New Promo is Posted

I am doing a mock booking for an OV and I got to pick one...but where do I see if the arcade and photo package was included?
Those perks are automatically included with all bookings, so there's nowhere to select or confirm them. If you want to be sure, go to the very end and put a hold on the booking, and I'm guessing the corresponding promo code(s) will appear on your hold confirmation, and the two perks will be listed in the amenities invoice (if you ask for it).

That's what the front page says, and I'm guessing that's what the promo is, but the T&Cs say:

Pick One: Studios, Insides, Oceanviews

Pick Two: Balconies & Mini-Suites

Get All Four: Suites & Haven

So they just failed to modify these terms from the previous version of the promo. Very, very sloppy.

It appears that they have corrected the T&Cs

Studios & Insides: Get Photo and Arcade Credit

Oceanviews, Balconies & Mini-Suites: Get Photo & Arcade Credit plus pick 1 more choice.

Suites & Haven Automatically get Photo Credit, Arcade Credit, Specialty Dining Package, Ultimate Beverage Package, Shore Excursion Credit and 250 Minutes Free Wifi.

Well I checked the new promo offer terms and conditions again today and noted two things: the expiration date is back to May 22nd (not May 24th like it said yesterday), and it still doesn't say if suites have to pay the 18 percent service charges on the dining and beverage packages. Many posters have said that Haven and suites don't have to pay the service charges on them like the other cabin categories do. I just wish it would explain that in the terms, if true. It also elaborates on every promo perk except the dining package that suites would get, as in how many nights of specialty restaurant dinners are included, and presumably that it's still only for guests 1 and 2 on the reservation...so I am still a bit confused. I would consider springing for a suite if I could clarify these terms.

it still doesn't say if suites have to pay the 18 percent service charges on the dining and beverage packages. Many posters have said that Haven and suites don't have to pay the service charges on them like the other cabin categories do.
They took that little detail out of the terms a couple of months ago, but according to all reports, nothing actually changed for suites, they do not have to pay the 18% on the UBP and SDP. This is easy enough to verify with a mock booking, because if there are any service charges to pay, they will appear in your payment components from the start. If they don't add anything now, they can't add anything later.

They should not have removed the terms of the specialty dining perk. There is no way to know how many meals they are offering, and who gets them, but I think it is probably safe to assume that it's the same as in the previous promo (March-April 2016), and those terms are still visible on the website.

I am so glad I booked my 2017 cruise last fall with the old promo - UDP and UBP. I am waiting for the rest of 2018's schedules and hopefully a great promo. We are planning on booking another Haven suite on the Getaway - I looked at the April 1st sailing but it is not even included in the promo offer...so I will patiently wait.

Well I checked the new promo offer terms and conditions again today and noted two things: the expiration date is back to May 22nd (not May 24th like it said yesterday), and it still doesn't say if suites have to pay the 18 percent service charges on the dining and beverage packages. Many posters have said that Haven and suites don't have to pay the service charges on them like the other cabin categories do. I just wish it would explain that in the terms, if true. It also elaborates on every promo perk except the dining package that suites would get, as in how many nights of specialty restaurant dinners are included, and presumably that it's still only for guests 1 and 2 on the reservation...so I am still a bit confused. I would consider springing for a suite if I could clarify these terms.

I agree with you that the terms should be clearly stated. I asked my very excellent PCC about the dining promo, and he said that on cruises of 10+ nights, you get four meals. We did book a suite, and there are no service charges on our invoice for the beverage or dining packages; I don't see how they could add them later.

I would suggest calling NCL if you have questions.

It sounds like I'm the only person on Earth who received 100 emails announcing that the "get 2" offer was expiring on Saturday.

NOPE - I got them too :)

The sad thing is I was going to purchased the 10 photo package online for my upcoming cruise - now - I'm not so sure - if everyone has these "free" photos, I am afraid that the photo service is going to go downhill rapidly... :(

The sad thing is I was going to purchased the 10 photo package online for my upcoming cruise - now - I'm not so sure - if everyone has these "free" photos, I am afraid that the photo service is going to go downhill rapidly... :(

We had the All In package last year and with that got 80 free photos...and we received great pictures. Because of the number of prints we could get we did our family photos and individuals of our 2 boys to give for Christmas. And all I had to do to be able to do reprints at home (wallet sizes) was email NCL and they sent me a release for the pictures. There was a line of 40-50 all buying pictures that last day (so go in the morning of the last day, or be prepared for the crowd. And I never once heard anyone complain about the quality only the cost.:)

I can't even begin to follow the logic there.

