The preview and LIVE from Oasis of the Seas, sailing May 7th!

I had a great time doing this but a live review and Periscope is exhausting. It's also a learning experience... I'll know when and what to scope on the next cruise :)

My thoughts and grades will probably be tomorrow so I can relax tonight

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

You need to take another cruise with no review or scoping so you can relax. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had a great time doing this but a live review and Periscope is exhausting. It's also a learning experience... I'll know when and what to scope on the next cruise :)

My thoughts and grades will probably be tomorrow so I can relax tonight

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Periscope is something that I have always considered, but never committed to it. Just seems like I would be too involved. My hat goes off to you.

Who was the headliner entertainment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on this sailing as well and the one previous. They had the same headliner two weeks in a row Ronn Lucas a ventriloquist. I posted a couple of photos the other day.

Truly enjoyed the live blog and especially the Periscopes, Chris. I think I speak for everyone when I say we REALLY appreciated all the time and effort you put into taking us with you on Oasis. One of the best live experiences I've ever been through. Thank you again! Looking forward to your next cruise!

Good morning friends! I simply love Oasis class, it was very hard for me to find faults on this cruise. Doing all specialty dining this time around was a pleasant change and I would definitely do it again.

People ask me what my favorite part of the cruise is... it's this class of ships. It's simply mind boggling what they offer and how they do not crowded other than after a show letting out.

My favorite port is Cozumel and we did have a nice time at Nachi Cocom but our waiter was rather rude. I don't understand how our group was one of the first ones to check in and yet we were not allowed to pick where we wanted to sit. In fact he wanted to split our group up and got rather surly when we insisted on sitting together. He kept claiming the place was going to be at full capacity, yet there will plenty of empty chairs throughout the day.

Margaritaville in Falmouth is very nice but my advice? Arrive early. At about 1 pm it starts to get very crowded.

I still haven't do everything there is to do on Oasis. I am getting to the point that I pick out what I want to do and stick to that. Staying on the ship in Labadee and kind of having the ship to myself was a nice change and allowed me to really enjoy the Solarium which is very nice. Of course the fact that Royal doubled the prices of the cabanas at Labadee kind of made that decision real easy.

Best meal on board? Hands down it was Giovanni's and 150 Central Park, which I finally tried on this cruise. The filet in Giovanni's rivals anything I have had at Chops.

The new location of Izumi is very nice. Next time around I will have to try the Hibachi experience.

He kept claiming the place was going to be at full capacity, yet there will plenty of empty chairs throughout the day.

I don't get how the place being at full capacity could be an issue. I haven't been there, but from what I've seen in pictures and Youtube, while they only allow 100 people per day, they could easily handle 4 times that many.

Edited by ramja96

Best meal on board? Hands down it was Giovanni's and 150 Central Park, which I finally tried on this cruise. The filet in Giovanni's rivals anything I have had at Chops.

The new location of Izumi is very nice. Next time around I will have to try the Hibachi experience.

We did the Hibachi on Oasis and thought it was very good. You can order appetizers off the menu from the other side of the restaurant if you want. We ordered a gyoza appetizers and others at our table ordered sushi. The hibachi price included edamame, a salad, fried rice and a protein. We got the beef, which was beef tenderloin that they cut up and cooked to order. Others upcharged and got surf and turf or a shrimp and lobster combo. Dessert was also included but we were to full to order any.

In closing I did enjoy doing Periscopes and the live review but it was very exhausting. I was stunned at the handful of people who berated me for not showing them what THEY wanted to see. Note: this is my vacation, not yours. Asking me if I could show something is one thing, demanding it won't be tolerated.

It was learning experience and on the next cruise I will have a better idea of what to scope and when, so that way I can provide more pictures and feel a little more relaxed. The next cruise is 24 weeks away. Thank you to everyone that joined me for the journey.

Until next time... ;)

In closing I did enjoy doing Periscopes and the live review but it was very exhausting. I was stunned at the handful of people who berated me for not showing them what THEY wanted to see. Note: this is my vacation, not yours. Asking me if I could show something is one thing, demanding it won't be tolerated.

It was learning experience and on the next cruise I will have a better idea of what to scope and when, so that way I can provide more pictures and feel a little more relaxed. The next cruise is 24 weeks away. Thank you to everyone that joined me for the journey.

Until next time... ;)

Thank you so much for all the information. We are sailing the Allure this summer - our first RC cruise after 20 DCL journeys so I am just absorbing everything I can about this class of ships. Your periscopes were quite helpful (I was never able to watch live but caught most of them before deletion!) Stunned that people demanded you shoot things for them - I just have this picture of them yelling "Dance..Chris...Dance!" Again, thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Now off to watch CruisinKat's periscopes from the Allure! And I promise I won't ask her to dance.

Hi Chris,

I just was able to relive the cruise through your scopes and this review now that we are back home (:mad:!). It was a pleasure meeting up with you almost every night in the Champagne Bar for cocktails and conversation with Sheldon and company!

Can't wait to see the review of your next journey.

Best wishes,

Matt and Desiree :)

Thanks Chris, for the great review and the scopes. 1st time to watch and you did a great job in my eyes. Can't wait for our next cruise it will be on the Allure did Oasis when it was brand new, looks like it has held up well. Will look forward to your next cruise.

Until next time... ;)

Thanks for everything you did - letting us all cruise vicariously through you! Loved all the periscopes and the review. And for those rude people....that's what they make the blocking feature for :eek::D! I'm still several months away from our next cruise, so anxiously awaiting yours, Radio's or another Gambee cruise to tide me over :)

One other tidbit - we tried the Solarium Bistro on Oasis in February and it was very good. The service, the setting and the food. That and Giovanni's are probably our favorites!

Thanks Chris!

Thanks, Bugs. I think we (your cruise review fans) may be looking more forward to your next cruise (review) than you. Our voracious appetites are only temporarily satisfied when we log onto cruise critic and see there is a new Bugsy review, yay. Keep 'em coming.

Carolyn in Texas

Until next time... ;)

Hi Chris - Great review as usual. Thanks for taking so much of your vacation time to put together your live report and review. I look forward to sailing with you again next April on the Harmony. I think I owe you at least one Pedro Collins from the Schooner bar! :D

Cheers, Mac

PS - The Oasis' new big sister leaving her "birthplace" shipyard in Saint Nazaire, France.