suites so why would you be worried about a GTY cabin if the level you were looking for were on those decks?

If you are too far forward there is another problem -- noise from the anchor going up and down (generally around 6:00 a.m.). This seems to happen even when you are not in a tender port. Also, the movement in the front caused my DH to become seasick (only time in all of our cruises). We like mid-ship on the Navigator.

If you are too far forward there is another problem -- noise from the anchor going up and down (generally around 6:00 a.m.). This seems to happen even when you are not in a tender port. Also, the movement in the front caused my DH to become seasick (only time in all of our cruises). We like mid-ship on the Navigator.

But you were replying to a comment specifically about aft suites. :confused:

That's great news Pam. We really are fans of Navigator and feel very comfortable on board. Any idea when you will find out cabin number? Jean.:)

Thank you Jean, we are really looking forward to it.

No idea yet but we had a GTY last year also and found out about a week before so not worried, just have to get packing now. :D

Pam.

But you were replying to a comment specifically about aft suites. :confused:

There are more problem areas on the Navigator than any other ship. When I post about them, people get upset. Suggest you do whatever you are doing and see what happens. Maybe you'll get a great suite - low and mid-ship and everything will be fine. There is always a risk booking a guarantee. It is not something we would do on the Navigator or the Voyager.

Note: Our first "upsell" was on the Voyager. We were thrilled when we were able to have a PH suite. Being unfamiliar with the ship, we were given a suite that was under the pool (lesson learned). Since then I have tried to recommend not booking suites under the pool, aft on the two ships, forward on any ship if you are prone to seasickness, under a dining venue, etc. Now, I make fewer recommendations and let people learn lessons for themselves.

There are more problem areas on the Navigator than any other ship. When I post about them, people get upset. Suggest you do whatever you are doing and see what happens. Maybe you'll get a great suite - low and mid-ship and everything will be fine. There is always a risk booking a guarantee. It is not something we would do on the Navigator or the Voyager.

Note: Our first "upsell" was on the Voyager. We were thrilled when we were able to have a PH suite. Being unfamiliar with the ship, we were given a suite that was under the pool (lesson learned). Since then I have tried to recommend not booking suites under the pool, aft on the two ships, forward on any ship if you are prone to seasickness, under a dining venue, etc. Now, I make fewer recommendations and let people learn lessons for themselves.

You also may want to be more specific when agreeing with a comment on a particular part of a ship like you have done here. It would now make more sense and had you elaborated earlier, there would have been no need for this extra conversation.

You also may want to be more specific when agreeing with a comment on a particular part of a ship like you have done here. It would now make more sense and had you elaborated earlier, there would have been no need for this extra conversation.

Don't think that my specificity or lack thereof is the topic. I stand behind my post(s) regarding the aft part of the ship.

Pam,

Don't let the naysayers put a dampener on your plans.

With the grade of suite you have booked as a guarantee, you are highly unlikely to encounter major issues with position on the ship.

Hope you have good weather and amicable fellow cruisers :rolleyes:

Have an enjoyable cruise

S&D

Hi there, would you be kind enough to let me have the website that shows cabin availability, I currently have a conundrum re Navigator, have booked a forward cabin 613 as it was the best one available. I am now worried that we may have anchor noise or worse again....sea sickness. I see some concierge levels are on guarantee and one level is available. My email is maryandliam@iol.ie. It may give me a clearer picture. Very interesting reading about Navigator aft, certainly seems to need a bit of homework booking this ship. We were luckily midship the last time we traveled on her.

We stayed 10 days in #616 during Oct., 2014. Never heard the anchor chain. One day we were headed directly into heavy seas with 65 knots over the deck in the Gulf of St. Lawrence(sp. ?). No extraordinary motion, in fact we had a nice nap.

We stayed 10 days in #616 during Oct., 2014. Never heard the anchor chain. One day we were headed directly into heavy seas with 65 knots over the deck in the Gulf of St. Lawrence(sp. ?). No extraordinary motion, in fact we had a nice nap.

The suites I am talking about are not as far back as #616 - they are much lower numbers (perhaps the first three or four suites from the front). Also, deck 6 is low and would feel less motion. We were on deck 11 when my DH got seasick.