Am I the only adult who would love a $100 arcade credit?! :D

My DH and 2 boys love the arcade and games around O'sheehan's, they don't spend a lot but this credit works for our family...so being in a Haven, I see us switching to this promo, as we keep last months promos and gain the arcade and photos!!

This promo actually works ok for my family, but we are traveling with an inside cabin and a studio and for our dates, they no longer get the beverage package. Hopefully the next promo will have the bev package and we can get that switched over.

Am I the only adult who would love a $100 arcade credit?! :D

Nope!! This is the best promo we've seen in as long as I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The good thing about the arcade credit is that it's good for bowling and the other games located in O'Sheehans. I think this is great for families and the kid in all of us. :D

Just sucks that the insides and studios don't get another perk.

The good thing about the arcade credit is that it's good for bowling and the other games located in O'Sheehans.
Are you sure about that? The bowling may be located next to O'Sheehan's, but I can easily imagine them saying it's not an arcade game, so not covered by the arcade credit.

They took that little detail out of the terms a couple of months ago, but according to all reports, nothing actually changed for suites, they do not have to pay the 18% on the UBP and SDP. This is easy enough to verify with a mock booking, because if there are any service charges to pay, they will appear in your payment components from the start. If they don't add anything now, they can't add anything later.

I've confirmed with my PCC that suites don't pay the 18% on the UBP and SDP that are part of this promo.

I've confirmed with my PCC that suites don't pay the 18% on the UBP and SDP that are part of this promo.

That is interesting on the 18%. However the rest of the promo is not something we are hoping for. Meanwhile we are waiting for the late May and June promos. We are ready to book our Anniversary cruise and one for my DH and his DB (old guy/brother trip). The wait begins...:D

Are you sure about that? The bowling may be located next to O'Sheehan's, but I can easily imagine them saying it's not an arcade game, so not covered by the arcade credit.

From the terms and conditions....

$100 Arcade Credit:

Credit is per stateroom and applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Arcade credit is applicable for use in the arcade and O'Sheehans amusement only.

Credit is not transferable and non-refundable. Use the credit or lose it.

Unless you're a big lover of on-board arcades and on-board photos, this promo sucks.

They killed the free SDP. Seems like they were probably getting overwhelmed in the specialty restaurants and decided to do away with it. Went from 4 days to 3 days to gone.

Inside staterooms only get photos and arcade. Big deal.

Oceanviews/Balconies/Minisuites get to choose ONE item, either UBP (useless to those who don't drink alcohol), $50 in shore excursions (won't pay for even a single excursion) or 250 minutes of Wifi.

The previous promo got balcony rooms TWO items (UBP, 3-day SDP, Wifi, Shore excursion credit) plus $100 OBC.

No comparison between the previous and current promo.

I can't even begin to follow the logic there.

Logic:

Here is my thought process - 1500+ suites book with the free photo package.

Now, they all want to do all the photo shoots that are set up all over the ship.

The lines that are usually bearable now become very long - as they pictures are "free" so lets take them.

My last NCL cruise on the POA finding your pictures was NOT easy. Once you found them, you could have them set aside in a folder for you. That was with a lot of people not using the photo service. Now with more people using them, it "might become" extremely hard to find your pictures.

When the lines are nonexistent the photographers tend to take more pictures of you and your family. When the lines are bearable, I noticed they only take one or two shots, and then onto the next person. I'm afraid that with everyone getting this free package, that the personalization (yes, I know that is not a word) that you feel may perhaps go away.

I know as an experienced cruiser to not wait until the last day to finalize your package. Add 1000+ more people who know the same thing and even the next to last day may be time intensive.

Again - this is just my personal thoughts - your logic and your personal thoughts might be very different - my dear husband always tells me my logic can be very skewed at times. But it is my logic.

Was doing an inventory check with mock bookings of our sailing at T minus 18 days ... guess what, even the Insides are eligible for this new "Free At Sea" promotions with the Photo Credit & $100 Arcade Credit and KSF.

The Norwegian Rates is there but no Sail Away Rates for no perks - and, prices for the same category staterooms are $600 lower, compared to 6 or 8 weeks ago (which was past final payment cutoff)

A less crowded ship with unsold cabins - what's up with the Breakaway this month :D