Drink Retrieval Husband

So this should work for coffee too right? We have both purchased the Ultimate package for our Med cruise in July. I have visions of DH going and getting us a specialty coffee in the mornings for us to enjoy on our balcony.

I have not informed him of this plan yet [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So this should work for coffee too right? We have both purchased the Ultimate package for our Med cruise in July. I have visions of DH going and getting us a specialty coffee in the mornings for us to enjoy on our balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yep it's the only reason Mrs Gut takes me with her

Yes, it works for specialty coffee too.

Why would the lights or tv need to be on in the room when you aren't there? I've never seen that before. :confused:

Because the wife is still there, but DH is taking both cards to get two drinks.

A business card or even a thin piece of cardboard also works. One time I forgot to bring something to put in the slot and I just cut a credit size piece out of the cardboard holder the seapass comes in on Anthem. Worked fine.

30 or so cruises and haven't a clue what you are talking about. Never have seen a card slot inside cabin by the door on any Roayl, Celebrity, Princess or any other cruise line. Man, am I confused??????

Energy conservation measure.

Ship version of "turn the lights off when you leave the room", and why not:D

Common in European hotels these days too.

Although if you go to guest services at the end of the cruise and ask for a printout of all the drinks you had during the cruise (with package) they will tell you that they cannot because the system doesn't keep track of them. (which I still doubt)

You can see all the drinks on your on board account on your TV if you want to calculate if you're getting good value - doesn't say what each individual drink is, but the number each day will be there along with what bar you were in. Also worth checking for mistakes too - ordered a glass of wine on the package in Solarium Bistro and a bottle of wine was charged to our account - hadn't signed for it, had to get Guest Services to take it off.

I just want to know where to find a DRH. :D:D:D

Mrs .gut said "get a normal one and train him, normally with a whip and chair".:cool:

And I thought Labrador retrievers were great. Gotta see if I can retrain DH to become a DRH.

You can see all the drinks on your on board account on your TV if you want to calculate if you're getting good value - doesn't say what each individual drink is, but the number each day will be there along with what bar you were in. Also worth checking for mistakes too - ordered a glass of wine on the package in Solarium Bistro and a bottle of wine was charged to our account - hadn't signed for it, had to get Guest Services to take it off.

I looked for it on the TV on my last cruise and they were not listed. The only drink listed was the one I purchased about an hour before purchasing the drink package. :)

I also asked for a print out at guest services and was told they don't keep a list of drinks you get using the beverage package. As an IT guy, it didn't sound believable to me but that is what I was told.

Another reason for the swipe for every drink thing is tip tracking. The bartenders get their 18% for every drink/swipe. No swipe, no tip.

Source of this information?

Call me skeptical - this doesn't sound accurate to me :)

Source of this information?

Call me skeptical - this doesn't sound accurate to me :)

Food and Beverage Director on Grandeur. Asked him about how the bartenders tips were figured when all we see on the receipt is 0.00, he said they get the 18% of whatever they ring up like any other drink, even though the receipt we see is zeroed out because of the package. According to him, the more we drink the more they get in tips, and this is how they keep track.

I also asked for a print out at guest services and was told they don't keep a list of drinks you get using the beverage package. As an IT guy, it didn't sound believable to me but that is what I was told.

You clearly aren't familiar with Royal Caribbean's IT department. They are a special breed.

Food and Beverage Director on Grandeur. Asked him about how the bartenders tips were figured when all we see on the receipt is 0.00, he said they get the 18% of whatever they ring up like any other drink, even though the receipt we see is zeroed out because of the package. According to him, the more we drink the more they get in tips, and this is how they keep track.

This is interesting because we all pay a flat 18% gratuity on the drink package which means that in almost all cases the amount of money we have paid in is too little or too much. I was always under the impress that our 18% was equally distributed among the bartenders. (or at least to a pool they share from --- equally or unequally)

So I wonder what happens to the amount over and under?

Edited by NightOne

You clearly aren't familiar with Royal Caribbean's IT department. They are a special breed.

Oh, I am.

Thus far personally: Royal IT $0 , Me $100 due to their IT system issues

I also love how a few years later they still cannot let you manage your own booking online if it has OBC on it. :)

This is interesting because we all pay a flat 18% gratuity on the drink package which means that in almost all cases the amount of money we have paid in is too little or too much. I was always under the impress that our 18% was equally distributed among the bartenders. (or at least to a pool they share from --- equally or unequally)

So I wonder what happens to the amount over and under?

Right, this is why the question was asked. The group I was with was definitely getting our $$ worth out of the package and were wondering if we were essentially stiffing the bartenders after we got past the break even point. I am guessing it still goes into a pool, but based on what I was told, it doesn't stop at the $10.62 a day that was paid (Ultimate at $59), it is per drink.

Hi,

Don't forget when you take troubles seapass card you will need to have a card in the electricity slot just by the door, any credit card will do or similar.

Pete

Good point! I'll bring my seapass card from my last cruise just for the fun of it.

They've done it for me on Celebrity but I haven't asked on Royal. I would think their ship systems can't be much different but I could be wrong.