We are on the Navigator for the first time this summer having booked B2B from Jerusalem to Barcelona sailing 25/07. Any comments on the cabin would be good and useful. We have been on the Mariner 3 times previously, and love the Regent experience, although I think we will miss the observation lounge, which was our watering hole on the Mariner.

I'm trying to figure out when the anchor is dropped and raised when not tendered. Is the ship underway, docked or what?:rolleyes:

The Captain may have been trying to slow the ship, as this one :eek::

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2qlj20/fully_loaded_container_ship_dropping_anchor/

(Put the sound on - the comment about 50 secs in is priceless :D)

...............or maybe there was some friction with the local pilot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP6YKbsHP_8

Of course, anchor lowering is a skilled business requiring great care :rolleyes::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrgFPcPXfo

Of course, anchor lowering is a skilled business requiring great care :rolleyes::

+1 Well done flossie009:D:eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2qlj20/fully_loaded_container_ship_dropping_anchor/

Ha ha, excellent! :D

Now that third one might wake me up at 6:00am.

We are on the Navigator for the first time this summer having booked B2B from Jerusalem to Barcelona sailing 25/07. Any comments on the cabin would be good and useful. We have been on the Mariner 3 times previously, and love the Regent experience, although I think we will miss the observation lounge, which was our watering hole on the Mariner.

GrJ - we've sailed Navigator twice previously, first time was in 932 (under the pool deck, never again! Great suite, too noisy) and the second time was Alaska in 1002/1004/1006 (family trip) and we loved those suites. No problems with noise or motion, and we had 3 generations sailing with no complaints. I'm sure you'll love your PH.

PS - We're sailing Navigator again right before you do, Barcelona to Haifa on the 13th of July. Getting closer... :D

I would never book a GTY on the Navigator because of the likelihood that you could end up in an AFT cabin

I love the suites on Navigator, but I absolutely agree.

Now, if I could piggyback a bit, we have an H GTY on Mariner next January. Never done a GTY before, but I have heard so many times over the years that, "there are no bad cabins on Mariner" that I decided to believe it.

How does Regent currently do the upsell shuffle? If they have to move us up to a higher-level cabin, would they just do that, or would they offer upsells first? How likely would it be to be upgraded to a PH for free, as opposed to paying for that upgrade? Just wondering. We're content with the H, but I've heard great things about those Mariner PH's!! At the moment, every cabin class shows Available except for the H GTY.

I love the suites on Navigator, but I absolutely agree.

Now, if I could piggyback a bit, we have an H GTY on Mariner next January. Never done a GTY before, but I have heard so many times over the years that, "there are no bad cabins on Mariner" that I decided to believe it.

How does Regent currently do the upsell shuffle? If they have to move us up to a higher-level cabin, would they just do that, or would they offer upsells first? How likely would it be to be upgraded to a PH for free, as opposed to paying for that upgrade? Just wondering. We're content with the H, but I've heard great things about those Mariner PH's!! At the moment, every cabin class shows Available except for the H GTY.

It seems that Regent offers reduced "extension cruises" before they offer upsells. Our last cruise was a B2B due to an offer we could not refuse to extend our existing cruise. We have received fewer upsell offers than we used to get because it seems that Regent is lowering prices, offering OBC's and dramatically reduced air to fill their ships. We have never received a "free" upgrade but I suppose anything is possible.

Yes - the PH suites on the Mariner are spacious and lovely (with smaller closets than on the Voyager or Navigator.) My only complaint on the Mariner is their regular suites - we have stayed in one and my DH will not do it again (note: he is the one in our family that must have the largest suite that we can afford on a ship).

Still being in the workforce and not able to be gone too long at a stretch, our longest Regent cruise to date has been 10 nights, although we have a 12-nighter coming up in July, and I honestly don't spend that much time in the cabin so I never really paid too much attention. How was that for a run-on sentence?

As long as there's adequate storage, a roomy bathroom, and a cozy bed, I'm happy. It will be interesting to see the new layouts on Explorer next spring, but in the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing the 'upgrades' on Navigator firsthand.

Maybe I'll start paying closer attention to cabin size, layout, etc...